Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New To This Game, Need Help With A Build.

Kozmas

Question

I want to be a melee Loki build, but I honestly have no idea what weapon, or mods I should be using. I do know that I want to remain invisible for as long as possible though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

12 answers to this question

duration mods (continuity + constitution and maybe Narrow Minded) will get your invisibility going.

The dual ichors are fantastic but you can also go with dakra prime or the bo staff - right now many weapons are viable. The ichors are definitely some of the strongest.

Rest is pretty much up to you

I use Loki a lot for Tower 3 survivals. What you want to do is get the maximum extra damage you get out of being invisible. At max rank that is 400 %, so 4 times more damage. You want to mod around that. For weapons I suggest the dual ichor, aldo they are clan research and xp locked at mastery 6. For your early game I would suggest the new nikana once you reach mastery 4, or maby the dual zoren or the fangs. Both are really good weapons. Hope this helped.

Thanks for all of the tips. I'll definitely want to get the Nikana, because I am a huge fan of katanas, but I'll probably switch to dual Ichor once I can, simply because they seem to be the best judging by what you guys are saying.

DO NOT FORMA AWAY YOUR ABILITIES. Loki has the potential to allow you to get out of a situation quickly with Switch Teleport, and Decoy draws aggro off of you and onto the decoy. Also, you need something with AOE Ground Pound for when you get swarmed. I would suggest a scythe.

um "I am new to the game"

think some people missed that..

linking a build with 3 forma and max narrow minded?

Loki is very tough to play without a few decent mods, and it may be a good idea to get Ghost Sentinel, with his pseudo stealth ability, until you get some of the better mods needed.

But Duration mods, Energy reduction mods, Energy max, Energy regen, all support his invisibility.

Your not going to have the mods to make radial disarm really work, Decoy is pretty decent at low levels.

Was just about to say that, people are missing the point of his post completely. 

In response to the topic - as other people have said, the Dual Ichors are great for end-game. Therefore, I would recommend the Dual Zorens. They are similar to the Ichors as they use the same stances and both have the same attack speed, crit chance and crit damage. However, you need to get to mastery rank two in order to use them, so upgrade all of your starting gear to 30 and get a few of the weapons you buy with credits (things like Braton and Lex) until you get to mastery two. Then if you get the mods that raise crit chance and damage, put them on the Dual Zorens. The crit build is what makes that, and the Dual Ichors, a great weapon. Also, you will be able to copy the build you get for this over to the Dual Ichors, when you get them later on in the game, so there will not be a big transition of play-style.

One last thing - one of the first few posts had an Orthos Prime build. To that guy, you shouldn't have checked the "critical" box since there is only a 10% chance, so that DPS number is wrong because you will only get that once every ten times you hit, statistically. 

Loki is very tough to play without a few decent mods, and it may be a good idea to get Ghost Sentinel, with his pseudo stealth ability, until you get some of the better mods needed.

But Duration mods, Energy reduction mods, Energy max, Energy regen, all support his invisibility.

Your not going to have the mods to make radial disarm really work, Decoy is pretty decent at low levels.

I'm pretty much opposing the idea of getting Ghost.His Invisible percept is so broken/useless.And also why using an invisible sen on an invisible frame?

And i forgot,it's much harder to level him and his weapon up comparing to other sens,

Edited by nhatanh2312

sentinels go invis when Loki does now.

I personally found shade very good as a low ranked player leveling frames, since.. you can stay out of combat invis and regen, sheilds.

you can even walk mob to mob and complete missions without shooting a shot, and perform stealth missions, and backstabs...

I had no issues, but Admit, I haven't equipped shade in almost 6 months... so he may have changed.

Carrier is just tooo...   good..

Edited by Tatersail

lol noone reads the entire posts these days they see loki build, they post their formaed corrupted build