Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grenades!

taiiat

surely someone other than mylsef has noticed, the grenades the enemy has are totally bullS#&$.

they can throw them at any time, i even saw the only enemy in a room throw a grenade at me while he was shooting a two handed gun. and these grenades are invisible in the air, and explode right next to you, instantly.

this is 99% of my deaths. it's really aggravating, simply because i can't see it coming and it's instant.

it feels like Sith Lords in Skyrim. just poof and i'm dead.

there really should be some sort of real wind up, and SOMEthing so you can see it flying.

Yeah I have to agree...

They have impact detonation grenades that do a ton of damage. Usually resulting in death.

If they are going to hurt that bad, then they should either

A) Be your standard time detonation grenade. So we can react to it.

or B) Have the guy yell real loud he is throwing one, or give off a warning of some sort. So we can try to move and minimize damage.

Something at least. It is kind of silly right now.

I was wondering the same thing, but yeah pretty much all my deaths in a Rhino suit no less with 260 sheild and 201 health and it kills me in one hit EVERYTIME!

my sujestion the effect that those infested have that tottaly garbage junk your screen is cool, make it so the grenades are some sort of tech bomb that puts you in that state for like 5 seconds rather than just instantly killing me would be better

Yeah i cant see or hear nades but so far for me the only time they have actually hit was when i decided to stay in one area for a long time. If you keep moving to diffirent cover so far they dont get used as much, but i am early game so i dont know how bad it is later on.

The Jackel boss in the Venus system tosses out these cluster grenades that seemingly nuke you from half the room away. I even had them hit me when I was on the opposite side of a pillar. They blow up on impact, have seemingly no telegraph, and a larger radius than the animation shows.

Grenades in their current state are pretty BS.

Enemies can throw them from more or less any range. They're tiny so it's pretty difficult to see and they don't make any sound when they land either. There's really no way to tell a grenade is coming until you see it.

But if it's already landed it's generally too late to do anything about them. They blow in about a second or less, have a huge AoE and more or less one shot all of the time.

I haven't tried a direct hit from my absurdly over shielded Volt, I got him to 4k or so shields, and grenades that are on the other side of a rather thick crate will still take out anywhere from 500-1000 of my shields.

Not sure about this last bit but one of my friends also said that he got a grenade stuck to his face so try not to get stuck!

Grenades can be fixed by giving them a more obvious warning and a longer fuse. As it is, all I can really recomend is never stop moving.

What i want to know is why we cant use grenades or any other type of explosives.

well, this is true. but then again, we don't entirely need them, so i wasn't missing them.

i do love me my demolition grade explosives, though.