Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jwarframe - 1.2.1 (Alert And Invasion Notifier For Windows/linux/mac)

GoldenGnu

I sent GoldenGnu the new data.

But for the ones in a hurry, you can dl data and image folders here:

http://dl.free.fr/o88hOg4tJ

close jwarframe,

go to C:\Users\[username]\.jwarframe

backup data and image folders

extract the archive

relaunch the app.

rapidly check the filters to see if you updated correctly. you should see fusion core in the mods tab and tengu in helms.

or wait until goldengnu pushes the update ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Been using this for a while, thanks for your hard work on it.

Having trouble with it re-notifying me about invasions if I check them as done, though.  It'll uncheck them and give that "Stop Beep..." pop-up and bring it right back up as a notify/sound effect again.  Hopefully that makes sense.

I use it to keep an eye on easy (Exterminate, Capture, Assassination) Fieldron/Mutagen Mass/Detonite Injector, and I can't check them as done or they just come right back.

Edited by ArcusVeles

@ArcusVeles

Thank you for your bug report. Sadly, I'm not able to reproduce the bug.

If you could send me the full settings and logs directories (See https://code.google.com/p/jwarframe/wiki/ReadMe#Settings_location).

Send it all in a zip file to niklaskr@gmail.com

I will look into it as soon as I have the files :)

I found a workaround for this issue.  I set the invasions tab to show all instead of just the notified ones, then checked the boxes, and set it back to only showing the notified ones and it stopped unchecking the ones I checked.

I hope that helps you figure out the problem above and beyond the files I sent.

I have the same problem with the same solution.

Problem: If you tick "Done" when on the notify tab a short time later the same missions will just come back as "New Alert/Invasion Found"

Solution 1: Use the All tab and not the Notify tab

Solution 2: Change from the Notify tab to the All tab then tick done then move back to the Notify tab and the mission will finally stay done.

I also have a unrelated feature request, can we have an "Both" tab at the top? The reason being that I don't really care if its an Invasion or an Alert if it matches my filters, it would save people like me clicking between Alert and Invasion and back again each time

Perhaps it can be designed so that the both tab has a seperator half way with Alerts on top and invasions on the bottom half?

Edited by Garrek

Issue was caused by deathsnacks site down.

it only lasted a few hours.

jwarframe relies on deathsnacks api to pick infos.

one option could be to add the official rss feed (http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/rss.php) as a failsafe data source?

could be hard to implement, as it would certainly involve lot of work on rewriting the code to pick the needed infos from the feed. for something that should, according to deathsnacks, never happen :p

@ArcusVeles & @Garrek

I was not able to reproduce the problem locally.

but, with the extra info from the workaround, I have made a dev build I would like you to try out.

It may fix it or it may not, as, It's more or less a blind shot...

Please note: You have to decline to update, each time you run it - if it works, I will release a new version ASAP

@ArcusVeles & @MTSilver

Yes, when deathsnacks.com is down, jWarframe does not work

@Tazmanyak

The problem with the rss feed is that it only got half of the info used by jWarframe

Edited by GoldenGnu

I tried the dev version, but it didn't fix the issue.

Basically what happens is, I check an invasion as "done" but at the bottom it still shows it in the count of invasions that are neither done nor ignored.  This problem only occurs when looking at the list of invasions sorted as Notify, but when sorted as All checking that box works correctly and it no longer re-notifies whenever the app updates itself.

Hopefully that description helps a little better.  Look at Invasions list in All mode and it works as it should, but in Notify mode checking the boxes isn't working properly.

Came to tell about the incoming data update.

Already added the new helm and alad invasion filter (added in frames tab).

Not sure i can do it today, but will add kubrow egg (in ressources tab)

then send the data to GoldenGnu for update ;)

i repeat, if you notice i missed something, or could do some tweaks to the filters, pls let me know :)

Data update uploaded - Thank you Tazmanyak, I don't know what I should do without you =)

Bah, you would have to do it by yourself :p

You're very welcome, i'm happy to help! and as i use jwarframe myself and update the filters for my own use, it would be pretty stupid not to share them ;)

@Tazmanyak

Yes, I would have to do it by myself AKA it may never be done :D

@ArcusVeles

Good to hear it's fixed.

One bug less, for everyone - all thanks to you reporting it :)

I'm sorry it took so long to find and fix the bug...

Edited by GoldenGnu

ty for the update :)

its so awesome

few suggestions :)

a link to this forum topic :D
at invasions a history would be awesome,
and also at deathsnacks it has an ETA on them(invasions) so i know if i need to rush them etc :)

ty again, keep up the good work :)

@ArcusVeles

Good to hear it's fixed.

One bug less, for everyone - all thanks to you reporting it :)

I'm sorry it took so long to find and fix the bug...

I reported it too but got no mention! =( . What was the problem in the end? The low tech version for people who never coded anything :P Edited by Garrek

Thanks for the update guys nice work as always :)

wouldnt be the kubrow egg fit more into the premium tab ?

And maybe rename the Frame tab with a / key ? The Navigation coords are not rly a frame part.. you need it for the key wich is needed for the parts but its no part :P. wouldnt do a new tab would be space waste there wont be that much key and frame alert so it fit in there as well ;)

I can live also with the settings like we got but just an idea ;)