Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #27

[DE]Rebecca

Has there been any more thought on mission and enemy level scaling for solo players? Some missions are basically impossible for solo players. Especially defense on maps where the defense object can be hit from all sides

Edited by 7.T.

Question:

Are the Warframes we used individual characters - as in each Warframe has a single Tenno user to them - or do we have one Tenno character that can use multiple Warframes and switches between them at will - and, if the latter, how are they able to do this (given the physiology differences the frames seem to posses).

After the "and" can be ignored if need be.

If the Lotus was an AI, which I hope she isn't. Why does Vay Hek refer to her as if she was a real being instead of a machine when he states, "And when the last of you is gone. I will personally throw your beloved Lotus into the sun."?

Vay Hek clearly states that he will cast her into the sun after getting rid of us. If the Lotus was one super machine then Vay Hek is going to need a lot of help casting her into it. Before you say something like, “he’ll use a formorian ship to do it or something like that.” I’m going to reply, “But he said he will do it personally.” I believe he speaks about the Lotus as some individual and not some thing. He has a driven passion to (key word) “burn” her.

If she were a machine he’d just unplug her and what not or rip her to pieces but no. He clearly said throw her into the sun. Why? Again to watch her burn why else. 

So what is the Lotus? An AI or a living breathing being? Please clear this up for all of us.

Also any possible chance for Corpus statues in the Dojo?

Edited by (PS4)truelight4u

If I recall correctly, we were told the Grineer ruling "Sisters" would be introduced with Vay Hek, what happened?

Ideally, is there someone within the team that exclusively thinks about the Lore? Idea's, strengths, plot? 

P.S (Please don't answer the "Is Lotus real, who is lotus" questions and leave it to a the lore missions / cutscenes) 

Edited by Leorion

1) We need lore! Is there any idea when lore will be fleshed out and made fluent rather then just hints and speculation?

2) Will melee 2.0 actually be viable without needing a secondary weapon? Flying enemies are the bane of melee...STILL!

3) Any thoughts on the new female warframe? 8D

Will the heavy weapons category, the Gram, Galatine and Scindo, be reviewed for balance? As they are, they're terribly slow, don't hit that hard, don't have especially long reach, and for many attacks have very small hitboxes. The only way I've been able to find them usable is a very specialized build with Cleaving Whirlwind and MAX speed, and I mean MAX. Fury, Berserker, and Quickening, along with True Steel are all required, taking up most of the mod energy and half the mod slots. A weapon shouldn't require such a specialized build just to be usable, and even with this build, it's very clearly outclassed by other, faster weapons, even if they don't hit as hard.

On behalf of all avid Codex and Codex Scanner users, I have the following to ask:

--Will the weapon class tabs/subsections (primary, secondary, melee, etc.) be returning for Weapons Section of the Codex?  It's cumbersome to have to navigate through all the weapons entries on the same page.  This issue is still present on PS4, I don't know if it was fixed or added with U13.

--U13 added a number of new enemies to scan such as the Grineer Guardsmen, Eximus/Leader, and the Tenno Specter.  However, the Enemies Codex section still has these unknown entries.  Based on the Faction tabs and placement in alphabetical order, 3 of them are Corpus and their names start with C while 1 is Grineer and starts with R (I think).  Care to shed light on this mystery?

--Any plans to add existing, unlisted enemies to the Codex, such as the Capture Targets? 

--According to the wiki, earlier livestreams mentioned ideas for Spy missions to add random data into the Codex upon mission completion as well as other ideas/plans for the Codex (source: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Codex under "Missions").  Are such plans still under consideration or have they been scrapped?

Sorry, count me out on that one .. U13 should not take place on PS4 until underlying issues are addressed.

What I want to know is when some proper fixes are going in for PS4. And instead of following suite with the PC version, how about some custom changes for the PS4 like updating the Chat so it actually makes it user friendly.

PS4 is being ignored, through the game updates, on the forums and even in the dev streams.

U13 will be the main focus of this dev stream with the PS4 issues left behind and not discussed.

Will you ever acknowledge ps4 community? In any capacity?

As a player who moved from a mastery 11 account on PS4 to a brand new account on PC.... I won't ever look back.  I wish DE spent more time/money/effort on PS4.  If the PS4 version had decent framerates and didn't crash consistently, I wouldn't have bothered to go through the insane effort of starting from scratch on a new platform.

My big question for Livestream 27 is regarding RNG.  As I see it, RNG problems are threefold:

1) Ability mods MUST be removed from all drop tables.  Enough of that crap, already.

2) RNG needs to take game progress into account when calculating drops.  Wave 40 rewards should be more likely to drop better parts than wave 5.  

3) Ideally, the system should also take player inventories into account so that we're not getting frost prime helmets from 60 minute T3S rewards when we already have 32 in inventory.  That MUST end or the playerbase will grow disheartened and disillusioned with a game that's supposed to increase in fun, not increase in annoyance.

What does DE plan to do about the playerbase's growing anger over RNG and diluted drop tables?

Edited by astronautzack

Really? Why do you have to knock on the Lotus is real questions? It's as valid as anyone else's.

I think it's obvious. I don't want to clog this thread and we should stay on topic but I will just respond to this. Questions explaining player feedback, future features, game mechanics etc can only be answered by the developers, however, questions about lore and stuff can be answered by a dynamic event, a lore scene, or an animation like with Alad V, which you should admit, would be much cooler and revealing than getting an answer from the developers. 

Eg :

Dev : Yeh, she is real.

You : oh cool

OR

Scene : I fear of the Lotus, she is [blahblahblah] +exposition, +info +Epic animation.

Which is better? You could ask them "When will we get more Lore?" or "When will the next dynamic event video come?" ^^

Can we please have an alternate button layout for melee once we have rgw melee weapon as main weapon ?

The thing I have in mind is pretty simple and also pretty obvious:

Once you have the melee weapon as main weapon the following layout would be perfect:

Mouse Button 1: Melee

Mouse Button 2: Block (as it is right now)

Former Quick Melee: Channeling

This would be the most common layout I think because using MB1 for channeling is waste of a main mouse button. You do not chnanel as often as you do hit melee, so making MB1 the main melee button does make much more sense.

The biggest problem so far is that we cannot do a layout this way because we are not allowed to bind MB1 and MB2 to different actions so we are forced to use these buttons for either aiming and firing or melee and blocking.

So I really do hopw that this issue is going to be addressed by DE since right now melee does feel a bit imperfect due to the button limitations.

Hello devs. Thanks for your continued efforts to make the UI more UF (user friendly). I think it would be very helpful as you address changes to the solar rails and alliances to improve alliance chat and alliance UI. i.e. a list of warlords' names and what clan they're in, an alliance message of the day to tell the alliance members the current goals, etc. Thank you.

IS 3d arsenal and 3d foundry in dojo in the works???

Is warframe going open world??

With ui builder for dojo being upgraded will there ever be a level builder??

The statue in trophy room; will it match the active frame like load screen i think statue version is not really an award?

Can the trophy room be coppied and used for arsenal?

Will there be hangar addition to dojo?

Mastery points for alt build of  the same warframe? Can we rename warframe slot to match helmet or alt name???

What else is being added to dojo trading?

How will replacing an old garden with a new garden work?

Can players help build enviorment to an open world game?

why is there only one obstacle course option it should be a virtual room with many options? ill buy the dlc content?

Questions

1: When will our beloved Kubrow escape their pod?

2: When should we expect to see the first glimpses of our own personal space ships?

3: What can we expect in the aspects of customization on the said space ships?

4: When should we see space stations

5: What new sub-factions are to be expected? Examples of subfactions : Frontier Grineer, Desert Grineer

6: Will there be a new Tenno faction with Tenno-ized moa and drones?

7: Will the solar rails get a rework visually? The Tenno, afterall, are not the Orokin and it's jarring see such lavish solar rails and such sterile dojos.

8: When will the next event come?

9: Any knowledge when the Infested will more permanently go on the starchart? The dark sectors are almost always contested, that is not permanent.

10: What will happen with Earth and Eris? They are currently boss-less, and feel rather empty because of it.

11:What development in the factions should we expect?

11.5: What new wildlife is coming?

12: What happened to the expanses of the older tilesets? I remember massive rooms in the asteroid that have just vanished.

13: When should we expect to see NPCs? I miss Darvo!

14: Any new Dex weapons coming, or is it just a one-off?

15: What new customizations should we expect in Warframes (if there are any)?

15.5: Any chance that we can get more badge spaces on the Warframe? I've collected quite a few event badges, and I feel bad not to use them.

16: Will we ever get Tenno casual-wear? The prisoners, who are admittedly Tenno, don't wear Warframes. Will we ever get our own suits?

17: Will there be any way to give a more hands-on defense of our solar rails? I would love to swoop in and kick people out of my solar rail.

18: Any new Dojo stuff that we should expect?

19: Any new mission types we should expect?

20: Any plans to fix up  some bosses? The raptor doesn't have a 3-d animated transmission, Sgt.Nef Anyo doesn't have an introduction, and Tyl Regor is honestly rather laughable.

There you go, DE, can't wait to see you guys Friday!

A few of the things that keep me most invested in a game or story, besides the gameplay, are the lore and the characters. While I know you've said lore is coming, and we have factions coming ‘eventually’, I haven't heard anything about more characters. I’m not going to particularly care about the Red Veil Assassins if they’re just a faceless loot machine. At this moment, we have one person with a face and voice on our side; Lotus. Darvo is a bit more questionable and much less frequent, but he's always well-received. We have bosses, we have the Grustrag, we have the Stalker, but we don’t have friends.

Give us some. Introduce us to other Tenno; have them give us alerts, or walk us through missions like Darvo did, instead of the Lotus once in a while. Hell, have them randomly join us to help on a mission! Give them a name, a slightly modified helmet or 'frame (or not even that much, yet, if you're lacking resources), and invest us in the faction. Maybe make that lone tenno operative complain about how he's only finding credits on survival missions. Do you know how much more I would've cared about that Alad V cinematic if, before it was released, we'd run a few missions with that Excalibur that got sliced up? A lot more, that's for sure. It would've made the Gradivus choice much harder and more meaningful for some, if we knew some of the NPCs that would die if we sided with the Corpus. With the new hubs as well, it’s a perfect opportunity.

So, to sum up in a livestream question: Do you have any plans to introduce new friendly characters for players to interact with, either by assisting us in-mission, the coming hub systems, or by some other medium?

Will there be a New Event?

Are proxy wars or subfactions planned?

What about Spacehubs?

Do we get to know more lore?

Will there ever be pure, ugly and cool *--*infested tilesets?(Like shown in live streams before)

Edited by Scarab14

Really great job on Melee 2.0! You guys worked hard on getting kinks out before release and it really shows. Sure it's not perfect, but it's a really nice improvement. Been a lot of fun.

I know it's hard as a F2P game, but can you guys focus on improving the current system (fixes, changes, tweaks) for a while, rather than new content? This is probably mostly in regard to the solar rail system in effect, but other area's need tweaking as well (warframes, weapons, the dojo).