The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

@steve: Let's Talk More About That Ds Pvp Gametype You Mentioned

SolidSp33d

I'm not entirely sure about DS1 and whether or not it had dedicated servers, but I know that it didn't have a load-screen every time someone disconnected. People could hop in and drop out without disrupting the flow of the game. Whether that comes down to net code optimization or simply the amount of data that needs to be shared is beyond me. 

From what I take of your suggestion, though, people would join the game when ready to fight, and leave the game when they lose, or when they defeat the player. Warframe allows people to join sessions smoothly enough, but disconnecting is an entirely different animal. 

Lastly, this suggestion you've got going here is essentially a glorified Conclave match with a set of protocols for joining. From my experiences, the Conclaves would make a terrible addition to the PVP front of Warframe. It's not fun to watch yourself  get knocked down and head-shot while on the ground. There are other ways of implementing PVP that don't involve Tenno v Tenno, and I think those are a little more deserving of consideration. 

Good luck with keeping this particular train on its tracks. 

You do have a points, things do need to be worked out when a player disconnects. Although that loading screen only really happens when the host is disconnected right? If they person who starts the mission is the host then it shouldn't be much of an issue. If the host get's assassinated then the whole mission would need to end anyway. The others aren't the host so they would be disconnected just fine if they lose.

And no, it isn't just like conclave you're forgetting the point of the mission and that it's a fully featured PvE environment. You can look back to the DS1 invasions to see this. You flag for the PvP because you want help with the mission and are willing to take the risk of an invader. The invader is trying to actively stop that specific player from their goal. you might even be able to weasel by without directly fighting the person if you and your summoned ally are crafty. And the 4th slot is just for those who are hunting down a flagged guilty player. It's a PvE mission that has players with different rolls adding a PvP layer and hazards. PvEvP. The whole flow of this is far different than a conclave fight.

With the Lighting fiasco we all have seen that Steve/Scott will push any content they want into the game because they are leading DE_Warframe and they have that power.

Steve is pushing for more PvP for darksectors, so like it or not, he has already assigned people to work on that project and is already getting regular updates.

So like Damage 2.0, which came without warning, we could have a foundation-rattling change on our hands with Dark-Sectors.

They are now already working on PvP content, and it is on the horizon. So here is hoping the ending system is well thoughtout and will address balance issues in game. As it stands, you want to know what the deadliest thing in Conclave right now is? Reflection. I put it on ANY frame with stamina and i will render shooting useless and will kill anyone with their own weapon.

Right now, we dont know if Steve wants to keep PVP and PVE separate with DarkSectors, we can only wait for tomorrow when/if he talks about the changes.

Indeed.

I really hope he elaborates on this, and I feel he most likely will. It's a Q&A stream about the update after all, and his post was a response to all the feedback in the first place. I can definitely see him going in to more detail tomorrow.

I'd personally like to see him take the time to open up a thread himself about all the Dark Sector matters and do some real talk with us after the stream.

Its not a generalisation, it extrapolation based on activity. 

The topic is "hello Steve, could you focus development on something that 90% of players don't want or don't care about, aka PvP". 

Source?!  

For the record, a few dozen or even hundred or so active forum users don't speak for the multitude of millions that play this game. But again, provide source for the 90%...

In ideal world yes, in reality you have an opportunity cost and each man-hour spent on making PvP is an hour lost on developing the rest of the game. 

Im sure you have tried to play conclaves, the foundation is not there, OP's ideas would not work at the current state of the game any better. There has to be a major re-work and rebalance of everything for PvP to become enjoyable. Or a completely new game mode with pre-made stats and rules that differ from the rest of the game (because even the limits of conclave rating are not enough).  And its not worth it for the most players. 

No, that's wrong. They would have department(s)/team(s) dedicated to a particular thing. Like an art team that focuses on art, UI team,  etc etc PVP team.

That's not taking from the overall productivity if they have purposely allocated for that particular feature.... which they seem to have and/or seeking to do.

Even if it's just one person, job will get done.

As someone else mentioned earlier and I too can vouch for, due to it being a thing in the previous game I played, which was 100% PVP oriented, Korean game  =D

Anyway, they had 'PVP sets/gear' As in special gear/armor just to use on a special PVP map (despite the whole game being open world PVP -_-) But this particular map was no mobs or anything, just all players to wreck shop.

DE could do the same. 'PVP Mods' and 'PVP Weapons' or even 'PVP Frames.  Would also be a nice idea to continue to include the community with their concept creations etc.