Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Fury Nerf...

CryoClaw

im assuming it was changed to make combos usable supposedly if it reduces the time for combos making it extremely hard to but im not pc player so i dont know first hand 

this

also, do we really actually need that much attackspeed when you can one/twoshot pretty much any enemy the starmap can throw at you?

to all of you fury nerf was justified guys:

Try dual ichors with fury and berserker + swirling tiger. just try and tell me again how justified it was.

Well, not everyone uses dual Ichor here ya know.

I'm just going to ask, does anyone here really believe that fury was nerfed to make combos easier?  I mean, it's something you're saying but can you honestly for one moment actually believe that is true?  They constantly justify stupid things by saying we want multiple copies of mods and yet now you think they want us all using the same mod at the same level and that we don't want to have to bother getting another mod at a lower rank?

On a separate note I find combos easier to pull off at higher speeds.

I'm just going to ask, does anyone here really believe that fury was nerfed to make combos easier?  I mean, it's something you're saying but can you honestly for one moment actually believe that is true?  They constantly justify stupid things by saying we want multiple copies of mods and yet now you think they want us all using the same mod at the same level and that we don't want to have to bother getting another mod at a lower rank?

On a separate note I find combos easier to pull off at higher speeds.

Same here, and yeah, we can simply keep Fury at a lower level!

Well they should :P

But I hate how it looks! I much prefer the D. Nikana, Fang Prime, glaive, etc :v

The Fury nerf was intended,some stances have default fast animations while some have a slow animation(like Crimson Dervish)if Fury was 90% some of the combos would be so fast that some players would not be able to do some combos of weapons.

The Fury nerf was intended,some stances have default fast animations while some have a slow animation(like Crimson Dervish)if Fury was 90% some of the combos would be so fast that some players would not be able to do some combos of weapons.

So just keep a lower leveled fury. Is that so hard?

No.  It would not be impossible.

What about slow weapons with low critical hit chances...?

I assume he plays Ash.

Ash don't give a dayum about crit chances. Invisibility skills will always trigger berserker on hits.

And Radial Blind. Apparently.

Edited by Triburos

I assume he plays Ash.

Ash don't give a dayum about crit chances. Invisibility skills will always trigger berserker on hits.

And Radial Blind. Apparently.

Even if I use Ash, I dont want to rely on my smoke screen just for the attack speed :/ Especially Since Ash's cloak is so short, even with duration mods.

The pause combo is simple even with high speed. Just watch your swing and press e. If you can't do that, just slow down when mashing E. The combo will execute even if you pause on every hit. The hold combo is super hard to execute on high speed weapon but you don't really need them as all combo basically serve no other purpose than aesthetic value

Even if I use Ash, I dont want to rely on my smoke screen just for the attack speed :/ Especially Since Ash's cloak is so short, even with duration mods.

Well- Ash is a damage dealer anyhow. He can afford to rely on Smoke Screen like that.

Atleast yer not like Loki. I have to save my energy for Radial Disarms since they're infinitely more useful than just applying invis on myself for some more melee damage.

If I wanna do that, I'll play Ash or solo. Otherwise, me team needs me to be disarming the map.

Well- Ash is a damage dealer anyhow. He can afford to rely on Smoke Screen like that.

Atleast yer not like Loki. I have to save my energy for Radial Disarms since they're infinitely more useful than just applying invis on myself for some more melee damage.

If I wanna do that, I'll play Ash or solo. Otherwise, me team needs me to be disarming the map.

Thing is, I like using all of Ash's abilities, so I dont have enough room to just put Narrow minded on without losing one of them, so Im stuck with pretty much an 8-10 second invisibility D: Shuriken's pretty useful for an all melee run against shield ospreys.

Edited by Sorez

Nerfing fury was uncool.  Agree with OP that it was not overpowered.  DE, please return fury to its original percentage.  I take it you were worried that too much speed would be overpowered with the new channeling and such.  It wouldn't be overpowered.  I mean, let's face it, no matter how you slice it (no pun intended), melee will never be as efficient as just shooting the enemies.  Melee 2.0 is a fun, shiny new toy (and it really is fun), but it's never going to be overpowered next to regular rifles.  So please make it more fun by fixing Fury.

Nerfing fury was uncool.  Agree with OP that it was not overpowered.  DE, please return fury to its original percentage.  I take it you were worried that too much speed would be overpowered with the new channeling and such.  It wouldn't be overpowered.  I mean, let's face it, no matter how you slice it (no pun intended), melee will never be as efficient as just shooting the enemies.  Melee 2.0 is a fun, shiny new toy (and it really is fun), but it's never going to be overpowered next to regular rifles.  So please make it more fun by fixing Fury.

actually... Fury 'is' overpowered the way it was if it were to exist in melee 2.0 as it once was originally.  If you 'really' want that speed back you can just do Fury + Berserk and be happy when you crit :D, for even more speed try volt, he is probably going to be a dedicated melee frame imo due to his speed alone.

The issue here is that you are too dependent upon a certain mod to see that DE has given us just as good options...  If you crit once within 24 seconds you will get a 30% speed boost, a boost that is rest mind you if you crit again giving you 24 more seconds.  Usually when i start meleeing i don't lose that buff after i get it until all the enemys are gone.

Edited by Sibarian

find it hard to do combos properley even with 30% faster melee on some weapons, try do combos on daggers, or other fast defult melee weapons with 90% more speed, almost impossible to pull off the combo you want, unless your some kind of streetfighter competetive player with button reflex.

find it hard to do combos properley even with 30% faster melee on some weapons, try do combos on daggers, or other fast defult melee weapons with 90% more speed, almost impossible to pull off the combo you want, unless your some kind of streetfighter competetive player with button reflex.

Used berserker with fang prime and sinking talon, can still do its combos easily :v

to all of you fury nerf was justified guys:

Try dual ichors with fury and berserker + swirling tiger. just try and tell me again how justified it was.

don't forget Warcry.

Well, not everyone uses dual Ichor here ya know.

alternative dual swords are dual heatsword, dual Kama, Zorens and Dual Cleavers.

Edited by faustias

Why... Why, WHY, WHY did you have to nerf it? It wasn't even OP or anything...

But okay... If you ain't fixing it then AT LEAST give us an even with a nightmare mod that gives an attack speed buff and some other atribute... Please...

Oh and about melee 2.0

First I didn't like it because with a smushy frame you are gonna have a bad time slicing armored enemies and the combos are kinda slow... But I'm getting used to it.

Fury was nerf cause combo animation timing gonna be a B***H for people, even now when i have 30% fury and when berserker is active, the swing/hit is far too fast to try and time/do

and dont forget we do a hell lot more dmg now then before

(ur not only one thats angry cause i am too, but i saw the reason why it was nerf)

Speaking of Bo... And staves I general...

Is amphis any good now? It kinda woke my interest towards it after seeing the prosecutor's using it

But yeah just realized I'm missing berserker...

I built an amphis just to have a weapon of each stance type, and played around with it a little. At first glance, it's ground slam seems to have 100% shock proc rate, which is pretty spiffy. If RNGesus ever graces me with a staff stance, I might let my dragon nikana rest a bit, just for fun.