Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should We Get "smart" Drops?

Arxiun

So today I farmed my last T3 Survival key (Looking for reaper prime handle). At 5 min, I got a fang prime blade. At 10, another blade (I started this mission with 2 already, so I thought "wll now I can sell a set!"). 15: Uncommon Core. 20: Forma bp (not bad). 25: Fang prime blade. 30: Fang prime blade. Then we extracted. I was so upset. So what I want to know: Do you think rewards should be programmed so that they do not give the same reward twice in a mission? or at least reduce the chances? It's just frustrating, using a key and only getting the same thing OVER and OVER again (especially for me, who just got my first prime today and am not at the point of "uberness"). What do you guys think?

That is a great idea bro, completely agree !

I like the idea of smart drops, but how would it effect other players? Would they stay instances from other players so you wouldn't effect their drop or vise versa?

I don't see what you mean sorry (^-^)"

Actually having it set so each item only shows up once on defense would be kinda nice. Survival I'm somewhat iffy on, simply because there are a number of items you need two of to make a complete prime, but if all of those were moved over to survival missions...

I dont think it's too wise to stop repeating things. since there are only so many rewards, it would be too easy to get everything by just staying in the mission knowing that you can't get the same thing twice...

Remember, if something is easy to get, it loses value.

Today, I ran T1 captures, 11 times in a row... for those 11 times, rewards were: 7x T1 defense keys, 2x T2 Capture keys, 1x forma BP and 1x Bronco Prime BP...

Ok, I guess there is some mutual hatred going on between me and RNG, I'll save the rest of my T1 capture keys for another day.

Actually having it set so each item only shows up once on defense would be kinda nice. Survival I'm somewhat iffy on, simply because there are a number of items you need two of to make a complete prime, but if all of those were moved over to survival missions...

for defense that really seems like a good idea, i hate it when i get rare cores twice in a row (or even more often, 15 waves = primepart my a**)

Well maybe for survival limit the count to how many you actually need, so you get max of two fang blades per mission etc.

so you could go an hour and have everything that drops in one survival-tower? byebye grind, but that'd kill a lot of the longevity the game currently has

That is a great idea bro, completely agree !

I don't see what you mean sorry (^-^)"

What he is saying is that drops would differ from other players, meaning you might get forma but someone else would get a bp

horrible idea people can easily already stay over an hour. I am all for improved chances the longer you go rather then the stay 20 min system.

What you need to realize is that some players simply can't. I personally struggle above 40. While for those who have he plat to buy (from trading) or the time to farm to get the weapons/mods required to go that far, others don't. It's the same reason people ask for taxis: They want the reward but they are unable to do it themselves. So when people like me, who aren't end game, are 35 min in a T3 S and have two akbronco bps, two reaper bps and are now getting an orokin cell, it just feels depressing. RNGesus does increase difficulty and reward, but It seems senseless to make you recieve so many of the same item in a mission (which will also diminish its market value, meaning you basically do nothing with it).

I dont think it's too wise to stop repeating things. since there are only so many rewards, it would be too easy to get everything by just staying in the mission knowing that you can't get the same thing twice...

Remember, if something is easy to get, it loses value.

Today, I ran T1 captures, 11 times in a row... for those 11 times, rewards were: 7x T1 defense keys, 2x T2 Capture keys, 1x forma BP and 1x Bronco Prime BP...

Ok, I guess there is some mutual hatred going on between me and RNG, I'll save the rest of my T1 capture keys for another day.

I see what you're saying, but what you have to remember is that there are already things like resources in the drop table. With resources like orokin cells, forma and reactors, there is almost no limit to the amount you need. So if these are in the drop table, its not like a 40 min run will give you everything. I think they should make the drops like the normal survival/defense, where every 5/10/15 minutes has a different mini drop table. Also, They could add some things like rare mods or maybe even the key your using to the drops.

It is RNG, you cannot fight that. You either accept it or cry about it. Idea isnt bad, but honestly, it isnt in DE interest to implement something like this.

As player i would like something like this, as developer of game that is based on RNG, i wouldnt.