Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs Better Client Progress Saving

LGear

Well, as I https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/219016-you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me/'>pretty much calmly ranted in a recent thread I made, I lost the Rare Tranquil Cleave Stance I've been hunting for over a week now since Update 13 launched, because of a connection error that prevented the game's progress from being saved.

While there is nothing I can do about my incredibly bad luck (seriously, why did that had to happen just as I found Tranquil Cleave?!), my issue is not unique to me alone. During the server instability caused by last week's DDOS attacks, many players also have had similar stories of losing progress in hunting rare mods like Tranquil Cleave because the game is unable to connect to DE's servers, and thus could not "update account information" on our game.  

The question now becomes... why can't Warframe save the progress of our games client-side? We know that Warframe saves certain states client-side, for example even if you can't connect to the net or having network trouble in some fashion, the last Warframe you used in the game would be the Warframe that greets you during the log-in screen (unless I am misunderstanding the entire thing). We can have the game's progress be temporarily saved client-side whenever we finish a mission on extract, then have said data stored until a new save state is created. Having some measure of game progress be saved client-side even in the event of network problems whether on DE's end or the client's end would prevent future frustration like I just went through by ensuring that your hard work is saved, and then can be uploaded to the servers once connection stabilizes or is restored.  

Now I imagine there'd be issues with having save states be stored client-side, such as hacking the save state to gain some sort of advantage in item collection or something along those lines. But if drop tables can be encrypted to prevent datamining and subsequently hacking, why not do the same for the client-side save state?

I just hope that such a measure, or similar, might be implemented in the future, to prevent the inconvenience of such an event rearing its ugly head.

Just do a support ticket, they'll understand and send it to your account.

Unfortunately, this isn't necessarily true.

I had lost my first Despair BP when my game crashed right before extraction on an alert. Because of the fast pace, I wasn't able to get a screenshot, because my EE.log file was incomplete and could not be used to determine whether I had actually gotten the BP or not.

So if OP didn't take a screenie, its unlikely they'll reimburse him.

They have helped me in the past, a rare mod ... I can't remember what, dropped way back when, and the game crashed on extraction, I filed a ticked, and all of us that were in the mission got the mod ... so umm it is at least worth a try to file a ticket.

They have helped me in the past, a rare mod ... I can't remember what, dropped way back when, and the game crashed on extraction, I filed a ticked, and all of us that were in the mission got the mod ... so umm it is at least worth a try to file a ticket.

That's an encouraging testimony.

Unfortunately, this isn't necessarily true.

I had lost my first Despair BP when my game crashed right before extraction on an alert. Because of the fast pace, I wasn't able to get a screenshot, because my EE.log file was incomplete and could not be used to determine whether I had actually gotten the BP or not.

So if OP didn't take a screenie, its unlikely they'll reimburse him.

I read about that EE.log file in the thread I linked. Does that method still work if you've already played another game afterwards?

Edit: Also, Support seems to be unavailable until tomorrow. Oh well...

Edited by LGear

I read about that EE.log file in the thread I linked. Does that method still work if you've already played another game afterwards?

Edit: Also, Support seems to be unavailable until tomorrow. Oh well...

Nope, sorry, the EE.log file is only good if you haven't played another game after the glitch/crash/bug/whatever has happened. Also, its only really good if you complete the game (i.e. you get to extraction/rewards screen).

Screenshots are a good thing to take in either case.