Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

Did I say im entitled to the free exp boost?  You are acting like I am selfish, I do agree that there NEEDS to be fighting, but WHY do they need to be locked down for days?  WHY fight for a rail when you cannot offer any type of battle pay and ALL you are doing is locking it down?  this isn't just MY opinion on the matter, alot of people feel the same way and please re-read my post because I derped it a little.

I do admit while saying this right now, I LOVE the idea of contesting nodes, its quite cool. Edit: I do know that this is content in development and i appreciate that it is even there, however this all turned into a whirlwind argument just because I feel like clans shouldn't be chipping away at the railways only making the occupant have to raise taxes for everyone else and getting the node locked down for the full duration, instead they should work to overwhelm them.  Organize clans, friends, and funds all in a gigantic effort instead of locking down the nodes and going limp with the whole effort.

I didn't say you said that. I just said you/we aren't, to the effect of my general point. Yes, all those points a very true and need to be address. You might see me talking about those some things in other threads. It's just that your first few posts up on this page come off as the complaining that people need to plainly just hold off from conflicts for what sounded like selfish reasons. I see now you're more concerned about the issues with the Dark Sectors. The points I made stop at, "There will be blood. Regardless of X and Y. Current incentives aren't meant to be the general incentives," which does touch on a little of what you just said it seems.

"WHY fight for a rail when you cannot offer any type of battle pay and ALL you are doing is locking it down?"

People just want to give the battle a shot really. There can be any number of reasons. And one glaring thing is the fact the rails are ridiculously easy to make AND the DS are worldwide. There is always a rail waiting and a person ready to place one, even if just for the lels. It's for battling, and there will be battling. The systems need to be worked on a lot more before there is better pacing, or more rhyme and reason to attacks.

25% credit is wrong? We the alliance members are paying 75% tax for the rail upkeep and do you see us complaining? 25% of your 7k credits is 1750 credits. What can you do with it? Buy yourself a bloody potato?? What will you people do on Jupiter besides farming for neural sensors? thats the main aim you are there right? do we tax you on resources?? no?? get your facts right please

Then let other clan take it. We have eyes to see that other clan can maintain the same upkeep and yet only charge 10-15% rate. While you guys raise 5% every 2-3 days. Are you trying to set a new standard? And what with the drama from the start till now? From "Game glitch so we can't keep our promise of 0%" to "Eclipse must raise the tax to stay competitive" till now "We raise the rate so we can offer better battle-pay". There's no limit to greed. One lie to another. I dare to said you guys will not satisfy till it's like 50% rate. 

I didn't say you said that. I just said you/we aren't, to the effect of my general point. Yes, all those points a very true and need to be address. You might see me talking about those some things in other threads. It's just that your first few posts up on this page come off as the complaining that people need to plainly just hold off from conflicts for what sounded like selfish reasons. I see now you're more concerned about the issues with the Dark Sectors. The points I made stop at, "There will be blood. Regardless of X and Y. Current incentives aren't meant to be the general incentives," which does touch on a little of what you just said it seems.

Yea I was in the process of editing them, kinda a bad habit I get into sometimes is submitting a post and then realizing something isn't what I truly want to say or I put it up incomplete, so its my fault for wanting to get my post out and not proof reading it appropriately.  A majority of my posts are edited because of this rofl.

Edited by Sibarian

And what happens if Eclipse does raise their credit taxes over 30%? Simple, everyone will start fighting against them in the conflicts. Even if they offer massive battle pay, it won't matter if the opposing clan says they'll have half the taxes. Because even with like 30k in Battle Pay, that's like 2, 3 runs tops in a low-tax Dark Sector mission.

signed their huge piles of credits won't do them much good if they tax TOO much, so don't worry about it.

Zylo the Wolfbane

No, it doesn't work this way. If history is any indication, people will still side with Eclipse even if the tax rate afterward is 50%. For one simple reason, they offer higher battle-pay. Is the slightly higher battle-pay justify the tax rate? That's the question. What even worse is they will set a new standard, pretty soon everyone will start to follow Eclipse rate if they haven't already

Edited by Neogeo

First I heard of it being fixed.

I guess not everyone reads all the other rail threads.

It was set that way for the first 10-12-ish hours of Sunday night's 48-hour conflicts (Easter), starting with Eris-Akkad (not at Eclipse battle).

Then it was fixed when DE returned on Monday morning. Both sides of the conflict were adjusted based on number of runs and adjusted health on Monday morning.

No side was able to get a victory in the time before it was fixed by DE so it did not affect any battle outcomes.

Then let other clan take it. We have eyes to see that other clan can maintain the same upkeep and yet only charge 10-15% rate. While you guys raise 5% every 2-3 days. Are you trying to set a new standard? And what with the drama from the start till now? From "Game glitch so we can't keep our promise of 0%" to "Eclipse must raise the tax to stay competitive" till now "We raise the rate so we can offer better battle-pay". There's no limit to greed. One lie to another. I dare to said you guys will not satisfy till it's like 50% rate. 

if that is so... why not u come challenge with your alliance? oh i am sorry... or is it because your alliance is too weak to actually fight for a dark sector node? other clans maintain the same upkeep of 10-15%.. have u seen their battepay more than 10k? or has their battles actually push over the 50% mark? nope i dont remember seeing a single one. One single conflict we have cost us about 4-5mils credits at jupiter and ceres.. 

Edited by x1aok1tty

if that is so... why not u come challenge with your alliance? oh i am sorry... or is it because your alliance is too weak to actually fight a for dark sector node? other clans maintain the same upkeep of 10-15%.. have u seen their battepay more than 10k? or has their battles actually push over the 50% mark? nope i dont remember seeing a single one. One single conflict we have cost us about 4-5mils credits at jupiter and ceres.. 

Not everyone like to show their epeen on the map. Some just wanna play the game for resource and credit. Right now, TW alliance asking for 7% in Ceres, AngelSBR and Shadow of Vengeance both at 0% in Pluto. If they can do that, Why is Eclipse raising their rate so often? 

Not everyone like to show their epeen on the map. Some just wanna play the game for resource and credit. Right now, TW alliance asking for 7% in Ceres, AngelSBR and Shadow of Vengeance both at 0% in Pluto. If they can do that, Why is Eclipse raising their rate so often? 

Because they have been challenged so much?  Because they have what... 6 rails?  I like Shadow of vengeance as well but they don't' have that many holdings on the map.

People complain because it is becoming a trend for clans to keep increasing their tax.

i dont get it. obviously the people are getting the advantage eventually.

what i'm saying is, even there are tax, they can still be covered by their 'epic battle pay'

people keep asking more when Eclipse already give them more?

i wonder who's the greedy one here?

Look at who is the troll here? Some kid whining that his alliance is unable to contest and next claiming that he just wants to lay low and be a low profile person. Like i said, these alliances that u have mentioned. What is their battlepay when in conflict and how many tickets do they actually offer? do they actually destroy the challenging alliance or ACTUALLY pushed beyond 50% at the end of the battle?

...Wait players actually play the Solar Rails?

Yea, one of the fastest ways to get credits. And if you got a rail where the battle pay is paid to the defeat of the contestant, the normal missions come up faster, because many people grab the cash.

Atm: High Battlepay = Higher frequency for a rail to have dark sector missions again. And I don't really mind higher credit taxes in these. I play them for drops, XP and resources.

Edited by catastrophy

The thing is Eclipse has proven to end conflicts fast. If their Warlords can get their asses together and get the alliance members going of course. 

Sinai has the dubious honor as the first conflict to be ended and had the most challenges to date. But yet it has rarely had a conflict lasting for 48 hours. That means, no matter the tax rate, people will head onto Sinai more often, as Sinai is opened, while the rest are still contesting.

Sinai will have more up time than any other Dark Sector, so the credits will roll on faster to Eclipse.

So other alliances will need to start ending their own conflicts much faster, either by bank rolling huge battle pays by contributions first and then tax the rails or have their alliance members to be on the ball for any confrontations.

Then after they are done, enforce huge tax rates on their own members so they can contribute to the dark sector defence. Which is exactly what Eclipse is doing.

It was fixed. As has been stated over and over.

I didn't even know the issue existed in the first place. It's good that it's all paste tense though. That makes Eclipse more interesting. Dark Sectors need interesting.

People complain because it is becoming a trend for clans to keep increasing their tax.

This trend will continue until the Clans and Alliances holding these rails all find the most comfortable Rates for them. It's all a balance between what keeps the rail alive and what keeps the players coming in. Different clans/alliances will be able to farm up and produce different results, thus they'll need to bring in different amounts of Credits and Materials to properly upkeep their Territory. 

In time it'll be simpler to single out and support clans whose abilities allow them to get away with lower taxation (because they're capable of getting by without the extra financial help).

Rather the devil you know than the devil you don't...

I'd prefer having Eclipse then some other shady bunch take over.

Edit: They probably wouldn't have to keep raising taxes if people stopped picking fights with them all the time and spreading what I feel to be a lot of nonsense. I'm not a part of Eclipse but this just rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by Sutherland

Frankly, I'm not sure how even a 25% tax is high enough to fund the rails if they get attacked hard. How many attacks does it take, to kill off an opposing rail? Ten thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How much battle pay do you need to make it worth your while to help during the contested phase? Five thousand credits?

Let's say it takes 10,000 attacks (I'm guessing that's waaaay low) to kill off a rail, and you want 5K credits to do it. That would mean they're shelling out 50 million credits to kill off the enemy rail. I don't know what it takes to repair a rail, but I'm guessing it ain't cheap.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would do Dark Sector Defense/Survival for credits anyway. I do them for exp and the mods that are only available there. If I want credits, I go run a few quick void captures or exterminates.