Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic Ancients, Drop Rates Superlow Or, What?

LordLokai

So my friend and i and our friends have been farming infested for Brutal tide for his frame, and according to wiki Toxic ancient is suppose to drop this. HOWEVER we began to notice this trend of...them just never dropping anything, after wave 20-30 we still have never actually seen them drop anything SO i thought i'd ask if this was miss information or, what deal was. I can understand a rare mod but i'd expect to see them drop something in the bazillion runs we've done since 2.0.... and i honestly cant recall seeing a mod drop when i killed them like ever...

Just like a veterns input it'd help us out big time, we've been doing derelict missions for the infested since its easiest way to farm or so it seems.

Edit: note i just got the sentienal drop rate boost mod, so i hope this helps us out. we arent best geared or anything but we are managing pretty well, getting to wave 25-30 in most cases. Could be terrible luck but we are getting discouraged with stances being so dang rare ...

Edited by LordLokai

The drop chance for stances and more so for the rare stances is pretty terrible atm.  Your best option to get what you're after a little quicker is to bring a Necros and have him desecrate everything so everything you kill gets another chance to drop something.  Keep trying, it's probably just that the RNG is screwing you over.

Edit: note i just got the sentienal drop rate boost mod, so i hope this helps us out. we arent best geared or anything but we are managing pretty well, getting to wave 25-30 in most cases. Could be terrible luck but we are getting discouraged with stances being so dang rare ...

If you're talking about Spare Parts, that doesn't increase the drop rate of enemies. It gives your Sentinel a chance to drop rare mats when it dies.

2 days ago me and my friends played dark sectors till wave 90 .. the rewards were crap .. the best reward we got was t3 key .. in the whole 90 wave we didnt get any rare stance mod drop not even a core 5 as i remember , AT ALL !!

Agreed. +1

Ancient Disruptors also drop a mod that I was looking for.

I'm not complaining about the drop rate for a specific mod vs other mods and I don't think OP is either. I've been doing Infested Defense a lot at all sorts of levels. After about wave 20 or 25 Ancients start showing up in larger numbers, but somehow FEWER mods are dropping overall per wave. Some waves go by with no mods dropping at all. The actual rate at which the ancients will drop a mod of any kind seems to be very low.

If you're talking about Spare Parts, that doesn't increase the drop rate of enemies. It gives your Sentinel a chance to drop rare mats when it dies.

ah well it just says 45% item drop kind of misleading! fooie...

Edit: well wiki seems to have conflicting data, some are saying it boosts drops while its alive, others when it dies, it seems nobody really knows...

Edited by LordLokai

I got Brutal Tide and yes, it does drop from Toxic Ancients.

Survival is somewhat better for finding mods because the game continually spawns enemies rather than spawning them in waves.

On some days, you find whatever you want without trying and on others, you can't seem to find anything you want. The Random Number God has moods.

No one really knows what Spare Parts does.  DE's never said what it does and I can never find a solid answer.  I've heard three different answers, none of which DE has confirmed as far as I know.  If someone actually has somewhere that shows DE explaining what this mod does please link it. 

No one really knows what Spare Parts does.  DE's never said what it does and I can never find a solid answer.  I've heard three different answers, none of which DE has confirmed as far as I know.  If someone actually has somewhere that shows DE explaining what this mod does please link it. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Spare_Parts Increases the chance your Sentinel will drop mods and/or rare mats upon death 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Spare_Parts Increases the chance your Sentinel will drop mods and/or rare mats upon death 

I think that is the article they are questioning, but yes it is correct. It was made because there was a bug where sentinels would drop stuff on death, so DE made it a mod instead of removing the possibility from the game. "It's not a bug, just a feature" sort of thing.

But back on topic, Ancients are notoriously evil for withholding all of the good stuff. Ex. the mod firestorm drops from healers, and even when people could (and did) play infested almost exclusively, it was pretty hard to get.

As far as I can tell, Brutal Tide off toxic ancients is obscenely rare. I've had a Nekros with me and I have been farming dark sectors long enough that I actually have *spare* lifestrikes and quickenings, but no brutal tide.

I've sort of given up and now I'm just planning on transmuting it.

I have never used any of the gauntlet or hand-to-hand weapons in this game. But I managed to have Brutal Tide drop in a Dark Sector. When the RNG blesses you, work with it. When it doesn't, find something else to do and come back to a little grinding later. Otherwise you will go completely frothing at the mouth insane.