Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Battle Pay Exploit

sneakyaznguy

Reward money is deducted at extraction, instead of when someone starts the mission. 

We know this because when we do our 5th run for a catalyst at 99.4% and it hits 100% before we extract we dont get our potato and waste 20+ minutes of our time with nothing to show for it.

When "epic battle pay" 50k+ credits pops up hundreds join but many get 0 at extraction.  There many threads complaining about this, with a lot of "they ran out of money" or "it was only good for the next 10 or 20 people".

An alliance gets support from hundreds of players who would have not done so, and for free.

SOLUTION:

Battle pay needs to be deducted from the pool at the start of the mission (refunded if the mission fails).  This goes for both dark sector and invasions.

edit:

this is not directed at any alliance.  This is just to inform players of why they didnt get their battle pay.

Edited by sneakyaznguy

A well cordnated alliance on teamspeak/mumble/ingame voicechat can have those 20 or 40 people with completed objectives waiting at extraction.  That money then gets recycled back to them. 

An alliance gets support from hundreds of players who would have not done so, and for free.

Alliance members get no battle pay for running their own rail.

I have seen every solar rail battle pay go to 0 at end of mission. 

DE needs to lock the Pay for 1 hour after it is set.

EDIT:  My clan is not in any alliance.

Pay is already locked until the budget for it runs out, at which point it can be changed again.

The current dark sector system annoys the S#&$ out of me for one reason. I do not give a rats &#! which clan controls s a node since 90% of them promise tax free nodes so it doesn't matter. Also if you are just going to put 0% tax why the F*** do you even bother with making a solar rail in the first place. I want to play the dark sectors, I don't care about petty e-peen measuring contests.

Also the battle pay system used to be, well perfect, in  the sense that as long as you started the last invasion mission needed for a reward and you finished it successfuly, it didn't matter if you got it done 1 minute or 1 hour after the invasion gets completed. I don't know why DE made it like that, IMHO it was a wrong decision, it doesn't bring anything but frustration.

I honestly don't think this is an issue whatsoever. I'd prefer it kept this way.

To what extent does DE need to pander to people who prefer games they can play with their eyes closed?

There's always going to be other alerts and other rails conflicts. It's the clan's own prerogative to decide to exploit players that way and it works. It's not their fault that you fell for it.

I honestly don't think this is an issue whatsoever. I'd prefer it kept this way.

To what extent does DE need to pander to people who prefer games they can play with their eyes closed?

There's always going to be other alerts and other rails conflicts. It's the clan's own prerogative to decide to exploit players that way and it works. It's not their fault that you fell for it.

wut.