Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Freeze Ray, Every Mad Man Deserves One!

TheGentlemanRolePlayer

I've seen many people in my clan groan at the lack of pure ice damage weapons, I mean... It's a primary element!

When the new weapon came out we all went "PLEASE BE AN ICE GUN!" and nope... Another electric.

Tons of poison, we have ignis and the fire sword sets for fire, we have electric everywhere too... But not a SINGLE ice gun...

Why not a freeze ray pistol? Sounds like a corpus type of tech... Or even grineer who's fed up with shields! Ice synergizes with poison well and even electric for magnetic, even fire for a nice boom!

A few ideas to get your inspiration jogged! :)

Name: Glaskar (Grineer Influenced)

Slot: Primary

Type: Frost Cannon

Trigger: Charge

Reload: 2.0 Seconds

Fire Rate: 2.0 Second Charge

Damage: 400 Ice, 5m Radius

Critical/Chance: x2/5.0%

Magazine: 3

Accuracy: 100

Notes: Fires a projectile that dips slightly like a bow's might, but is a cryorocket or grenade.

Appearance: A bit boxy like the napalm or bombard's design, but with bubbling liquid tubes on the side powering the icy projectiles, and a large canister ontop for loading the shells into.

Name: Poltra (Corpus Design)

Slot: Secondary

Type: Ice Beam Pistol

Trigger: Auto

Reload: 1.5 Seconds

Fire Rate: 7.2 Rounds/Second

Damage: 20 Ice

Critical/Chance: x1.5/2.5%

Magazine: 25

Accuracy: 45

Notes: Bolts have same travel time as cestra's.

Appearance: Appears as a pistol's base with the barrel of an icy-like liquid that transfers the energy into ice energy, has a tube ontop of the pistol and a pipe from that tube to the main barrel feeding it the energy ammo.

Name: Skao Naginata

Slot: Melee

Type: Icespike Spear (Pole Arm)

Attack Speed: 1.0

Damage: 2.2 Impact, 39.0 Piercing, 8.8 Slashing

Slam Attack: 100 Ice, 10m Radius, 100% Cold Proc regardless of elemental types

Slide Attack: 122 Physical

Wall Attack: 88 Physical

Critical/Chance: x2/15.0%

Range: 0.1m Cleave

Notes: We need some spear polearms, how about this? Also I may have mixed some of the data numbers up, but I tried... Still figuring out the math of melee 2.0 on my own, haha. Yes it's not pure ice, but it's close enough!

Appearance: A crystalline shafted spear with a ribbon coming from the blade's base, the blade is crystalline and shaped like a curve.

Name: Dark Snow (Tenno Inspired)

Type: Cryo Maintenance Tool

Trigger: Held

Reload: 3.0 Seconds

Fire Rate: 5.0 Rounds/Second

Damage: 15 Cold Per Second

Critical/Chance: x2/10.0% Per Second

Magazine: 50

Accuracy: 100

Punch Through: Infinite (Same As Ignis)

Special Effect: When colliding with the ground or walls, places an icy patch that has a 100% frost slow status chance for enemies that stand in it, the patches last for 5 seconds and fade if not maintained.

Notes: Inspired by ignis, it has most features like it, except it is slower and slightly less DPS effective and has the ability to lay down the same ice effects as the void's ice tiles.

Appearance: A rifle that has a clear tube under its barrel filled with cryo gel, a pipe running from that tube to the back of the gun that has two horizontal tubes ontop that detach when reloading, they pop off and the user pops another pair on. The muzzle of the gun is tapered with a broad base and notches along it.

Name: Icicilis (Orokin Influenced)

Type: Icicle Launcher

Trigger: Auto

Reload: 2.8 Seconds

Fire Rate: 7.7 Rounds/Second

Damage: 28 Ice (possibly Piercing added)

Critical/Chance: x1.5/10.0%

Magazine: 40

Accuracy: 20

Notes: Shoots physics projectiles much like the boltor, but does ice instead of piercing, possible could have piercing innate to go with the cold since it's firing icicles. Can pierce enemies, much like the boltor or bolto.

Appearance: A machine gun-like rifle with two clips coming out from either side of the barrel that are rectangular with rounded edges, there are decorative curves along the rifle's barrel that resemble frozen icicles dripping down it and small icicles coming off the muzzle of the gun.

That's all for now! This is mainly for DE to get their inspiration running, I'd love to see ice weapons regardless of their powers or capabilities, since they're so rare to begin with! Especially a melee weapon that acts like an ice pick, spear, harpoon, or otherwise! :D

Enjoy!

I didn't read much of your post, I'm on my way to take a nap and my eyes were like... TL;DR... nope nope nope...

But I wanted to post and let you know that there's one in the pipe already. It was teased a few devstreams ago, and we've had a few minor updates on the progress. Getting it next Wednesday or the Wednesday after that would not surprise me at all.

I'm looking forward to it because back when elements always caused status, I used to use the Flux Rifle as a freeze ray by putting cold and punch-through on it and slowing enemies. Instead of swiping it, I'd stick it out there and let the enemies run into it, then track and DPS just the first enemy it hit. That enemy would be slowed and the others would catch up, falling in line right behind it getting hit by the punch-through. You'd end up with seven or eight in a line all getting pwned, slowly going back towards where they were coming from as they died off and I move back to new targets. So much win at any corner choke point.

But, for the record, I also want more fire weapons for my Ember Prime. :(

Edited by VKhaun

I didn't read much of your post, I'm on my way to take a nap and my eyes were like... TL;DR... nope nope nope...

But I wanted to post and let you know that there's one in the pipe already. It was teased a few devstreams ago, and we've had a few minor updates on the progress. Getting it next Wednesday or the Wednesday after that would not surprise me at all.

That'd be so nice! I hope they do release something!

it may overlap a little with frost.. but we already have weapons that has volt like abilities so....

personally, I would prefer something that the current frames cannot do atm. e.g. shrink enemies into 3 inch cute versions for some time and allow us to stomp them, or transform them into space llama that will follow the tenno around and spit at random targets (including the tenno, and causes temporary stagger and blindness).

on second thought, let's not open the door to hell and keep weapons ... weapon-like.

it may overlap a little with frost.. but we already have weapons that has volt like abilities so....

personally, I would prefer something that the current frames cannot do atm. e.g. shrink enemies into 3 inch cute versions for some time and allow us to stomp them, or transform them into space llama that will follow the tenno around and spit at random targets (including the tenno, and causes temporary stagger and blindness).

on second thought, let's not open the door to hell and keep weapons ... weapon-like.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1296

There's your llamas

And I would like an ice themed weapon for frost most definitely. Sort of surprised why this hasnt happened yet.

Edited by RespectTheInternet

We mostly need a melee with ice ground slam.

We have amphis, mire, and fire weapons, but no ice.

A massive icy hammer might be nice too! :D

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1296

There's your llamas

And I would like an ice themed weapon for frost most definitely. Sort of surprised why this hasnt happened yet.

Oh dear god SCP XD

Surprised as I am to say this...I actually like this idea.  I generally don't go for fan-made weapons, but all of these sound both fun and viable.  I admit I did not look into the exact stats too heavily, but just from the descriptions, I can see some of these making an appearance in-game.  I particularly like the Tenno-designed Dark Snow and the Skao Naginata.  The cryo-trail mechanic is a stroke of genius, great for CC, and let's face it, we need an ice melee weapon.  Cold is, as has been pointed out, a criminally under-represented damage type.  And heck, add a poison mod and you're set for Viral damage.

How about a vacuum/ black hole gun? Cold is basically a lack of heat or lack of air to transfer heat in this situation. Would be so cool going all hoover on the enemies! Also the weapon could have a Carrier's Vacuum ability to collect loot. Perfect for all the Nekros lovers. C:

PS. I'm not a forum type of guy, but pure cold weapon is a great idea.

Edited by Irregardless_Existence