Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Emblem Help

Arxiun

Question

So my friend and I are in a small clan. He and I are pretty much the only regular players in our Ghost clan called RUIN. Anyway, after a ton of searching, I have come up with nothing for any kind of database or creator for clan emblems. Unfortunately, I have no plat and as such, no way of rewarding/hiring someone to make it for us. I have very little experience in any form of Graphic Design, and my friend couldn't draw a strait line with a ruler. So do any of you guys know of a way to make one easily? Any response helps. 

18 answers to this question

without any intention of being an a$$hole... how will you upload it if you don't have plat? you need to pay 150 to upload it into the game and 30 for the item to display it on your warframes, did you know?

have no platinum, my friend (The warlord) has no shortage. Its just he doesn't believe in micro-transactions/real money currency being used for anything that cannot be gained without its use (plus he has no Idea what we want either). But yes I am fully aware of the 150 fee.

If you can give the sort of stuff you want (ex: colors, content, etc), we can assist. I would try my hand at it if I have an idea of what you want, as I work in doing badges and graphics design for my internet groups.

Just say what you want to be your emblem, maybe somebody will make it for free.

Edit: Ninjad by an example.

I've done a couple of emblems before for free, when I'm not in a greedy mood.

What exactly would you want? 

The main issue is, I don't know what to ask for, which is why I'm asking for something like a database or megathread (I'm not too creative). We originally were going to use the leaf village symbol from Naruto, or the wings of Freedom from Shingeki No Kyojin, but since the are copyright.... If I were to be picky, something like a pair of crossed swords with some central design (maybe an R, idk) would be pretty cool, but other then that I am drawing a blank. The major issue stopping me from making it myself is the whole re-sizing/transparency things, as well as no artistic talent. Thanks for responding, though.

EDIT: fixed horrible spelling and grammar issues

Edited by Arxiun

There's not really a megathread for that kind of stuff, most emblems are custom made for clans AFAIK. On the Fanart subforum, there's a couple of threads which deals with that kind of stuff, but most charges plat for it. 

Is there really no concept more specific that you can think of? I can draw you the random stuff you asked, but I'm not the one who will be stuck with it plastered on my shoulder for a while. 

If you were to draw it for us, I would be immensely grateful. We really like the styling of the default/operation badges, so probably keep with that. What we would optimally want would be Two crossed swords/scythes (blades up), and at the center of that a circle sporting a "R", or, if you could fit it, a small castle/ruin decal. The rest would be transparent. 

Made a basic one in Warframe style. Simple colors, no obscene outlines. The game handles the 'hologram' effects that we see on them. If you want anything changed, just tell me and I can do it.

EDIT: Applied some effects to spice it up, here is the new one. 8uWwsZ0.png

Edited by McVolker

Thanks! And I'm assuming its the right size for emblems! This will do just fine.

EDIT: Jut showed it to the Warlord. He thinks it's great too! Thanks so much for doing this!

Edited by Arxiun

Yup, its already scaled properly to be used, and the colors were desaturated to compensate for the game's effects so it isn't blinding in game. Be sure to post here or msg me with a screenshot whenever it gets in. Enjoy it!

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by McVolker

How do you get your images so detailed at that size. I am having trouble resizing mine. when I do it becomes very pixelated. Am I working with too large of an original image?

Probably. Try scaling it down bit by bit, with Lanczos algorithm, after each downscaling, use Sharpen filter, or something similar.

Edited by Angius

I just make my emblems in 400 x 400, in GIMP, and then scale it down to 128 x 128 whenever I save it as a .png. I always keep the .xcf version for editing it on the fly. I don't use anything special for scaling it down, GIMP just scales it down really well from my experiences. Just make sure it is sharp in 400 x 400 and then scale it down to see if it looks correct.