Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Impact With Amphis

Arianrhod_Talon

Hmm. I didn't even know slam attacks could activate heavy impact. I don't use the Amphis, but I don't know how much extra utility it would bring you. I have it on zephyr so I can divebomb and knock everyone down, but usually slam attacks do that already.

You need to be airborne for a while for the heavy impact to trigger on landing, so if you're good at parkour and staying airborne before descending upon your opponents heavy impact is very good, however I suggest you use the Amphis slam attack at the very last second before hitting the ground beacause as of now Heavy impact's knockdown radius and damage depends on how long you've been airborne, not how fast you're hitting the ground.

You need to be airborne for a while for the heavy impact to trigger on landing, so if you're good at parkour and staying airborne before descending upon your opponents heavy impact is very good, however I suggest you use the Amphis slam attack at the very last second before hitting the ground beacause as of now Heavy impact's knockdown radius and damage depends on how long you've been airborne, not how fast you're hitting the ground.

The wiki indicates that the speed is what matters now, not the flight time. Zephyr backs this up as I can activate it reliably after jumping about a foot off the ground and using Dive Bomb.

Really? I vaguely remember a patch where Heavy Impact's trigger was changed so that sliding down a wall (which counted as being airborne) for a long time did not activate it. I think speed is the factor now.

Really? I vaguely remember a patch where Heavy Impact's trigger was changed so that sliding down a wall (which counted as being airborne) for a long time did not activate it. I think speed is the factor now.

Ah, good to know, good to know.

before that it was ridiculous, there's a vid on youtube where a guy teleports with nova to a high point on a wall, then slowly slides down

it's on the big outside corpus-defense map with the bridges, it instantly wiped the whole map

Edit: found it

Edited by OnnaJReverT

before that it was ridiculous, there's a vid on youtube where a guy teleports with nova to a high point on a wall, then slowly slides down

it's on the big outside corpus-defense map with the bridges, it instantly wiped the whole map

Edit: found it

Hahahaha. That's pretty awesome. Good reason why it was changed. 

So I personally wen to try it out. Unfortunately normal jumps will not activate it. It takes about 2 floors to activate it. Though if I do jump at that height and do a slam, I will have AOE electric + Heavy impact. So unless I am zephyr or excalibur using super jump, this mod is just not worth it. Though I admit its pretty fun though.