Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Dark Sectors Today & Moving Forward

-Rail strategies in the from of types (nuke rail, as destabilizing force), as well as strength/weakness rail types to create some strategy in the planning and deployment phase.

Just, you know, drawing attention to this. :P

Edited by Nealybealy

I still stand that the update should have focused on melee, leaving dark sectors for another time when it's polished for proper feedback.

Even if there will be a lore update, the general situation of the lore isn't developed enough to be ready with a tenno vs tenno lore that we will care about more than the battle pays. Also making it almost seem like it will be a pvp and a big deal in both gameplay and lore seems like a bad direction for this game right now.

U13 should have stayed The Sword Alone.

Edited by Casardis
  • Upvote 2

No direct PvP, please, we had this a million times already, DE. The rest looks very appealing

• Upvote 3

-New game mode, potentially with vs. to make it more interesting and challenging to play contested sectors.

Oh look the interest in Solar Rails....aaaand its gone.

You guys went pretty far in saying "Badlands / Solar Rails won't be about PVP". You should keep your word on that, it's a PVE game remember?

• Upvote 7

Oh look the interest in Solar Rails....aaaand its gone.

You guys went pretty far in saying "Badlands / Solar Rails won't be about PVP". You should keep your word on that, it's a PVE game remember?

LOL, waiting for someone to start posting links to early Devstreams of Steve saying "Warframe is a PVE Space Ninja game".

We shall see if DE goes back on yet another one of their early statements regarding Warframe.

• Upvote 5

ABOUT THE VS mode

If it's bondage bobs bsb bondage bobs , modless it could be fun. reminds me of unreal tournament XD

Longer term, it goes wider:

-Use the Dojo building (with UI improvements) to make the gameplay spaces players attack (ala Dungeon Keeper) to increase variety and fun.

This is what I can't wait to see.

Also, the 13.1 update because my clan emblem just got approved, but that's a personal thing.

Again, the only way I see PvP working in this is if DE releases PvP versions of powers, mods, weapons like most MMO's do.

Just my two cents...

-Armistice timers: GOOD (We can play with infested even more1 Yay!)

-Only 12 hours in Dark Sectors conflict: BAD (A LOT of people are not in the correct Region/hour spawn, Dark Sector conflict will be meaningless since someone can just punch your rail when you are asleep. PLEASE, reconsider this).

24 hours is best.

• Upvote 1

No PvP please. At least the conclaves can be ignored completely because they have no purpose outside of PvP.

"Longer term, it goes wider:

-Use the Dojo building (with UI improvements) to make the gameplay spaces players attack (ala Dungeon Keeper) to increase variety and fun."

As in after defeating the rail...we then invade player Dojo spaces for fighting in? That would be awesome!

Thank you Rebecca for the much welcome heads up on the coming patch, given the large amount of feedback the community has about Dark Sectors.

Here are my initial reactions, with the original statements quoted & underlined:

"Added in Armistices to Dark Sector conflicts. ...a guaranteed 24 hours of peace...potential maximum of 3 days worth of Peace"

YES, this is what SO many people have asked for!

"Dark Sector conflict will have a max duration of 12 hours"

Given current rail health rates and the global nature of Warframe, I think this duration is too short, but I'm gonna trust that DE is making some other change to balance this. So far, the fastest any rail has been destroyed, even after rail health nerfing in a hotfix, appears to be 16 hours if you look at the battle history of Sinai @ Jupiter.

"Added a drop table for Tenno Specters"

This will quiet the "WTF @ no special Dark Sector drops?!" concerns.  As long as the drops aren't just already abundant Oberon parts, then I'll be happy.

"New game mode, potentially with vs. to make it more interesting and challenging to play contested sectors."

As someone who is happy with PvE(vP), I'm not sure I'd be happy with PvP implemented outside of Enclaves, but we'll see.

"Some grief reduction in battle pay baiting."

The perception of baiting is from the design flaw (IMO) that when a player launches in a mission, the battle pay payout is not held for them until they complete or leave the mission. Right now, payout happens first come first serve for mission completion instead of mission start time.

[A ship-ton of tactical enhancements to Dark Sectors/Rails]

This is a lot more than I expected - I'm very excited to see all this!

"Use the Dojo building (with UI improvements) to make the gameplay spaces players attack (ala Dungeon Keeper) to increase variety and fun."

At this rate, I'm totally going to abandon the Mighty Quest for Epic Loot beta for Warframe - I didn't see this coming!

"These Dark Sectors will become the Frontier when the new faction invades (dramatic music)."
I'd love to hear new dramatic music for said sectors, and I have some advice: To mitigate groans of Star Trek fans, please refrain from making anywhere "The Final Frontier" ;)
  • Upvote 1

OMG - A DUNGEON KEEPER  reference?? How cool is that?? I owned and love that classic!!

• Upvote 1

please don't be pvp

Inclusion of any sort of PVP beyond "novelty value" in dueling / Conclave will bring along a whole new can of balance concerns, that will inevitably bleed into other aspects of the game. I didn't join up to Warframe to do PVP. Please don't make this a new focus. There are gazillions of PVP shooters out there already.

Edited by AndanteInBlue
  • Upvote 4

I am very, very confused about introducing this VS mode into the solar rails. Didn't DE say they were going to keep the Dark Sectors (formerly known as badlands) pve only? and why would Tenno fight each other? aren't there more important enemies to fight? just about 3 thoughts from me.

• Upvote 3

And what about the unique new enemies and "better loot"? What about the new tileset that I most assuredly remember being mentioned? All this stuff sounds nice- but why was it not there day 1? If you were to sit back and look at what the original Dark Sectors offered, how could you justify their release? If you had flat out told us you were just testing the system and more would follow shortly after, because it was just a test, this would have been fine. This showcases again, the complete lack of communication on your part and it has been a perpetual issue since the game went into open beta. The workshop and patch notes could have specifically stated that the launch of the Dark Sectors was not feature complete and why.

You renamed the update from "The Sword Alone" to "The Dark Sectors". That carries a massive change in perspective on the part of the player- that the major change/addition would be the Dark Sectors. What we actually received was were anemic and conceptually vapid/lacking, obviously so. This is where I simply ask for the courtesy of communication. By giving players goals to test the system and informing us the DS are not feature complete, that reflects the nomenclature of "beta". But the system of the Dark Sectors was being advertised as a complete and robust system- which is far from the truth.

I am not asking for the world, I am asking for you to inform the players. Hyping people up, getting them excited, then subsequently letting them down is getting to be a pattern. If you were honest and forthright about how things are going to work, if you stopped advertising them like TF2 updates or additional features being added to a complete game, then we could be of more use to you. Communication. I feel like a broken record saying this, you keep failing at it- and I don't want you to fail. Stop being so dishonest, whether it is intentional or not.

Telling us about the game plan will ONLY instill confidence in players, as it lets us know what is going on and affords perspective. It generates good will and is easy to do.

Edited by theGreatZamboni
  • Upvote 6

The downtime should actually be some sort of game mechanic where players can influence how long it lasts.

Cause i think most of the folks complaining about DS not being available are players that are never going to touch this system and just want to pop in for the rewards. With a set time they are not going to care about who wins or losses so there is little reason to help any side.

The downtime should be based on the health of the rail plus the amount of people that helped the winning side. Something like that.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

On a separate note, I dislike the actual PVP aspect as there is no reason as of yet to be competitive. The rewards are as anemic as the entire concept itself. To me, the Dark Sectors are basically space billboards for clan advertising- only people do not care who owns the DS. They only care about getting their bonus XP- since that is the ONLY reward of the DS.

Edited by theGreatZamboni

-Some Lore and "ritualization" of all of these conflicts to address some of the 'Why are Tenno fighting Tenno'... expanding on Tenno as Warrior culture and making it easier for people to accept the cultural ramifications of this game mode.

Yes, please!

But seconding the requests to ignore the temptation of going down the "Lets try making our PvE system PvP" for clan stuff, that ends in misery for EVERY MMO that tries that route, with few exceptions.

Edited by KoshLovesYou
  • Upvote 2