Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Shed Some Light On The Infested/tenno Relationship?

rockthatwoodx

I read somewhere that the Tenno are immune to the infested due to their warframes.

But I read somewhere else that the Tenno are already infested, just a type of hybrid?

I want to know the actual fact behind this so I can correct the concepts of my warframe idea.

If you would like to see my idea:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/219726-warframe-concept-plague-an-infested-style-tenno/

Tenno are infested, it's just that they managed to keep the Technocyte at bay, not allowing it to spread and mutate them (too much). Just as the first Tenno did - Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector. Technocyte gave him some cool abilities, but he kept sane mind and his body was not so badly mutated.

Tenno are infested, it's just that they managed to keep the Technocyte at bay, not allowing it to spread and mutate them (too much). Just as the first Tenno did - Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector. Technocyte gave him some cool abilities, but he kept sane mind and his body was not so badly mutated.

Perfect. Then my idea for an infested warframe works. The Tenno allows the Technocyte to take over a bit more to give him better powers but also mutates him.

Thanks!

Tenno are Tenno and not infested because the first Tenno -Hayden Tenno- was immune to physical pain.

We can't say anything about the Tenno of our time.

I do believe they are partially infested. And immune to pain.

Tenno are Tenno and not infested because the first Tenno -Hayden Tenno- was immune to physical pain.

We can't say anything about the Tenno of our time.

I do believe they are partially infested. And immune to pain.

Which would explain why our warframes don't flinch when being hit (apart from the physical force from projectiles)

Edited by Transmorphic_Wyvern

Basically, there's 2 possibilities when you're infested. 1: The pain is so intense that you convulse and rip apart your body as nearby inorganics fuse into it. That's how you end up as a twisted, deformed zombie like a runner or a charger. 2: You feel no pain, so you just start having weird abilities as the infestation transforms you. The warframe itself helps you focus/channel these powers, but being infested, it likewise fuses into you.

The Tenno aren't infested, unless the infestation started in the void. Tenno came from the void. Orokin went in, was changed, and came back out as the Tenno. Tenno had powers, warframes help them focus the powers.

So, while it is possible that we are related to the infested, it's only in the case that the infested came from the Void.

The Tenno aren't infested, unless the infestation started in the void. Tenno came from the void. Orokin went in, was changed, and came back out as the Tenno. Tenno had powers, warframes help them focus the powers.

So, while it is possible that we are related to the infested, it's only in the case that the infested came from the Void.

Wiki says the tenno were in the void pre-orokin era and are decedents of Hayden Tenno.

Edited by Evariskitsune

Wiki says the tenno were in the void pre-orokin era and are decedents of Hayden Tenno.

Where's the source for that? The only things with actual sources are that we are Void-mutated Orokin. We were sent into the void, we came out altered and with powers, and that they put the warframes around us.

I believe that Tenno where originally Orokin, but where mutated and sent to the void to be turned into weapons of mass destruction. Then insertabunchoftheoriesandspeculationhere, and that's where we are today.

Edited by Feallike

Where's the source for that? The only things with actual sources are that we are Void-mutated Orokin. We were sent into the void, we came out altered and with powers, and that they put the warframes around us.

Nope. It's noted on the proto armor that it predates the orokin. Dark Sector(the game) was the prequel to the current game. In DS, Hayden Tenno(who has been repeatedly confirmed as the first Tenno), was an infestation victim who survived because of congenital analgesia.

So it's exactly as I said: You either have that birth "defect", and the pain doesn't get to you as it courses through your body, or you don't, and you rip yourself apart like the infested(notice that all of their limbs and spines are broken, and various parts of their flesh that we can see are swollen).

There's an awful lot of speculation being presented here as fact.

Let's present the facts, and then speculate on what they might mean.

The Technocyte virus is a nanotech plague. Its first known appearance was on an American submarine that crashed near Lasria in 1987. The origins of the virus are unknown. Is it a CIA project? Did they simply discover it from somewhere else? Does it have any relation to the Void?

Hayden Tenno was infected with the virus by Nadia Sudek, AKA Nemesis. There are a few theories as to why he only suffered mostly cosmetic changes from the virus rather than being turned into an utterly inhuman monster, mostly revolving around his congenital inability to feel pain, interactions with the Enferon booster he was provided, or the fact that he was intentionally infected by Nemesis, who had a more evolved strain of the disease and seemed to have some level of control over it.

At some point in the future, Hayden is thrust into the Void and becomes the first Tenno. We know that most people who are exposed to the Void simply die. Perhaps Hayden's Technocyte-altered physiology gave him what he needed to survive? If so, then the Orokin may have started infecting prospective Tenno with the virus before sending them into the Void to raise their chances of survival.

In addition, the virus itself may have some connection to the Void. Nadia Sudek demonstrated a few Tenno-like abilities, such as telekinesis, shield generation, and electricity attacks, yet was never exposed to the Void. If the Technocyte virus originally came from the Void, then that would help explain her abilities, as well as lend additional credence to the idea that being infected with it might provide some protection against Void exposure.

Various infested entities are known to be able to live thousands of years, such as Infested Ancients or Lephantis. If Hayden's infection granted him immortality, then it would explain how he was still around during the Orokin era. The real interesting thing is that Stalker is apparently immortal as well, having stayed awake and alive for all the centuries following the fall of the Orokin Empire. If Tenno are infected with the Technocyte virus as speculated above, then that would certainly explain his longevity.

Lephantis was created by the Orokin, implying that they meddled with the Technocyte virus in some manner during their fight with the Sentients. One of his taunts is 'Why do you destroy us? We are your flesh.' If Tenno are indeed related to the Infested, then this makes perfect sense. Otherwise it seems confusing and out of place.

The Tenno's nonchalance with plucking sensor organs out of Infested and putting them directly into their helmets is borderline suicidal unless they were already infested, as is their willingness to handle and collect raw nanospores. Most damning however is the fact that infested biotissue still laced with nanites are a vital component of Warframe systems. For a normal person, this is close to insanity and is just begging to be infected at some point. If you already happen to be infected however, there's not much danger in handling nanospores, putting infested sensor organs right next to your face, or using infested biotissue as a vital component of your suit.

The only thing that would seem to point away from Tenno being infested is the description of the Ether Sword, which says that it was used to humanely cleanse infested allies. This doesn't invalidate the idea that Tenno are modified with the virus however, since 'infested allies' could easily refer to non-Tenno combatants. We do routinely join forces with the Corpus and Grineer against the Infestation after all, and they have a distinct lack of immunity against the virus. In contrast, we've never seen any hint of infected Tenno among the Infestation.

TLDR: Given what we know, Tenno are probably carriers of a stable form of the infestation.

Nope. It's noted on the proto armor that it predates the orokin. Dark Sector(the game) was the prequel to the current game. In DS, Hayden Tenno(who has been repeatedly confirmed as the first Tenno), was an infestation victim who survived because of congenital analgesia.

So it's exactly as I said: You either have that birth "defect", and the pain doesn't get to you as it courses through your body, or you don't, and you rip yourself apart like the infested(notice that all of their limbs and spines are broken, and various parts of their flesh that we can see are swollen).

Hayden Tenno was indeed the first Tenno, but he's not really the first Orokin Tenno. And as it states in Excalibur and Excalibur Prime's codex entry: "In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place... Excalibur was the first."

That really just leads us to speculate that Hayden Tenno was certainly an inspiration in the first Orokin armor design, as well as the name for these "Warrior-Gods," but definitely not that he was the first Orokin Tenno. Though, I'm not ruling out the Infested relation.

Overall, I suppose it would depend on what the player wishes to believe.

Edited by GaleRoar