Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More Justice {Fan Fiction}

5L3ND3RMaN

"Well, perhaps when you occupy this frame, you will use more... caution." -Ordis

The theory that each Tenno only wears one warframe is pretty much completely busted at this point. Evidence even indicates that Tenno are capable of changing their gender at will to use any warframe they want.

Damn you Ordis...Thank you for pointing that out. I'm having a hard time figuring out a way around that. I think to get away from the game logic (one player using multiple warframes) is the best way to go with fan fictions. When it comes to stories you can't really explain things like that without going into some weird logic, even more weird for ninjas in space. Transgender is something I think I'll avoid. 

Damn you Ordis...Thank you for pointing that out. I'm having a hard time figuring out a way around that. I think to get away from the game logic (one player using multiple warframes) is the best way to go with fan fictions. When it comes to stories you can't really explain things like that without going into some weird logic, even more weird for ninjas in space.

I personally think it's best for fan fictions to stick as close as possible to the game's lore, so that it's imaginable that the fan fiction could have feasibly taken place in the game's universe. Many fan fiction writers try to escape from the lore of the universe they're working in by saying their story is "AU" (alternate universe) but this has a number of problems as well, as it makes the story somewhat bewildering to those familiar with the game's lore.

If you want to get into some "weird logic":

It's been pretty much confirmed that Tenno are physical, humanoid beings that wear the warframes and can switch between them, due to quotes by the Lotus, Ordis, Sargas Ruk, Lech Kril, and the bleed proc visual effect. Ordis warns you to be cautious when occupying the Limbo warframe, the quest lines have you collecting pieces of the Mirage and Chroma warframes to wear for yourself, Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril both say that there's flesh inside of the warframes, and we bleed when hit with bleed procs. The theory that the Tenno are energy beings, as well as the theory that Tenno can only use a single warframe, are both pretty much busted already. You play as one humanoid Tenno that switches between the warframes in your arsenal.

But then how do humanoid Tenno use both male and female warframes? There are three possibilities.
1. Tenno do not have a physical sex/gender, and the warframes only do because they were created in the image of their first wearer.
2. Tenno can use any warframe regardless of their sex/gender, and the warframes are only male/female because they were created in the image of their first wearer.
3. Tenno can change their physical sex/gender at will to fit which warframe they want to wear.

The third theory appears to be the most likely when you take a look at the Tenno in cryopods on defense missions, since all of the Tenno in cryo appear to be male. Would this mean that there are no female Tenno in existence? No, that can be proven false when you consider that the female warframes must have been made in the image of their first wearer. This means that Tenno must be capable of changing their sex/gender at will, and all switched to being male when they went into cryo for some reason, perhaps because being male would somehow help them withstand the cold better.

Transgender is something I think I'll avoid. 

Why?

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Very interesting. With that bit presented I will spend some time reworking those areas before proceeding with the story. If evidence had been different I would have liked that first theory to be applicable because having no set gender is easy to work with. But with the third being the most supported, that just means I have a little thinking to do. And to answer your questions as to why I would rather avoid transgender in the story, I do not have any personal biases against transgenders. As slightly answered by my preference to number one, transgender does get a little hard to work with because its not easily explained. I think I can work something out. Thank you again for pointing these out. I will post corrections before continuing the story. I do like to stick to lore while being able to add on to what is not known so if anything else like that comes up, let me know.