Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Levels And Damage Output - Ps4

(PSN)Pyro117

Question

Quick Question:

Will a warframe damage output increase as you increase the rank?  As I built my Mag Prime, at first she was weak (at rank 10, I had fully modded intensify, pull and crush) but at level 30 her damage seems to have increased.  The only other cards I added was reflection, vitality, streamline, flow - no other power damage mods.  So from rank 10 to rank 30 - the damage output seemed to be better...

Am I imagining that the warframe actually got stronger by just her levels?  I always thought that the mods were the only damage modifiers.

8 answers to this question

only ranking up that skill increases damage, ranking up your warframe increases shield, health, energy, and points for modding only.

That is what I always thought, but my Mag Prime at level 30 is seemingly doing more damage than the Mag Prime at level 10 with the same damage mods...

I will have to run some more Void missions.

That is what I always thought, but my Mag Prime at level 30 is seemingly doing more damage than the Mag Prime at level 10 with the same damage mods...

I will have to run some more Void missions.

Have you upgraded your ability mods?

All leveling a 'frame does is provide more energy for better mods. It also increases your base shields and health. That's it.

Your "power" comes from your mods. This applies to both 'frames and weapons.

Once you're 30 with fully leveled mods, then only way to increase a 'frames strength is through increases to total energy with an orokin reactor or reduce mod costs through forma.

Okay,  I guess I am not being clear with my question.

At level 10 (with aura card, and orokin reactor) - I have fully modded Pull and Crush on the Mag Prime.  I also have a fully moded Intesify on the Mag prime.  I ran a tower 2 void mobile defense and had lots of issues killing non corpus enemies.  At one point, I did 3 crush (and nothing else) and still couldn't kill a level 20 Grineer (not the Heavy).

At level 30 (same setup as level 10) - I have added a streamline, stretch, flow, redirection and vitality card.  Now none of these cards should affect the damage output - correct?  However I seem to be able to kill Grineer easier.  I need to run another Tower II mobile defense and see if I can truly kill those same grineer easier.

This is why I am asking if leveling a warframe actually does improve upon damage output.

Shield Pol scales with enemy level, dont think thats relevant in this situation.

Likely someone in your group was using Corrosive Projection aura, which will up your damage against armored targets significantly.

Shield Pol scales with enemy level, dont think thats relevant in this situation.

Likely someone in your group was using Corrosive Projection aura, which will up your damage against armored targets significantly.

when i am testing, i am only running with friends I know.  I will make sure this aura is not in play.  Thanks for your advice.