Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Know What We Need Now?

Wallace24

actually, a couple things. but for the sake of this topic, here's the one I was thinking:

Channeling-specific melee weapons. We have all sorts of weapons now: weapons with good crit stats, weapons with high status chance, purely elemental weapons, some with mainly slash damage, some mainly impact. there's a weapon for everything (except pure cold damage). but now that we have melee 2.0, I think we need some weapons that are middling in damage, but get a huge boost when you channel with them. or have naturally increased stats (crit chance/damage, status chance, possibly elemental damage that's only activated while channeling) while channeling, not just a straight damage multiplier

yes, we have mods for that now (true punishment, quickening, etc.), but I think some weapons should innately have that. especially ones that had particularly strong charge attacks in melee 1.0 (galatine, for instance), or special aspects to their charge attack in melee 1.0 (mire's charge attack used to deal toxin. remember that? also several weapons need their descriptions changed. those that refer to charge attacks, mainly). I mean, how cool would it be to activate channeling, and suddenly your dual heat swords are aflame, or your mire has a poisonous aura around it?

with this we'll also need to update the arsenal stat screen for melee weapons to include channeling stats. I'm sure people have asked for that before. people only figured out that channeling is essentially a 50% damage boost (or up one combo multiplier. i.e. channeling with a 2x multiplier will give you 2.5x damage. Idk, I didn't do the testing myself. something like that) through testing. channeling damage alone would be a great improvement for the melee arsenal stats. but I think we could have weapons specifically for channeling that would have extra boosts during channeling

of course I'd understand if DE wanted to lay off the melee system for a while. but I think it would make the melee system (and the channeling subsystem, specifically) even more appealing

thoughts?

You know what we need

We need more rare resources and more weapons what need more forma's to build and more whiners that are crying for nerfs.

With all that we need more grinding and farming if we don't want spend our money on game that will stay in beta 4ever.

About that new melee thing i don't play it cus i've got 850 hours in the game and i just don't want spend more time again finding rare mods and other stuff that i need to actually play it properly, i just want to kill mobs faster so i prefer rifles over melee.

Edited by Histori

well if you haven't tried out some of the features of melee 2.0, you're really missing out

warframe is almost an entirely new game now that swords and such can actually kill high level things

but if you want to, you can still use your soma and m prime and make sure you don't pick up any of the new stance mods. careful fighting infested, though, fracturing wind drops like crazy if you kill them for too long