Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Can't Be Thrown Without Combo/primary? What?!?

InvaderMEEN

The Glaive can't be thrown without a primary equipped/stance equipped.

Please add the ability to throw the Glaive when the Glaive is equipped, like you can when you have a primary equipped (holding E). Otherwise it makes the Glaive pretty pointless, as you cannot channel and throw at the same time without a combo.

Yea it's kind of illogical that they'd do that. Same thing with taking away charge attacks.

Charge attacks was replaced by Channeling.

But yes, it kind of is illogical that you should have to do a combo to throw the Glaive when it's equipped. Why can't we just throw the dang thing the first time around?

But yes, it kind of is illogical that you should have to do a combo to throw the Glaive when it's equipped. Why can't we just throw the dang thing the first time around?

Well they said they're changing it back... so.... yah

I understand that channeling replaced charge attacks, but why? Why not do charge combos where each hit is held? That would be awesome on the Glaive.

Great I was just about to open a thread on this thanks. While they were at it to add a charge (throw) option all through out the combo would be awesome in my opinion. Since currently there is only one stance for the KESTREL and the glaives.. (everyone forgets about the MIGHTY KESTREL)

You can. You just need to do a combo thing.

(They're fixing it, just wait)

atm its just E HOLD E

as in, you need a first strike and then you can throw it

This. You can do it without the Stance as well.

The devs said that there were problems implementing a straight-up hold-down-the-button-to-initiate-attack in melee mode (which is odd, considering how it works perfectly fine when not in melee mode... I'd imagine that the code can't be too different), so they went with the next best thing while they work on getting the hold-and-throw to work. It's annoying, but it should be back to normal within a few weeks (hopefully).

People still believe this? I mean when the patch first launched I got it, no-one knew how it worked it was too soon... After so many days people still cling on to the idea that Channelling replaced charge attacks o.O

Channelling was simply added to complement finisher moves (that were probably weaker by comparison from charge attacks) and also to generally make melee stronger. It did not replace anything, it was an addition to fill the gaps in power and change the game strategy as well with regards to extra mods being added that perform certain tasks whilst channelling.

Finishing moves in combos/stances are what replaced charge attacks. In that, charge attacks simply moved over into combos and they were slightly changed. They damage less, but can be buffed with channelling, and usually have more than one finisher animation (hits) to give the same results (check Jat Kittag out, finisher combo includes that whirl-windy thingy not once, twice, the second being as strong as the old charge attack and perhaps even stronger when channelled)...

Please people, learn the mechanics how this works it is important everyone gets to understand it rather than keep coming across and reading such comments "charge attack was replaced with channelling".... Not true. Channelling was added, as was equipping melee weapons, and charge (which was simply performed through holding down the attack button) evolved into combos, nothing to do with channelling mechanic what-so-ever.

Charge attacks being replaced by finisher moves is really not a replacement, it is an evolution. Charge attacks evolved into combos and they are still pretty much there. Channelling, is a completely different thing and addition to the game...

A lot of you keep making it sound like they substituted one thing for something else, which really bugs me. Melee 2.0 did not take anything out of the game besides charge attack which was not really taken out of the game, it simply became less spam-able and also harder for everyone to get their hands on (through the addition of stances) making combo spamming even less common now. They added to the game. Channelling-channelling mods-melee equip-block strafe (one goes hand in hand with the other as a mechanic) and more.

Nothing was taken out of the game, neither substituted.

Edited by HazaRD-WARRIOR

It IS fixed.

Look at what people are saying.

e hold e, without the stance, still does the charge.

I know, and i for one don't consider a throw that utilizes an unnecessary melee attack a proper throw, therefore it is not a finalized fix

i don't know what the purpose for "first swing then throw" is, but I don't think it is that hard to implement a second combo for just a single throw.

I know, and i for one don't consider a throw that utilizes an unnecessary melee attack a proper throw, therefore it is not a finalized fix

i don't know what the purpose for "first swing then throw" is, but I don't think it is that hard to implement a second combo for just a single throw.

It is hard, apparently.

DE mentioned that they are working on fixing it.

Something that seems to be simple coding wise can mess up a lot. Seems like this is one of those things.

Lots of stuff

And where the crap did it say this? I checked the wiki, the forums, EVERYWHERE...

DE really did a terrible job of posting all the nitty-gritty details (as in they DIDN'T. All they said was "charge attacks are going away and now there's Channeling"), it makes it really hard to understand and mod for Melee 2.0.