Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Passing Of A Giant.

Calayne

Nugget, who recently decided to quit Warframe, has had his largest topic on general discussion locked. The last post he made in that thread could have been his last.

I am an ardent supporter of Digital Extremes, and I still hold a great love for them and all their wonderful works. 

But I also agree with Nugget on many things, and though he's now a cynical veteran, he provided a good many useful feedback. He has also now made us one good Tenno poorer. We lament your leaving, friend, but I understand why now. A mountain of what he saw as broken promises is indeed a painful thing to see. Not many from now will know you, but hopefully, we'll carry on what you wanted in the first place: To call out faults and broken promises, if only because it keeps the developers true to their original intent; To make this Universe a better place for every Tenno.

Take care, and safe travels. 

A moment of silence for our brother.

And...

Dear DE,

I truly hope that you've read through what one of the most committed people I've seen in this community has dedicated himself to. There's much truth in his words, and I hope you really considered the players during each decision made. It's still not too late to change the direction we're headed, guys. It doesn't always have to involve the drop table.

There's still time to go with the vision; The wonderful dream that brought the first Tenno out of cryopod and into Grineer-occupied shipyards; Corpus-controlled merchant ships; Infested-crawling landscape. To wake up, stumbling, into a world of swords, guns and mystery, with only 100 shields and 100 health. To feel the first cut of steel against cloned flesh. To first behold the magnificent vistas of the Void. 

There's still time to go back to the dreams.

Here's to hoping for a brighter future. 

Peace out, Tenno brethren.

DE always had time to fix the problems, but yet they never did. DE probably read Nugget's post since they replied to it and locked it. It feels like DE is hiding something since they aren't fixing the problems.

Edited by ArchTenno

I didn't know Nugget... Do you mind telling me a bit more about him please ? :o

Oh, he's an old guy. His post count, like notionphil, Volt_Cruelerz and others, are filled with many good points. Some did mechanics analysis, as notion does, and good ideas spew forth like a fondue fountain; Some crunch numbers, like Volt does. His spreadsheets are legendary, and are detailed; A true number's man. 

And Nugget... He was the cynic of the lot, and his feedback is generally negative. But the fact that a man bothers to post more than 2000 posts is testament to the love he had for this game, and the hope embedded in his eroded heart. He gave a lot of observations regarding the developers, and played the Devil's advocate. 

He'll be sorely missed. 

He also had a lot of silly social experiments done, like testing how far most of the community would read into a paragraph before shooting out a comment. His results are: About three or four paragraphs, five at most. 

Well that's too bad. I liked that thread because it let me vent about this game in an unreasonable matter.

Props to him for being able to quit the ride that never ends, though.

Was he your WL? Composing an elegy in his name seems kind of odd, but who am I to judge..

Edited by Noble_Cactus

DE always had time to fix the problems, but yet they never did. DE probably read Nugget's post since they replied to it and locked it. It feels like DE is hiding something since they aren't fixing the problems.

That's still jumping the gun, I feel. They may have read it, but can't reply to it for good reason. 

At any rate, what he said has truth in it. He's a smart guy, though thoroughly embittered.

I just hope that DE really knows what they're doing. The content adding and adding onto the grind is indeed getting pretty frustrating. The Delta beacons and stances were certainly a testament to that.

Oh, he's an old guy. His post count, like notionphil, Volt_Cruelerz and others, are filled with many good points. Some did mechanics analysis, as notion does, and good ideas spew forth like a fondue fountain; Some crunch numbers, like Volt does. His spreadsheets are legendary, and are detailed; A true number's man. 

And Nugget... He was the cynic of the lot, and his feedback is generally negative. But the fact that a man bothers to post more than 2000 posts is testament to the love he had for this game, and the hope embedded in his eroded heart. He gave a lot of observations regarding the developers, and played the Devil's advocate. 

He'll be sorely missed. 

He also had a lot of silly social experiments done, like testing how far most of the community would read into a paragraph before shooting out a comment. His results are: About three or four paragraphs, five at most. 

Well, I copied all of his thread, even spoilers... I'm gonna read this later but... Just by looking quickly all I see is complaining, that's why I gotta read it entirely :)

I just hope that DE really knows what they're doing. The content adding and adding onto the grind is indeed getting pretty frustrating. The Delta beacons and stances were certainly a testament to that.

Part of the reason why the grind feels like it is increasing is because of the constant flow of content being added.

To counter this, DE has made successful attempts to lower the grind. The problem is, they are adding content at the same rate they are decreasing grind, so because of this it feels like it is either increasing or staying the same, which by a technicality it is.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Well that's too bad. I liked that thread because it let me vent about this game in an unreasonable matter.

Props to him for being able to quit the ride that never ends, though.

Was he your WL? Composing an elegy in his name seems kind of odd, but who am I to judge..

He wasn't my Warlord, to be fair. But I admired his tenacity, and what he brought to the table. His dedication is quite ferocious. When a good man goes down, even in times of war, his enemies breath sighs of relief, and offer their sympathies to a worthy adversary.

Not to say he was my enemy, though. But he's pretty well-respected (and well-hated, it sometimes seemed)

I see. I liked him too, though maybe it just seemed odd to me because he had already quit playing a long time ago. I see your point though.

I've made tons of long and boring posts on this issue, but to sum it up in a few sentences, my guess is rushed production schedules + poor internal planning = rushed game. In the simplest, most reduced sense. We have to remember that DE is not some monolithic force, and that there are multiple teams working on the project, so we can't just all point fingers at the face of DE (whatever that is). I'm thinking the marketing team or some of the higher-ups at DE keep demanding Scott and his team keep turning profits, and this conflicts with whatever plans the WF team has in mind. Rushjobs, barely-baked content, and buggy hotfixes ensue.

But then this is all pure conjecture based on what I've heard about other games. So who knows.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Part of the reason why the grind feels like it is increasing is because of the constant flow of content being added.

To counter this, DE has made successful attempts to lower the grind. The problem is, they are adding content at the same rate they are decreasing grind, so because of this it feels like it is either increasing or staying the same, which by a technicality it is.

Indeed! They did try, but I think Update 13 really made me moan a little: I was prepared to bring all my weapons out to try it thoroughly, with new combos, new features and so on, and was quite devastated to find that not only did I not have the chance to try the stances at all, I actually had to spend the 100 hours I'd promised to stay in melee mode for with Update 13 killing hordes upon hordes of enemies before I got it.

And that's to say nothing of Vay Hek's Delta beacons! The cheap turkey-b@stard!

Indeed! They did try, but I think Update 13 really made me moan a little: I was prepared to bring all my weapons out to try it thoroughly, with new combos, new features and so on, and was quite devastated to find that not only did I not have the chance to try the stances at all, I actually had to spend the 100 hours I'd promised to stay in melee mode for with Update 13 killing hordes upon hordes of enemies before I got it.

And that's to say nothing of Vay Hek's Delta beacons! The cheap turkey-b@stard!

I try not to take sides on topics concerning whether DE is "good" or "bad".

But one thing I will say is that DE is ambitious. This is both a good thing, and a bad thing. Their ambition drives the game far better than most other F2P games I have seen, and we're steamrolling like there's no tomorrow. At the same time, their ambition causes them to put too much on their plate. While this is happening, players like you and me are shoveling even more onto their plate before they can clean it off.

I've made tons of long and boring posts on this issue, but to sum it up in a few sentences, my guess is rushed production schedules + poor internal planning = rushed game. In the simplest, most reduced sense. We have to remember that DE is not some monolithic force, and that there are multiple teams working on the project, so we can't just all point fingers at the face of DE (whatever that is). I'm thinking the marketing team or some of the higher-ups at DE keep demanding Scott and his team keep turning profits, and this conflicts with whatever plans the WF team has in mind.

But then this is all pure conjecture based on what I've heard about other games. So who knows.

Mmm... It could be true, I'm certain. I respect DE to the utmost. Most dedicated Dev team I've ever known. If they don't explain it, perhaps it is because they simply aren't allowed to. I certainly hope it isn't the case.

What hurts more than seeing your dream fail to come true... Is to live to see it distorted when it has.

I try not to take sides on topics concerning whether DE is "good" or "bad".

But one thing I will say is that DE is ambitious. This is both a good thing, and a bad thing. Their ambition drives the game far better than most other F2P games I have seen, and we're steamrolling like there's no tomorrow. At the same time, their ambition causes them to put too much on their plate. While this is happening, players like you and me are shoveling even more onto their plate before they can clean it off.

Haha! How true is that? 

Personally, I think DE is "Good", which makes me what Nugget would call a White Knight. But I also agree with you that they really are quite ambitious indeed. They do listen though, I feel, cause they make a lot of changes that are based on community feedback. I just hope and wish and pray that they don't necessarily have to make everything hidden in a grind wall.

Of course, that may not be possible. I certainly won't know what they have to face, sandwiched between a preeeeeetty demanding community and their superiors. Must be tough!

On the other hand, we burn through the content like there's no tomorrow. Understandably, we're some force to be reckoned with when it comes to insatiability. 

I.. I think i'm going to cry. I scoured the whole of his post and.. I can't

He will be missed. Truly.

He's a good man.

I think that, of all the people in the community, he was one of those few who truly cared about the game, and saw the potential it has. The one who is hurt the most is usually the one who loves the most. Suffering what he thought was blow upon blow on the potential of Warframe, he grew... bitter, like he would say. Yet, his post count is well above 2000.

A tragedy.

I have come here to pay my respects to a lost friend and ally. Nugget was a true soldier for change in the system. Even if bitter it was quite necessary someone speak out about the issues he did. He cared a lot about the game, and not even for his own benefit but for the health of the game itself.
I'd write more but I'm a little short on time at the moment.

Thank you for creating this thread Calayne.