Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen Shake Give Me Motion Sickness

.Talia.

Hey DE, can we please have an option to disable Screen Shake effects from weapons and abilities?

When its just a single shake for example when using heavy melee weapons, or the Penta or something like that, its ok, i don't feel anything, but when exposed to constant screen shakes for example when using the Stug gets me feeling dizziness and nausea, those screen shakes make me uncomfortable and i can't focus my vision, i feel that sensory mismatch, its a bad feeling sometimes i want to vomit. I can't use the Stug with my Trinity for that infamous self-damage trick because of that.

No game in the world should make the player feel physical pain for playing it, its a cool effect if it doesn't affect you, but players like me that suffer motion sickness from this effect, should have an option to disable don't you agree?

I'm all for options like this that enhances player comfort.

However, I think the only problem that DE will run into is how weapon recoil is handled. I remember at some point, DE mentioned how weapon recoil is tied to screen shake.

I have no idea how this is coded, but I think a check can be done to prevent sources other than weapon recoil from doing their screen shake somehow.

I dunno...

Hopefully DE will consider to implement it one day.

But weapon recoil screen shake should likely stay.