Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

well their alliance is made up of a multitude of different clans from shadow to moon also their founder is peopleschoicegaming who has  a large following from youtube already nad basically spends all his time playing TESO and Warframe

People's Choice gaming had nothing to do with the making of eclipse, he is only a very small part, he hasn't even been part of any decision making. His video was a mistake which sounded like he founded Eclipse, when in truth he was only added in the last minute.

I'm trying to figure out how people complain about a 25% tax on missions that I gross about 23k a run on.

You're making somewhere around 17k a run after 25% tax. That's about the same as a T2 Void run.

Tell me what other mission node you can go to to make 17k in 5 waves of defense. Even an alert mission usually caps at around 11k.

Edited by LazyTheGypsy

I don't even care if they have 100% credit tax I don't do those missions for credits I do them for experience and resources. I'll do some of my void keys if I want credits. And the only reason they are getting higher and higher credit tax is so they could actually have a decent battle pay when someone attacks them, which never stops. I'm not even part of eclipse but to be honest I hope they keep winning to the point where people just finally give up. And to be honest, why do survival or defense for credits? Seems like a waste of time when you can just do Tower II keys and get credits faster.

Now if they start resource taxing on a planet with orokin cells or neural sensors, that is a completely different story.

Well if you're that worried about eclipse, then team up with other alliances to take them down. Eclipse is getting a bit too greedy by having 6 or more dark sectors. It costs lots of money for them to keep the rails running so if different alliances attack each dark sector node, Eclipse will have a hard time keeping all their rails up. Also I doubt they can keep up with the extended spending it costs to get these rails if they rely on their alliance members for high taxes. If they raise taxes then no outsider would be likely to support them so that would hurt them as well. The point with dark sectors is to dominate certain areas but not be spread thin and susceptible to combined attacks.

well their alliance is made up of a multitude of different clans from shadow to moon also their founder is peopleschoicegaming who has  a large following from youtube already nad basically spends all his time playing TESO and Warframe

the founder IS NOT PCG from youtube

Edited by ENDER357

Well if you're that worried about eclipse, then team up with other alliances to take them down. Eclipse is getting a bit too greedy by having 6 or more dark sectors. It costs lots of money for them to keep the rails running so if different alliances attack each dark sector node, Eclipse will have a hard time keeping all their rails up. Also I doubt they can keep up with the extended spending it costs to get these rails if they rely on their alliance members for high taxes. If they raise taxes then no outsider would be likely to support them so that would hurt them as well. The point with dark sectors is to dominate certain areas but not be spread thin and susceptible to combined attacks.

It can be done in theory.

All members of opposing alliance will need to personal do contributions in excess of 2 million to 3 million each (that is 100 t3 games or any Dark sector game except for Eclipse) that should give them 8 billion to 12 billion war chest, but it won't sustain for long as they need to throw at least 10k credit games at a start.

Then the Alliance warlord has to ensure they have at least 2000 members all ready to attack and all members must attack a minimum of 30 times.

Edited by fatpig84

I am waiting for people to stop battle over solar rails so I can do my freaking dark sectors, nothing more annoying than having a solar rail be contested. I wouldn't mind a monopoly if the monopoly was strong enough so that people wouldn't bother contesting as it is annoying to log on, wanting to level up something I just formaed and then see every single dark sector is in conflict.

I'm trying to figure out how people complain about a 25% tax on missions that I gross about 23k a run on.

You're making somewhere around 17k a run after 25% tax. That's about the same as a T2 Void run.

Tell me what other mission node you can go to to make 17k in 5 waves of defense. Even an alert mission usually caps at around 11k.

That free DS on pluto where you can make 20k every 5 waves.

True facts right here. Come get them.

- Eclipse is made up of quite a few pretty great clans, lead by Clan Crescent Moon - which if you've been around for the past few months you'd recognize as a Clan able to consistently place well in Events they take part in. These guys have been able to go neck and neck with Warbros, a clan that makes a habit of leaving their rival behind. Crescent Moon didn't let themselves get left in the dust. They're good when they care about whats happening.

- Eclipse is justified in charging any Tax rate they see fit. Time for everyone to wake up and realize that they own that Node. The only way to change it is to take it. DE wont be intervening in what it supposed to be an Alliance Vs. Alliance affair. Once in a while I see people seeming to think it is on DE to 'fix' Eclipses territory. Not going to happen.

-  Eclipse deserves to keep every node they are capable of properly defending. Even if they owned over half the available Rails so long as they can keep all that territory and properly manage it no one has any business pretending it is unfair they've taken so much.

- Eclipse can be beaten. They just haven't been beaten yet. Clearly they want to keep their territory. You'll have to want to win as much as they do if you want to stand a chance.

- If your Clan is currently sitting back doing nothing except TALK about not liking Eclipse than you probably don't stand a ghost of a chance. Glory and Territory are going to be for the clans with the guff to go out and take their piece.

I see the Eclipse hate train is still riding strong. Please stop creating threads full of nonsense. Of course Eclipse charges tax, upkeep isnt cheap, neither is battle pay and the Alliance or anyone clan in it does not have "trillions" of credits.

I suspect they found the Infinity Gauntlet.

Not like it'll do any good. Every time someone gets their hands on it Marvel finds a way to drop the ball on the series and everything goes to crap. 

It hasn't been a productive day at Marvel comics if you haven't ruined two character relationships, killed a fan favorite and invented another excuse for someone to slaughter a bunch of Mutants over at Xavier Academy.

I'm fine with whatever credit tax might be charged. Credits can be acquired in so many other ways. Why not do Void mission when you really need credits?

The resources and the xp are what makes the Dark Sectors interesting. I'm fine with the taxes, as long as the mission stay available.

That's a hypothesis, not a fact.

Any full alliance with a 12 billion to 16 billion war chest (basically a 3m to 4m contribution from each member in a 4000 men alliance) and ready to squander them on 5 digit battle pay right from the start can seriously dent Eclipse.

Of course it helps if they have a minimum of at least 2000 members right off the bat, ready to run 20 to 30 games with 0 pay.

While there are ardent supporters of Eclipse and mercs are willing to run 2 to 3 minute games 10 to 20 times just for the 5 digit battlepay, Eclipse members themselves are extremely motivated and can do easily twice that number for 0 rewards.

Your alliance needs even more dedication if you can't afford it. It's that simple.

If that is too hard, use the same wealth and boot out the weaker clans that hold the lower end nodes, capture all the inner dark sectors on Venus, Mars, Earth etc. Then gather the same wealth and challenge Eclipse on equal footing.

This of course will lead to the rise of power blocs. Like EvE online.

Totally just as planned. 

Edited by fatpig84

Just ran a 30 minutes dark sector survival for 11k and 1 orokin cell. Neither the credit nor resource reward is attracitve enough. Once I get life strike, I'm won't bother with these silly clan épée showcase. I can get better reward joining recruit for void survival. The conflict battlepay ain't that supreme as well. I see them offering upto 10k which is still less than void reward. I couldn't imagine anyone but people farming mod actually play dark sector. If I wanna work for evil corporate I would go play RL. Adeus, the fun is over! Big shot Alliance ruin for us.

Ps: before anyone said it. I knew the credit reward didn't scale with time in survival. I just play longer to show that the resource reward also suck

Edited by Neogeo

Just ran a 30 minutes dark sector survival for 11k and 1 orokin cell. Neither the credit nor resource reward is attracitve enough. Once I get life strike, I'm won't bother with these silly clan épée showcase. I can get better reward joining recruit for void survival. The conflict battlepay ain't that supreme as well. I see them offering upto 10k which is still less than void reward. I couldn't imagine anyone but people farming mod actually play dark sector. If I wanna work for evil corporate I would go play RL. Adeus, the fun is over! Big shot Alliance ruin for us.

Ps: before anyone said it. I knew the credit reward didn't scale with time in survival. I just play longer to show that the resource reward also suck

You can run the conflict missions in 2 minutes. 10k is still a lot for something so easy and often faster than most voids. And 20k was up just today.