Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious Udp/firewall Bug Discovered.

Larcetosus

I had no problems playing Warframe online for the past few months. Never had a "strict NAT" and all that hoohah. Till recently I discovered that while in the Dojo, when a player presses "esc" to view the menu and goes to clan, if the player clicks on "Learn About The Dark Sectors", the game hangs.

So just restart the game right?
WRONG.

After restarting the game, the network ports that you were using instantly becomes "blocked" by your firewall.

So just change to another set of network ports. That'll work right?
WRONG AGAIN.

After changing and testing ALL available network ports, each and every one of them states that one of the port is "reserved" by another program.

I've checked my router settings, my firewall settings, even disabled my firewall too. STILL doesn't work.

It didnt just happen to me, it happened to a few of my curious friends too. So the problem is getting bigger. Feel free to try this at your own risk. I'd appreciate any solutions to the problem.

DE Please look into this. I've played hours and hours of Warframe and I don't intend to stop. But this is a HUGE turn off for me.

Are you using a third party firewall program like Norton?

That being said, once I'm able to I'll see if I can replicate the issue as well.

In the meantime, do you think you could submit a Support Ticket and attach your EE.log file and generate a DxDiag.txt file to send in with your ticket? These two files may help support identify the nature and cause of the error you're experiencing.

No I'm not using any third party programs.

I'm not a tech fellow so I apologize that I have no idea what EE.log file and DxDiag.txt files are. Would you mind explaining it in layman terms? :P

Update: I'm not too sure if accessing the clan tab through the "esc" menu anywhere else will provide the same effects. But I do know that once I access it from the dojo itself, the ports that I was using will be blocked.

I had same conversation with support, they keep pointing at me, even with firewall disabled same udp port error.

I hope that DE will look into this instead of usual copypaste, check your settings and browse this article.

I've checked every possible settings I know of. Router settings, game settings, firewall settings. Everything was left untouched from the last time I ran the game.
Like I said, I've even tested all network ports in the game and every one of them is "being used" by some program.

Update: Went to bed last night and the problem seemed to have fixed itself overnight. Not sure how, or what happened. Router wasn't reset. Computer wasn't even turned off. But somehow the problem is fixed. Thanks for al the suggestions and solutions :D