Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kay, Srsly. Are All These Dudes Left-Handed?

Exo594

Nami Skyla. Pretty cool, amirite?

The cutlass is held in the left hand, with the dagger in the right. I've done some HEMA stuff, and most people have the bigger weapon in their dominant hand when using two blades. Are Tenno all left-handed, or was there some other odd design decision going on behind the scenes?

Such a strange thing to be concerned with..  It was almost certainly just a product of model design and animation work. Knowing how often DE makes adjustments to model positioning and such to avoid clipping or other visually jarring things it was probably set up this way to avoid similar issues.

Edited by Kishward

Forced by placement of weapons on back - right side is taken by primary gun, left by melee weapon. It's of no importance in case of single blades - they can be reached with left hand and then passed to right however in case of dual blades bigger one is placed on left side of back (reachable with left hand) while smaller horizontally on lower back (reachable with right hand).

Would you really use a thrusting weapon in your off hand? If you would you would be gimping yourself. It's inherently easier to do a slashing motion then get power out of a thrusting attack with your off hand. It's how the pirates would have done it. Just speaking form years of fencing experience where I was proficient in both saber and epee. We often had off hand matches at the end of practices just for the fun of it.

Funny thing is, Warframe isn't particularly left-handed friendly.  The game doesn't recognize that I have have the mouse buttons swapped in Windows, and insists that I use the left mouse button to select items in the UI.  My new left-handed Razer Naga makes it a moot point, but it was a real annoyance when I was using my old Logitech G3.

wait wait.. there is dominant feet now? 

Aye, and mostly it come with your dominant hand.

For example, if you are lefthanded, and you get lost in a desert, you will start going in circles clockwise, because your left foot is better developed so you make slightly bigger steps with it. (Hope that makes sense at all, not a native speaker)

If you are righthanded, you will go the circles counter-clockwise, because you make bigger steps with your right foot.

Edited by Cineris

Such a strange thing to be concerned with..  It was almost certainly just a product of model design and animation work. Knowing how often DE makes adjustments to model positioning and such to avoid clipping or other visually jarring things it was probably set up this way to avoid similar issues.

It just seems odd to me, seeing as most humans are righties.

Considering how naturally warframes can duel wield I'd say their all ambidextrous

Sounds about right. Of course, training can generate some "abidextrousness" with that skill.

They use heavies in their right. They're likely Ambidextrous, which would be the best possible option.

Also what's wrong with being left handed :( *Is Left Handed and Left Footed*

Nutn. I may have unintentionally implied such a thing, but I sure don't mean that lefties are "bad" or whatever you were thinking.

Forced by placement of weapons on back - right side is taken by primary gun, left by melee weapon. It's of no importance in case of single blades - they can be reached with left hand and then passed to right however in case of dual blades bigger one is placed on left side of back (reachable with left hand) while smaller horizontally on lower back (reachable with right hand).

Ridiculous. There is no tactical reason to carry a sword on the back. Lower back, sure. I've carried knives that way, but all swords should be hip mounted, period.

Would you really use a thrusting weapon in your off hand? If you would you would be gimping yourself. It's inherently easier to do a slashing motion then get power out of a thrusting attack with your off hand. It's how the pirates would have done it. Just speaking form years of fencing experience where I was proficient in both saber and epee. We often had off hand matches at the end of practices just for the fun of it.

Totes would, dude. Seen it done marvelously well in my rapier HEMA group. Of course, rapier's a thruster, but daggers are entirely thrust based. Have you ever tried historical "case" (aka dual wield) or dagger offhand to support?

judging by OP's spelling, hes neither left nor right handed lol

Aside from purposeful misspellings in order to provide some character to my "voice", I have top-grade spelling capabilities, which have nothing to do with my handedness. Also, pot calling the kettle black with that grammar, much?

It'd be cool if we had the option to mirror the characters' models to change "handedness"

Edited by Guest