Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Speed Should Not Increase Field-Of-View For Its User

Renathy

Especially for players who have their field-of-view sliders set to the max, and with Volt's speed, it almost turns into fish-eye. It makes it hard to navigate, at least for myself, and makes it a nuisance to shoot at enemies without having to aim down the sights. I honestly appreciate the field-of-view, with Speed activated, when aiming down the sights (Maybe this could be another suggestion: the possibility to change the weapon's sight field-of-view.), but I was actually hoping they would have changed it when they disabled the field-of-view increase for the rest of the team, back then.

Edited by JRMC

Seriously, do people not understand the concept of abilities having "drawbacks" for their advantages?

yeah, right... this was done to increase the sense of speed, possibly to make navigating easier (with default field of view in mind). it had been an escape/flight ability for a long time, the melee attack rate increase was added later on. so a) it is going to be used much more often especially now with the melee rework and b) as jrmc wrote the increase in field of view is just too much if you already maxed the according slider in the games settings. a cap - as llyssa suggested - sounds like a sensible solution.

Edited by SlyBoots

Seriously, do people not understand the concept of abilities having "drawbacks" for their advantages?

So a drawback should be something bad for the player? Many players may get sick from high fields-of-view. I'm not saying I'm one of them, but a drawback shouldn't be harmful for its user, and if it was changed for the teammates gaining the buff, why not the user itself?

Quite the few updates ago, some changes were made to a few warframe abilities, and Volt's Speed was changed to affect teammates in a certain radius as well. The FOV change also affected other players.

This annoyed a lot of players, because there would be abrupt changes in FOV when buffed by Volt's Speed, and there were many complaints about it.

Threads were made about wanting a kind of toggle option to not be affected by FOV change from Volt's Speed. So this would be an option the Volt user too. People who liked the FOV change can keep it on. People who find it disruptive can turn it off for themselves.

A few updates later, DE heard the complaints and made a change so that Volt's Speed no longer changes the FOV of other players.

...You were so close, DE. So damn close...

Player's discussed what they wanted, and you.... kind of got it.

Yeah, I really dislike the FOV change as well. I get that it can give a sense of speed, but I don't need that kind of visual indication and I find it disruptive. I can already tell I'm moving much faster by seeing how much ground I'm covering over a time.

I understand that some players really like it, which is why a option was discussed back then.

I would so greatly appreciate it if someone at DE would implement this.

I was actually hoping they would have changed it when they disabled the field-of-view increase for the rest of the team, back in the day.

Yeah. When I read the changes of the patch notes that day, my heart was crushed a bit.  :(

This "drawback" makes certain people motion sick. And these people are perfectly healthy people (like me). Besides, why should Speed have any drawbacks in this manner? The only drawback I can think of for other skills is that activating them costs energy and has a small cast time. Speed doesn't have any cast time but is it okay for a (small but not tiny) percentage of players feel physically worse when it's used?

This "drawback" makes certain people motion sick. And these people are perfectly healthy people (like me). Besides, why should Speed have any drawbacks in this manner? The only drawback I can think of for other skills is that activating them costs energy and has a small cast time. Speed doesn't have any cast time but is it okay for a (small but not tiny) percentage of players feel physically worse when it's used?

Some games cause motion sickness.

Some games cause epileptic problems.

S#&$ happens.  Not every game will cater to every person.

Don't like it?  Don't use it.  Ask other players not to use it.

Some games cause motion sickness.

Some games cause epileptic problems.

S#&$ happens.  Not every game will cater to every person.

Don't like it?  Don't use it.  Ask other players not to use it.

There's nothing wrong with an option to disable it. People have been asking for it for AGES. Here's my take on the problem:

Higher FOV means everything SEEMS to be moving faster (try it yourself in TF2 or something). The skill also gives you real speed, making everything moving faster and SEEMING to move faster. This is detrimental to one's aim as well as creating motion sickness for otherwise normal people.

Besides, this fix is very easy. Just put an option to toggle the FOV change or not. "Don't use it" is not the solution to everything in life. Nearly every problem this game has can be "fixed" by saying don't use it. Trinity is broken? Don't use her. Ash/Banshee aren't good enough? Use something better. This weapon is OP/UP? Don't use them either.

Don't like the game? Don't play it; find something else to play that you like more.

I'm not a fan of that line of thinking. These are real problems with real (and often simple) fixes that can improve everyone's experience. Fixing even something as small as this can only IMPROVE the game. Not fixing this problem is going to be worse since people will be more reluctant to use a skill that makes Volt unique and powerful.

The very fact that people have been asking for ages should give you a clue as to what the take on it is from the developers: no.

I am dead serious.  Not every little thing needs to be changed to conform and improve the experience of the few people with difficulties.  That is entitlement magnitude 10 right there.

And entitlement can go F*** itself.

The very fact that people have been asking for ages should give you a clue as to what the take on it is from the developers: no.

I am dead serious.  Not every little thing needs to be changed to conform and improve the experience of the few people with difficulties.  That is entitlement magnitude 10 right there.

Does this opinion carry over to Colorblind Support? (Such as changing the icons on the lockers to indicate their state by shape.)

everyone has Motion Sickness, the effect just changes from person to person. In case you're not aware there's three causes to Motion Sickness:

feeling movement yet not seeing it.

seeing movement yet not feeling it.

when you both feel and see it yet they don't match up.

now only the second two apply to gaming, so in case if you don't understand what I'm getting at, it's this: these people are seeing the movement, yet they're not feeling it and as such they're feeling motion sick

I'm a bit tired of reading feedback on this forum and still doesn't get heard or get implemented by DE.  Why the F*** do we even bother?

There's a lot of feedback that has been heard by DE, and much of it was implemented. There's a big percentage of content in-game that were user ideas and suggestions.

There's a lot of feedback that has been heard by DE, and much of it was implemented. There's a big percentage of content in-game that were user ideas and suggestions.

Yes, of course.  But the minor ones that kinda breaks the game are ignored.  Like the Nikana clipping through Hydroid's legs and this thread and the ability to turn off the effect on melee weapons and etc etc.  Not to mention that it takes months for some small stuff to be heard.

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit tired of reading feedback on this forum and still doesn't get heard or get implemented by DE.  Why the F*** do we even bother?

You seem to be under the impression that all feedback should result in a change.

Easy on the entitlement, there. You're wrong.