Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ps4] Issues With Accounts

Chronozoah

Question

Greetings, Warframe community. I've found myself in somewhat of an odd and unfortunate situation which I'm not certain can be entirely resolved, but I figured I'd see if anyone else has faced a similar issue and knows how to undo it.

I recently opened up Warframe on PS4 with the intent of migrating my PC account there, however, upon start-up I was immediately sent to the tutorial (can't remember if this is supposed to happen) without being given the chance to sign into Warframe, and it was my understanding that one required a Warframe account (that they expressly created) in order to play Warframe. However, now I am unable to 'sign into' Warframe on PS4 as I am immediately logged in with a seemingly spontaneous account that I didn't create, and at no point was there an option for me to log in, thus outright preventing me from using an existing account.

Now then, I can't seem to get rid of this account that was created for me, which is strange considering the aforementioned factors. Is there any way of bypassing this so that I can sign into another account? I can't seem to find an option for it, which would imply that I may be stuck with this dud account I didn't actually ask for. Has anyone else faced a similar issue, and what exactly can be done about this? I have an unfortunate feeling that this misstep is irreversible, particularly considering that I can't seem to find any kind of log out function, so I'm stuck for the time being.

I have started a new Warframe account tied to another PSN profile. Is there some sort of limitation or issue of interference that could be caused by this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Chronozoah

4 answers to this question

I feared that might be the case. Is there any knowledge regarding when this might be possible?

Is gaining access to the game through bypassing the log-in and manual account creation supposed to occur, though? It didn't occur last time I booted up Warframe, which was approximately a week ago.

Edited by Chronozoah

There are some legal issues, DE is still discussing the topic with Sony.

What exactly do you mean by bypassing log-in? Are you talking about that, that you don't have to log-in on PS4 version? If yes, then I believe it'll stay like it is now. PS4 account will still be completely separate from PC one, your username on PS4 account will be your PSN username.

I see.

Yes. Unlike the last time I accessed Warframe on PS4, I wasn't presented with a log-in screen at any point. I'm pretty sure I had to log-in manually last time, but either way, that seems to be an accurate summation of the situation, and with that, my questions are answered. It seems as if I'll be waiting on the possibility of account migration before digging into the game on PS4, then. Thanks again.