Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Asset Seizure - The Corpus

Dappercat

"Chairman?"

A voice echoes through the dimly lit chamber. The light emanating from the holograph does not illuminate the darkest corners, nor reach to any wall, but exposes the cerulean-robed figure sitting formally on a featureless metal throne.

"Chairman, an urgent matter requires your attention."

The holograph, a feminine figure clad in sky blue, gold trimmed robes, awaits a response. A cursory observer would detect nothing abnormal in her demeanor-- she is as emotionless and facile as any of the men and women employed by the Corpus. But the tension in her voice, the uncontrollable pulses of excitement and apprehension, betrays her often modest disposition.

"Yes, Celeste?"

His voice, seething, though impotent, seems a violent din within the chamber. Upon first hearing the Chairman speak, the few given the honor, many are terrified of the almost inhuman quality of his voice. Multiplicity, serenity, a fierce hunger, a fiery rage, a child, a song, an elder, an innumerable number of clashing characteristics shade every syllable. They fear him, but she cannot. After all, she must converse with him regularly. She is the Attendant; she is the discerning eye of every camera, the ceaseless ear of every wire, the infinite beholder. She is but a single woman, but she is one of the most powerful tools the Directors have.

What she relays becomes the impetus for their infamously precise hostile takeovers, their suppression of worker rebellions, their kidnapping of important targets-- every dirty hand and bloody knife in the dark, she is the unwitting coordinator. And she relays:

"The Tenno."

It is customary, in these high-echelon matters, to remain hooded, so as not to expose the face. Allowing one's reactions and emotions to carelessly project to those capable of exploiting them presents a serious disadvantage amidst negotiations. Despite this longstanding tradition, the Chairman remains unhooded, having mastered an iron gaze. These words, however, were diamond.

"Find them. Kill them. Bring them to me."

Thought it might be fun to extrapolate on the given lore (what little there is). The Corpus are said to be a proto-corporation that controls all trade in the solar system, and they hold a certain reverence towards Orokin technology. They likely feel threatened by the awakening of the Tenno, but I believe they also see a new means of profit, and new technology to assimilate into their arsenal.

I really do like this, I wonder if the DE Team will release something like this, since DARK SECTOR was a bit of a.. Precurssor to the Tenno ( Aka Hayden Tenno )

So will something be explaining the Corpus? The Infection? Did the Infection from DARK SECTOR evolve into what the Infested are nowadays?

Who knows!

But nice work.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reading, folks, and thanks for the kind words. I've been gone for a while, with the hurricane and all, but I'll try and write something soon. I'll see if I can incorporate more dialogue, but it's tough without any hard lore to go on.

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for reading, folks, and thanks for the kind words. I've been gone for a while, with the hurricane and all, but I'll try and write something soon. I'll see if I can incorporate more dialogue, but it's tough without any hard lore to go on.

I'll see what I can do.

Hope you're safe and all is well!

• 1 year later...