Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Tenno Have Ships, Space Dojos, Can Make Rails, We Need Some Serious Lotus Organization Lore.

Mak_Gohae

I always thought that the Lotus Organization had the bare minimum to operate but with each addition its looking more and more like the Lotus Faction is not a bunch of dude sneaking around doing missions. It's now looking like they can have their own proper army and could eventually take over whole sectors.

We reeeeeaaaaally need some info on this organization we are fighting with. How big are they? Do they have a home base? How strong are they? Forget all other lores, this needs to be explained asap. Plus this can help new players get into the world. You dont need to explain what the Tenno are and how they work with warframes but getting info on who you are fighting for does help a lot with the setting. 

As more Tenno are reawakened and as we grow in number, I think it's pretty clear that we're becoming less of a small elite force and more of a large collective consisting of clans with their own motives and beliefs not necessarily managed by the Lotus (as the Davro alerts show).

The Lotus merely gave us the our original goal to restore balance in the system, back when we were barely a blip on the Grineer radar. I'm pretty sure we've had a lot of time to figure out our own goals, like being the Grand Admiral of the Grineer.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Ninjas. In space. And you complain about the Lotus, of all things? Nevermind turning off oxygen ON A PLANET, you want to talk about the Lotus. Mmk, let the games begin.

Im asking for more lore about one of the biggest aspects of the game which has absolutely no lore about.

We actually dont know anything about the Lotus itself.

Whatever info we got is second hand based on their actions or what people think about them which do not even paint a picture.

This is not complaining.

As more Tenno are reawakened and as we grow in number, I think it's pretty clear that we're becoming less of a small elite force and more of a large collective consisting of clans with their own motives and beliefs not necessarily managed by the Lotus (as the Davro alerts show).

The Lotus merely gave us the our original goal to restore balance in the system, back when we were barely a blip on the Grineer radar. I'm pretty sure we've had a lot of time to figure out our own goals, like being the Grand Admiral of the Grineer.

More troops is not the question, the question is about the resources.

More troops does equal more resources, so where are these things coming from?

We are all now getting our own ships. Where did we get them? Did we go into some tremendous stealing spree?

Given that the Dojo has a "Tenno" aesthetic and now the ships looks like they will follow that as well, it looks like these things are being built. 

I dont think that some one had a stock pile of dojos and ships untouched and in working order from however long the Tenno were last awake.

So where are these things being built?

When building a rail you see this tremendous thing being worked on, so who is working on it?

Edited by Mak_Gohae

More troops is not the question, the question is about the resources.

More troops does equal more resources, so where are these things coming from?

We are all now getting our own ships. Where did we get them? Did we go into some tremendous stealing spree?

Given that the Dojo has a "Tenno" aesthetic and now the ships looks like they will follow that as well, it looks like these things are being built. 

I dont think that some one had a stock pile of dojos and ships untouched and in working order from however long the Tenno were last awake.

So where are these things being built?

When building a rail you see this tremendous thing being worked on, so who is working on it?

You continue to assume the Lotus is an Organization, there is nothing to suggest she is anything other than an individual.

What this fellow said, Admiral. I'd expect you to know we Tenno plant extractors everywhere on a daily basis to get our Ferrite and Alloy Plates seeing as you manage the entire Grineer army, not to mention we raid (and likely commandeer) Orokin ships on a daily basis seeing as no one else managed too.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

What this fellow said, Admiral. I'd expect you to know we Tenno plant extractors everywhere on a daily basis to get our Ferrite and Alloy Plates seeing as you manage the entire Grineer army, not to mention we raid (and likely commandeer) Orokin ships on a daily basis seeing as no one else managed too.

We DO have dig sites set up in places across the galaxy, though, to gather Orokin/Tenno relics before the Grineer/Corpus can (see Lotus' comment about it when going after Ruk), and the presence of us being able to set up Solar Rails DOES mean the Tenno have gained a powerful presence in the galaxy. We're able to claim territory for ourselves, but our ability to hold those territories to make potent use of them (i.e. resource extraction) are hindered by Grineer and Corpus attacks to the point where we need to supplement/get the majority of what we need by raiding their facilities.

You continue to assume the Lotus is an Organization, there is nothing to suggest she is anything other than an individual.

I went to wiki to quote all the times the game showed that the Lotus is an organization and it seems like all of them have been taken out.

If Lostu is now not a group that still leaves the question about who is managing all of this. There's still a big gap between you just woke up and now you have a dojo, a ship, rails, etc.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I went to wiki to quote all the times the game showed that the Lotus is an organization and it seems like all of them have been taken out.

If Lostu is now not a group that still leaves the question about who is managing all of this. There's still a big gap between you just woke up and now you have a dojo, a ship, rails, etc.

Well, we do make a daily business of rescuing Tenno sympathizers. That, and I highly doubt we're fighting all the time.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

The Lotus directs us herself, gives us a ship (probably one salvaged from Orokin/Tenno sites mentioned earlier), and then we govern ourselves to find that Clan, which then makes those rails and helps finance us further. Plus, as Zephyr said: we do rescue captured Tenno fairly daily, be it in Rescue missions or retaking Cryopods in defense.

Edited by Morec0

The Lotus directs us herself, gives us a ship (probably one salvaged from Orokin/Tenno sites mentioned earlier), and then we govern ourselves to find that Clan, which then makes those rails and helps finance us further. Plus, as Zephyr said: we do rescue captured Tenno fairly daily, be it in Rescue missions or retaking Cryopods in defense.

for all we know 'the Lotus' that talks to us is simply an AI made by the Lotus organisation to make communication with the tenno easier.

for all we know 'the Lotus' that talks to us is simply an AI made by the Lotus organisation to make communication with the tenno easier.

If there is such an Organization, they've never been mentioned or even hinted at in anything that hasn't been removed from the game by this point (i.e. Lotus' old quote) so until further notice it is safe to assume they do not exist. As for A.I., though, I think Becca DID confirm her as being one. Where she is, though, is a mystery (my money is on somewhere in the Void, though).

I always thought that the Lotus Organization had the bare minimum to operate but with each addition its looking more and more like the Lotus Faction is not a bunch of dude sneaking around doing missions. It's now looking like they can have their own proper army and could eventually take over whole sectors.

We reeeeeaaaaally need some info on this organization we are fighting with. How big are they? Do they have a home base? How strong are they? Forget all other lores, this needs to be explained asap. Plus this can help new players get into the world. You dont need to explain what the Tenno are and how they work with warframes but getting info on who you are fighting for does help a lot with the setting. 

You've started off wrong, so there's no telling how far off you'll go. There is no Warframe Lotus organization. The "organization" is the Tenno. And the only thing we know of the Lotus from Dark Sector is an upside down lotus emblem. That's it. Any mention of a Lotus organization is baseless speculation, and most things on the wiki are speculation as well. The Lotus has never been an organization.

What you're calling the Lotus organization is merely the collective group of Tenno called "the Tenno". No different than saying "the Chinese" or any other group of people. The Tenno are an organization. The Tenno are a people. There's no Lotus organization telling us what to do. It's the Lotus and the Tenno High Council. And the High Council probably listens to the Lotus. Some here have said the Design Council (read: Founders) are those who make up the Tenno High Council.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Well, we do make a daily business of rescuing Tenno sympathizers. That, and I highly doubt we're fighting all the time.

And we also save turncoats... so where are all these people going? I thought this was all growing the Lotus ranks.

But how did this start? What about people not in clans? What about clans that are made up of a handful of people?

Is all of this just going to be thrown to the "It's just a game" bucket?

If there is such an Organization, they've never been mentioned or even hinted at in anything that hasn't been removed from the game by this point (i.e. Lotus' old quote) so until further notice it is safe to assume they do not exist. As for A.I., though, I think Becca DID confirm her as being one. Where she is, though, is a mystery (my money is on somewhere in the Void, though).

If what the Dev's said about all enemy quotes still existing with the new languages is true then one quote hinting at an organization still exists.

You've started off wrong, so there's no telling how far off you'll go. There is no Warframe Lotus organization. The "organization" is the Tenno. And the only thing we know of the Lotus from Dark Sector is an upside down lotus emblem. That's it. Any mention of a Lotus organization is baseless speculation, and most things on the wiki are speculation as well. The Lotus has never been an organization.

What you're calling the Lotus organization is merely the collective group of Tenno called "the Tenno". No different than saying "the Chinese" or any other group of people. The Tenno are an organization. The Tenno are a people. There's no Lotus organization telling us what to do. It's the Lotus and the Tenno High Council. And the High Council probably listens to the Lotus. Some here have said the Design Council (read: Founders) are those who make up the Tenno High Council.

I didnt start off wrong, i started with info from the game....what little info exist.

From Dark Sector the Lotus symbol was used to show secret locations to the Black Market.

And we also save turncoats... so where are all these people going? I thought this was all growing the Lotus ranks.

But how did this start? What about people not in clans? What about clans that are made up of a handful of people?

Is all of this just going to be thrown to the "It's just a game" bucket?

If what the Dev's said about all enemy quotes still existing with the new languages is true then one quote hinting at an organization still exists.

I didnt start off wrong, i started with info from the game....what little info exist.

From Dark Sector the Lotus symbol was used to show secret locations to the Black Market.

That's no indication of a Lotus organization. You're grasping for straws.

That's no indication of a Lotus organization. You're grasping for straws.

The "straws" were in the game.

And, in fact, everyone is grasping for something because there is basically no info.

So forget what you or i think and focus on the idea of getting more lore on this.

Lotus faction has grown over time.

This time last year it was small and had much less equipment, now thanks to constant raids by Tenno operatives we have the resources and technology that put other factions to shame. Hell we snag most new enemy tech before they even get it into production.

Case and point, what do you think happens to all those enemy ships we take on. Most get salvaged for parts and information, or repurposed.

Lotus faction has grown over time.

This time last year it was small and had much less equipment, now thanks to constant raids by Tenno operatives we have the resources and technology that put other factions to shame. Hell we snag most new enemy tech before they even get it into production.

Case and point, what do you think happens to all those enemy ships we take on. Most get salvaged for parts and information, or repurposed.

It's the Tenno faction, not the Lotus faction.

yeah. But I mean, the Tenno are a faction in-game. Look at the Conclave hover text. Faction: Tenno.

Never conclave but since only Tenno can fight im going to take a guess and say that this is just some old code from another game that they just added to Warframe and they needed to fill some stuff out to make it work.