Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Abilties

shaun10656

I just bought saryn a last week and im in love with her but I cant help but notice something that out of place. Why is her ult do corrosive dmg but her other abilities do viral and toxin. im fine with all of her abilities expect her ult and venom I suggest a element change or swap by polarity. this is just a idea that you can move her abilities into different slots to change the element her power has from viral corrosive toxic or just change saryn ult to toxin imo.

*Ahem*

Venom references that it will "spread a viral infection to nearby enemies." - Hence, Viral damage. The large number of ticks and thus chances to proc the Viral 50% health loss makes this a very strong ability.

For Contagion it says "Saryn channels high levels of toxicity into her melee weapon" - Hence, Toxic damage. This also allows the formation of other damage types with clever positioning of elemental mods on your melee weapon (Since this Toxic modifier can combine with elemental mods)

For Miasma it mentions "Saryn pollutes the atmosphere with a lethally poisonous mist that corrodes all enemies in range" - Hence, Corrosive damage. Corrosive does additional damage to most Grineer units and for the bigger ones it can proc armour reduction making them easier to kill.

Having 3 different damage types amongst abilities is very useful, since it means you can be effective against a larger variety of factions unlike say Ember who's entirely Heat based abilities don't get a very wide target range to capitalize on. It also allows you to get the multiple status effects which can be very useful to have access to - Especially if you also set up your weapons to cover yet more status effects.

Miasma should proc at a high rate instead of doing stupid amounts of damage.  

Maybe, but I like it as a room clearer, Especially with Rejuvenation, Rage, Streamline and high rank Vitality slotted on my Saryn, I always have it there to finish off anything that is actually giving me trouble.

Can't help but notice, however, that Miasma is pretty much the only Saryn ability I use regularly, though occasionally I'll use Molt to escape or draw fire when I'm resing, and Venom is warming up to me now that I've stared to regularly do missions in place where enemies won't die before I pop any spores and I leveled it so there are more spores to pop on the first target. Contagion is still largely unused, despite Melee 2.0 making meleeing more viable. I've always felt like any remaining Venom spores should do something when the target dies, and that Contagion should do more than add toxic damage (even if you can use said damage for element-changing shenanigans; something I've never really found much use for, outside of the fact I don't have Fever Strike yet.)

Room-clearers are boring and promote lazy gameplay.  You shouldn't be able to reliably kill everything on the map by pressing 4 a dozen times.  

Well, you can't do that on with most Room-clearing abilities on Ceres anymore, since Prosecutors are immune to everything but physical damage and one single-type element. Maybe DE needs to add more enemies like that?

That said, I won't be complaining if it your wish comes true and Miasma's turned into a corrosive proc bomb rather than a corrosive damage bomb. Lots of situations where that would still be very useful.

Edited by Foefaller

Well, you can't do that on with most Room-clearing abilities on Ceres anymore, since Prosecutors are immune to everything but physical damage and one single-type element. Maybe DE needs to add more enemies like that?

That said, I won't be complaining if it your wish comes true and Miasma's turned into a corrosive proc bomb rather than a corrosive damage bomb. Lots of situations where that would still be very useful.

It can still do damage, just not 4k in 2 seconds.  Make it  a real DoT, imo.