Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do Fire Rate Mods Affect The Phage?

--GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO--

It's a continuous rifle. You don't see the gain, much like with the Flux Rifle or the Synapse, but it's present, as you would be doing more damage per second (ie your synapse only shows damage per second. Damage with speed trigger would be higher because you're shooting more "bullets" in that second, even if you don't see it).

Phage is tricky in that it fluctuates a lot because of how you focus/unfocus the strands. But since it's a continuous shotgun, you do go through ammo faster, you just don't necessarily see more "bullets" because the Phage doesn't do bullets. 

TLDR: It acts like any assault rifle that's continous, like the Flux or the Synapse.

I believe that multishot got a nerf on shotguns. Or maybe shotguns in general are at a bad place. Haven't bothered much with them tbh.

Edited by michaelwii

It affects the phage in an odd kind of way (maybe not). It increases its fire-rate, but also it shortens the length of time needed to focus the beams.

Scratch that, I was thinking of spread mods.

Edited by Vitras

Damage is the same as other continuous weapons. It eats ammo faster, but simply deals more damage per tick (as opposed to bullet-based weapons, which deal the same damage per hit at a higher hit rate), IIRC. Before the devs altered the continuous weapons' mechanics so that they're less "continuous" than a medium-speed rifle, you would have seen the usual increase in hit rate.

As for the beams themselves, I don't think the tightening speed is affected by fire rate, but I haven't really tested this out much.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by SortaRandom

So does Tainted Shell actually reduce the starting spread of the Phage? I like the feel of the Phage, apart from the ludicrous refocus time that resets every time I go down a flight of steps and my character decides to roll at the end. And would the lower attack rate on TS not simply cancel the benefit of a lower spread?