Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lecta: 55% Status Effect Vs. All Factions

Sh1n3y

Question

One of my friends kept raving about the great things that happen with the Lecta and finally I got it. People seem to like the Scoliac better because it's damage is a bit better, but the Lecta has such a great status chance. Highly recommended and fun. Just use those combo AoE moves around infested and it's epic. :)

Here's my build vs. Infested. http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Lecta/t_30_000000004_233-7-4-234-3-3-238-5-3-240-1-3-244-2-4-245-6-5-247-0-5-266-4-3-313-8-3_247-9-240-7-244-8-234-9-266-7-238-7-245-11-233-8-313-10/en/4-0-44/3561/

If you click on the name in the top right corner, you can see the small changes made for each faction. Don't forget to click the checkbox for 'Damage to Infested' to see the true damage. Also, there are some points available, so max some of those mods if you want.

Edited by Sh1n3y

9 answers to this question

I would ditch Focus Energy for the Corpus and Grineer builds to keep optimal elements but add in Smite.

I would also consider Gas+Electric against Corpus for better proc effects but less damage/hit, as thats really what the weapons built for.

Any reason Fury and Smite aren't capped?

Are they the same attack speed now? I recall Melee 1.0 Lecta being painfully slow in my taste, and that Scoliac's speed was one of the main point I liked about it.

Naw, Scoliac is still much faster and more DPS. Lecta's fast enough tho and the proc build can be kinda fun.

Are they the same attack speed now? I recall Melee 1.0 Lecta being painfully slow in my taste, and that Scoliac's speed was one of the main point I liked about it.

Don't know if the attack speed changed since damage 1.0, but base attack speed is 1.0 now. But if you max Fury in my build, it goes up to 1.1 which is the same as the Dual Ichors which I don't find too slow. 

I would ditch Focus Energy for the Corpus and Grineer builds to keep optimal elements but add in Smite.

I would also consider Gas+Electric against Corpus for better proc effects but less damage/hit, as thats really what the weapons built for.

Any reason Fury and Smite aren't capped?

Naw, Scoliac is still much faster and more DPS. Lecta's fast enough tho and the proc build can be kinda fun.

Regarding ditching Focus Energy, I like it because I'll Channel every now and then. But probably better overall DPS with adding in Smite for each respectively.

Good point about Gas and Electric. Might try that for Corpus. That stun from electric is hard to pass up. Also Blast may be a good option too replacing heat for infested. Have to try it out. 

And Fury and Smite can both be maxed. Mine just aren't because I made the build with my own mods in mind, since that's the rank my mods are at. 

Edited by Sh1n3y

To me, the Lecta is worthless reguardless of what you really do with it. I mean, the weapon does a lousy 45-E dmg only. The Wiki is wrong about the weapon, cause in the codex, the Lecta has only Electric Damage to it's name. The Scoliac is significantly better with the ability to increase Slash, Impact, Puncture, and Toxin. In total, the weapon does 79 in combined damage. Corpus can make a gun, but a melee weapon just aint their thing. I recommend getting a Scoliac, much better whip, for the moment.

To me, the Lecta is worthless reguardless of what you really do with it. I mean, the weapon does a lousy 45-E dmg only. The Wiki is wrong about the weapon, cause in the codex, the Lecta has only Electric Damage to it's name. The Scoliac is significantly better with the ability to increase Slash, Impact, Puncture, and Toxin. In total, the weapon does 79 in combined damage. Corpus can make a gun, but a melee weapon just aint their thing. I recommend getting a Scoliac, much better whip, for the moment.

Ok. You're totally entitled to your opinion. Just want to say that I took a lvl 5 lecta to the Orokin Derilect and did quite well. And this was with only 25% status. Don't sell status weapons short.

The Scoliac is significantly better with the ability to increase Slash, Impact, Puncture, and Toxin. In total, the weapon does 79 in combined damage.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Scoliac does a combined total of 55 damage, primarily slashing.  Slashing is effective against unarmored targets and causes a devastating proc, but against highly armored targets pure slashing quickly loses a lot of its oomph (outside of its proc).  One of the biggest strengths of the Lecta is that it deals electric damage which you can then adjust to create a pure radiation or pure corrosive weapon.  Sure, on paper it does significantly less DPS due to the lower attack speed and 10 less base damage, but in practice the difference is not nearly as big.

Basically, both weapons have their advantages.  Scoliac has higher DPS in many cases, but the Lecta has an outrageous proc chance and can be made to do purely elemental damage.

Edited by Wriith

Unfortunately the innate elemental, which is an advantage, is not enough to make up for dealing 22% less damage per hit, as well as a slower attack rate.

The Scoliac will do ~16% more DPS, even if we completely negate the IPS damage, due to ~60% more base DPS which added elementals are based off of.

Lecta only pulls ahead for an insane proc rate.

Ok. You're totally entitled to your opinion. Just want to say that I took a lvl 5 lecta to the Orokin Derilect and did quite well. And this was with only 25% status. Don't sell status weapons short.

that's cool

did u leave at wave 5?