Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Needs It's Own Dev-Stream

(PSN)nickbmd

Just stopped watching #27. Aside from being an absolute mess, it was (not shockingly) 99.99999997% PC related. You appear to be having beers in plaid and denim at 2pm on a Friday in a massive studio. How hard could it be to get the janitor to field some ps4 questions with scripted answers? Just left the stream feeling even more neglected than when I entered. I'm certain I don't know the macroeconomics involved but Jesus, give us SOMETHING de.

Are you kidding? Its of course PC related because PC gets the updates first. The streams are WARFRAME related, everything that was shown PS4 will get aswell. PC gets updates first because:

1. They test it for PS4 users so that PS4 doesn't have to suffer through a ton of bugs like PC does. Due to sony's cert process, it could take a week or more for DE to get a hotfix out to PS4 to fix things if they are really bad. Thats why PC is first so DE limits how many bugs PS4 gets (Note: Some PS4 bugs are PS4 related only).

2. It takes long for PS4 to get the updates because they have to build it for PC first, then they have to take it and literally rebuild almost the entire update for PS4. Its not as simple as taking the update and adding it to PS4 after its on PC.

3. Theres the sony cert. DE has said before that they would love to update Warframe on PS4 has quickly as possible if they could, but sonys cert process makes them have to wait an entire week sometimes before the update goes out.

DE did answer some PS4 questions. Also, if theres PS4 questions you need answered, you have to actually ask them. If none of the PS4 users put a question in the devstream thread how is DE supposed to answer them? DE also cannot answer every question at once.

You PS4 users who say "DE doesnt care about us *whine whine*" are about as bad as all the PC users who say "PC Master race hur dur".

You see 71 posts by my name? No way they could be questions to DE could they? And no way they could be universally unanswered. The ps4 version of this game has issues that need to be addressed FOR MONTHS. Why in god's name would I care about concept art of dojo rooms when my warframe is RIDDLED with glitches and saving errors. The ps4 community accounts for a % of DE's earnings and that should be reciprocated back to the community through ANY form of recognition. Jesus get of your (most likely) PC high horse.

I'd agree, but since we're the step child and don't get any attention to our 'real' problems posted in the forums (IE: performance, FPS, progress NOT saved, ranking 8 and 15 test due to controllers, etc.) they wouldn't have enough to talk about for an hour. They should do a 1hr DEV-STREAM just for PS4 regarding our specific concerns.  Seems like everything is based off PC since they are 3x's more player base than us.

I really wanna know when we're going to get updates that are related specifically to fixing PS4's problems rather than PC's additions?

Edited by (PS4)JrJester00

Ironically... I'd have to agree to disagree.. No offense to PC players.. but I feel they're our guinea pigs to experiment.. and we pretty much get a finished product! the ONE thing thats fully PS4 dependent though is our frame rate/loading issues/times... we DO NEED A SPECIFIC address on that topic, at least some kind of experimental implementation. Now here's a crazy thought on that... I've explained in a post earlier about how revives refresh frame rates, why dont DE implement some kind of "Rest" station in Void Survivals/Defense? something that'll allow the ps4 to breathe and refresh...just like how the revives work? that'd be great

just in case you're wondering what I mean about revives:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/220946-a-weird-way-to-fix-frame-rate-issues-maybe-de-can-figure-this-out/

Edited by (PS4)Blitz5

It doesn't matter if the pc is our guinea pig or not. We still get bugs and require fixes after updates are made available for ps4, its been more than a week and Im still having issues with progress not saving and being logged out and as i have read here im not the only one. They should have tested the update we got on the Pc a little more then before giving it to us.