The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

If there is one thing I can never agree with you on, Blatant, it's this.

Well actually you're right about "hey if you can pull it of you have a right a brag about it and raise yourself up some."

But what I don't agree with is just ignoring how far Warbros took it sometimes, and disregarding the fact that many were just plain stuck up pricks about those wins. I don't equate having a right to be proud with being jerks and being untasteful about the bragging. It wasn't all of them like that (obviously, I mean you're a member) ,but there is such a thing as "out of line" with this kind of thing that many did indeed take it to.

When it doesn't get to the point of being totally out of line, I suppose it's up to the person if they want to etch so close to it that they just tick off everyone regardless. Wrong or not why would you want to keep a rep like that?

But anyway, I haven't seen to much of eclipse actually being like that. I just see a big dog being silly and running into fences.

It's my fence and I'll run into it if I want to damnit! 

It's kinda funny how much of a "vicious cycle" the whole dark sector thing is.  Eclipse gets some rails and puts up a tax so that they can repair damages from the endless assaults against them.  People are annoyed by this and work harder to try and bring them down so Eclipse has to raise the tax in order to keep up with repairs and battle pays. 

Dark sectors are really a no win scenario for an alliance.  Put down a reasonable tax to pay for damages people inflict on your rail and they get all uppity and scream about how unfair that is and start attacking you more.  Go the whole no tax route and while people won't attack your rail as hard, you also won't have decent battle pays for mercs to end the assaults quickly and you have to pay any damages to your rail out of your own pocket.

Unless you own certain nodes and then if you have a reliable 0% tax rate and people think they can trust you then as you've seen before... it works wonderfully.

waa i love this Eclipse alliance :D

not because they have big name nor the epic battle pay.

i love them because they make this rail conflict system a bit more interesting :D

because it would have been boring with the repetitive sabotage mission with 0 credit battle pay.

you hate them, you play the rail conflict mission.

you love them, you play the rail conflict mission.

everyone play rail conflict mission :D

Eclipse somehow saved DE (a bit) from the angry community about this system

If there is one thing I can never agree with you on, Blatant, it's this.

Well actually you're right about "hey if you can pull it of you have a right a brag about it and raise yourself up some."

But what I don't agree with is just ignoring how far Warbros took it sometimes, and disregarding the fact that many were just plain stuck up pricks about those wins. I don't equate having a right to be proud with being jerks and being untasteful about the bragging. It wasn't all of them like that (obviously, I mean you're a member) ,but there is such a thing as "out of line" with this kind of thing that many did indeed take it to.

When it doesn't get to the point of being totally out of line, I suppose it's up to the person if they want to etch so close to it that they just tick off everyone regardless. Wrong or not why would you want to keep a rep like that?

But anyway, I haven't seen to much of eclipse actually being like that. I just see a big dog being silly and running into fences.

Because in any mmo. The big guy is always demonized as villians.

Since no cares about how good you are or your attempts to clarify yourself.

Might as well be the villian they all want.

i love them because they make this rail conflict system a bit more interesting :D

because it would have been boring with the repetitive sabotage mission with 0 credit battle pay.

You get it! You see the truth!

And it is a glorious truth!

only because they attacked the wrong node :P

one that people actually care about.

You're damn right Remember Martialis.

qVoEETA.jpg

Remember it, for it was the location of the most sickening of all betrayals.

It was there, on Martialis, that our own kin - Tenno who we knew as allies - committed an atrocity. Aided and abetted a WAR CRIME in the name of profit.

I think, my friends, that this should come as no surprise!

For who is the source of the Alliance Eclipse? Who else. Clan Crescent Moon. Champions and puppets of the Corpus Board of Directors. Conspirators who would sell off our own sleeping brethren to madmen like Alad V.

Remember Martialis. Never again!

Tenno promoted a war crime of supporting slavery! When we should be the wardens, and Guardians of the people! The Corpus are merchants! Even if they are greedy... No one deserves slavery. Not even the hard working individuals of Corpus who work hard even to death to bring home the bacon to their kids.

Remember Martialis. Because their children will remember the heros who fought to save them all!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

-Optimus Prime

Edited by Arlayn

You get it! You see the truth!

And it is a glorious truth!

The problem is a great deal of people just want to do the dark sectors. They have no interest in what DE's intent and goals with this are. Let's face it these conflicts help add much needed depth and personality.

Tenno promoted a war crime of supporting slavery! When we should be the wardens, and Guardians of the people! The Corpus are merchants! Even if they are greedy... No one deserves slavery. Not even the hard working individuals of Corpus who work hard even to death to bring home the bacon to their kids.

Remember Martialis. Because their children will remember the heros who fought to save them all!

Tell me, who was saved? Surely you don't mean the Corpus Crew who played a role in the capture and dissection of Tenno - for the purpose of creating weapons I might add.

I see through your circular talk, Corpus spy! It is the victor who writes History after all. Ruk took the victory in the end and returned to the Tenno as many of the sleeping brothers and sisters Alad V attempted to experiment on as could be found. 

Do not forget the stain on your honor, Tenno. You may have had the right to choose - but it is written in history that in the end you chose wrong.

The problem is a great deal of people just want to do the dark sectors. They have no interest in what DE's intent and goals with this are. Let's face it these conflicts help add much needed depth and personality.

Yes they do. Agreed. I want the community to be able to have fun with this part in the long run. If it can be helped at least. This sort of thing can strengthen ties in an Alliance. This sort of thing can help you become truly proud of what you represent. I think more people should seek to build that for themselves.

This was DE's plan all along.

To watch us stab eachother in the back, and laugh.

Who doesn't like a little intrigue, right?

Tell me, who was saved? Surely you don't mean the Corpus Crew who played a role in the capture and dissection of Tenno - for the purpose of creating weapons I might add.

I see through your circular talk, Corpus spy! It is the victor who writes History after all. Ruk took the victory in the end and returned to the Tenno as many of the sleeping brothers and sisters Alad V attempted to experiment on as could be found. 

Do not forget the stain on your honor, Tenno. You may have had the right to choose - but it is written in history that in the end you chose wrong.

We are Tenno. We have a duty to defend those of the solar system from Oppression, and slavery. Whether good or evil. The choice of sacrifice is one we choose to protect the Corpus. They live lives... Work dangerous jobs. How many times have you ever gone on an exterminate and wondered if one of the crewmen had to take that job in order to feed their kids. You had a mission to kill them, but don't you think you owe to their family to protect them from the Grineer when no one can?

Whether good, or evil... No one deserves slavery! As a TRUE Tenno I fight in the name of sacrifice... It was a necessary sacrifice to bring peace to the planet of Mars. We did manage to secure some locations at the very least. Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing... but when it does you are usually never ready. At that time Many Tenno had to make a choice. Whether it was the right one can leave many in debate for many centuries. However we must always remember all sentient beings have a right to freedom.

Now in this time of need to keep 0% taxes we are faced with a terrible dilemma. We must remember "No Sacrifice, No Victory".

Edited by Arlayn

We are Tenno. We have a duty to defend those of the solar system from Oppression, and slavery. Whether good or evil. The choice of sacrifice is one we choose to protect the Corpus. They live lives... Work dangerous jobs. How many times have you ever gone on an exterminate and wondered if one of the crewmen had to take that job in order to feed their kids. You had a mission to kill them, but don't you think you owe to their family to protect them from the Grineer when no one can?

Whether good, or evil... No one deserves slavery! As a TRUE Tenno I fight in the name of sacrifice... It was a necessary sacrifice to bring peace to the planet of Mars. We did manage to secure some locations at the very least. Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing... but when it does you are usually never ready. At that time Many Tenno had to make a choice. Whether it was the right one can leave many in debate for many centuries. However we must always remember all sentient beings have a right to freedom.

Now in this time of need to keep 0% taxes we are faced with a terrible dilemma. We must remember "No Sacrifice, No Victory".

Remind me how we slayed a scientist that can potentially stop the grineer from going moar stupid or possibly reverse the batsh1t insaness of them because he had an Ash Blueprint :p

Word on the street says that A TON of people were upset with Eclipse's decision to expand, a large group of anti-Eclipse followers ensued as people feverishly worked to dismantle the foundation of what could have very well been the funding needed to set a new standard increase in that epic battle pay.....

When asked how they felt in regards to this failed attempt some warlords had a few things to say.

(quotes from an anonymous group of Warlords in Eclipse)

"This is truly a learning experience, not just for Eclipse but for all the people involved, we all took a great deal from this ill fated endeavor"

".....I congratulate them for their moral fortitude, money would not sway them, regardless if the initial push to defame us was born out of jealousy and hate"

"To the victor go the spoils"

(end quotes)

Yes, it seems that Eclipse may have expanded too quickly, alarming those already unsure on how they feel about the use of game mechanics intended for use in such a way....at any cost Eclipse as an alliance only offers good will and sportsmanship after the outcome of tonight's big event!

Until next time....

-Breaking News Team

Edited by 2ply

Remind me how we slayed a scientist that can potentially stop the grineer from going moar stupid or possibly reverse the batsh1t insaness of them because he had an Ash Blueprint :p

Actually there's more to it than that. Lotus mentions that free from the genetic defect issue that the Grineer would likely overwhelm and conquer the system.

Actually there's more to it than that. Lotus mentions that free from the genetic defect issue that the Grineer would likely overwhelm and conquer the system.

I would happily served Ruk if he became the God Emprah of teh Grineer.

That would mean him killing off Hek, G3 etc.

Which I am sure he won't mind.

Who or what is Eclipse? I don't follow the unimportant stuff in the game and forums, sorry. Can someone explain?

Edit: Since the kids don't get it without a hint: --> /sarcasm off

*rolleyes*

Edited by Namacyst