The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

you still didn't say which node. different sectors give out different rewards. without stating which specific node you are just perpetuating the "eclipse is evil tax greedy".

Are you sure the dark sector reward is different based on the individual planet? If you really need a node name, I was playing at Jupiter-sinai when I received the 12k reward.

Are you sure the dark sector reward is different based on the individual planet? If you really need a node name, I was playing at Jupiter-sinai when I received the 12k reward.

They most certainly do give out different rewards.

Yes, it's different, obviously. It scales with enemy tiers much like all other nodes/voids do.

Sinai has 7,000 base. End mission is doubled. So 14,000. +1,000 for each additional tenno in your squad. So net is 17,000, 25% of which is taxed.

You end up with 17,000 x 0.75 = 12,750

Yes, it's different, obviously. It scales with enemy tiers much like all other nodes/voids do.

Sinai has 7,000 base. End mission is doubled. So 14,000. +1,000 for each additional tenno in your squad. So net is 17,000, 25% of which is taxed.

You end up with 17,000 x 0.75 = 12,750

no, it's actually +10% of base credit reward for each extra tenno

I think that it would be best for DE to just come out and say that under no circumstances will they ever Sponsor the Eclipse Allience or its members over the rest of the community, EVER. 

Eclipse managed to get a head start on this Dark Zone thing and then there is the armistice purportedly because they are finding it hard to hold everything they grabbed, I dunno the details but I can say that If it ever came out that Eclipse had been favoured by the Devs  then that would be the point where I left the game for good.

Just saying is all, I have seen this sort of thing before in other online games and for me it was their death nail

Edited by LeMoog

Okay, while I was far from on Eclipses side on the Pluto mess saying the armistice is due to them is false. This was before people noticed specters dropped some good mods and was sick of the fact the nodes were at war more than they were open to be played as survival/defense missions. Armistice was there to give people a bigger window to play such missions not to help an alliance hang onto a majority of rails.

Looks like enough people remembered how dark sectors work and ran against Eclipse which actually accomplished what they wanted where whining on the forums didn't, and the sector is still held by the people it was previously held by.

Implying that the "whining" on the forums wasn't an integral part of mobilizing an unorganized resistance. Propaganda works both ways.

By raising awareness and educating people on the value of lower tax versus higher battle pay, Eclipse was not just defeated, they were demolished. Their morale was so low following Gabii they barely even participated for Sechura.

I think that it would be best for DE to just come out and say that under no circumstances will they ever Sponsor the Eclipse Allience or its members over the rest of the community, EVER. 

Eclipse managed to get a head start on this Dark Zone thing and then there is the armistice purportedly because they are finding it hard to hold everything they grabbed, I dunno the details but I can say that If it ever came out that Eclipse had been favoured by the Devs  then that would be the point where I left the game for good.

Just saying is all, I have seen this sort of thing before in other online games and for me it was their death nail

Armistice was added cause otherwise all the sectors were in conflict state most of the time, blocking people from playing. It was requested by everyone to have sectors open for longer periods. 

Yep you are right :) nobody was late that night on workdays. As often mentioned above the attack was only a test.

It works both ways. If no one is online at that time to help Eclipse, no one is online to help SoV as well. The fact that Eclipse was so soundly beaten regardless shows that the community is able to look at things in the long term.

Kay... don't go for the "They didn't really try." thing, 10K battlepay at the start of it says they had hoped it'd work. Was it full force? No probably not. But don't go with the "only kidding! We didn't really want it, promise."

It works both ways. If no one is online at that time to help Eclipse, no one is online to help SoV as well. The fact that Eclipse was so soundly beaten regardless shows that the community is able to look at things in the long term.

Nope, it does not work the other way around ^^. Eclipse defend their rail mostly with full strength and mobilize to all times enough players to participate and look over battle-pay plans. Yesterday they not even announced any attack groups (green alliance alert). 

On the other side, multiple big alliance prepared to defend this nodes with maximum strength (to be sure about their own farming spot I guess).

As far as I heard nobody cared about this attack. They posted it only to see how much defense this nodes can get. As I said in my previous post, Eclipse is not really interested in Pluto at all - they want Ceres.

Kay... don't go for the "They didn't really try." thing, 10K battlepay at the start of it says they had hoped it'd work. Was it full force? No probably not. But don't go with the "only kidding! We didn't really want it, promise."

10k-15k is the standard amount that they post.

I seem to recall them upping the battle pay up to 60k at Sechura at one point. Or 50k, can't recall exactly, but i am sure they pushed it higher than 10k for a while.

The battle for Ceres - Gabii was even more interesting - players have reported seeing 200k battle pay when the conflict got heated.

Basically, the higher you go when it comes to planet tiers, the less credits mean to players. For people that just hit something like Jupiter or Saturn, 10k battle pay will be very enticing. We all know how tough it is to be a new player. But other players that consistently farm high-level content?

They won't get even close to hyped up about 10k, 15k or even 50k battle pay because they know other, more reliable ways to get money consistently. Ways that won't cost them any kind of tax in the long run. One of the best these days is Sechura-Pluto. Hell, most of the people that can do Pluto and Ceres missions tend to walk around with a couple of million in their pockets anyway these days. I farmed up 2 million since yesterday by just powerleveling primaries on Sechura to Forma them.

Not to mention that battle pay can be reduced mid-mission. You start the mission while something is on 20k battle pay and end up with a mere 5k at the end because the clan/alliance changed it. It's just not reliable and most importantly not available all the time.

Edited by Yurilica

Armistice was added cause otherwise all the sectors were in conflict state most of the time, blocking people from playing. It was requested by everyone to have sectors open for longer periods. 

I didnt request anything of the sort, I take it what you actually intended to say was it was requested by everyone currently holding a Dark Zone, lol so no vested interests there then. 

Look, here is reality...

Eclipse - Before Armistice 4 Rails, after Armistice 8 rails or more. They more than doubled in size after Armistice, tell me where's the Justice?

How many damn planets can you choose? Good luck everyone, the second they win they choose Armistice? The whole time everyone was trying to work the Solar Rail issue out, Eclipse was just taking full advantage and raping and pillaging? I am starting to feel they know someone in the front office. So now out of what, 5000 clans they sneak attack during discussions into 1/3 of all rails while crying foul? Give me a break, I think we should all just delete our Orkin lab, soon as Eclipse starts to fail they will offer a new fix to protect them, were fighting a loosing battle. I can't even try to deploy 1 Rail and my clan mates are literally boiling mad at DE for the continued injustice over these issues. First 24, then 72, then 96 hours, then Armistice, where does it end, lets just give Eclipse the whole thing. Armistice simply guaranteed them success, sad man, very sad...

How many real wars can you claim Armistice and every single Day? Wait were loosing, lets stop 1 day so we can strengthen?

Earth - Coba

Satun  - Picanis / Caracol 

Sedna - Armana

Ceres - Semini

Europa - Larzac

Jupiter - Cameria / Sanai

Edited by Terry3373

10k-15k is the standard amount that they post.

Right, the standard. In areas where they wish to win. If they were doing it out of some compassion to ensure it stayed free for all and only attacking so someone else couldn't they wouldn't of offered one at all.

The battle for Ceres - Gabii was even more interesting - players have reported seeing 200k battle pay.

This is the point I speak of^^. Ceres was the real target - and they tried it only with BP and without player-force. A test to be sure, that it won't work the easy way.

Look, here is reality...

Eclipse - Before Armistice 4 Rails, after Armistice 8 rails or more. They more than doubled in size after Armistice, tell me where's the Justice?

Eclipse had from the very beginning 8 rails - 2 of them switched positions. Take real facts =)

If you want to feel unfair threatened, you will.

Edited by AtLasVegas-EGT-

I seem to recall them upping the battle pay up to 60k there at one point. And still getting stomped.

The battle for Ceres - Gabii was even more interesting - players have reported seeing 200k battle pay.

I can vouch for that. I received one of those from TW Alliance about 1/3 or 1/2 way through. I thought someone must have misplaced a zero.

Right, the standard. In areas where they wish to win. If they were doing it out of some compassion to ensure it stayed free for all and only attacking so someone else couldn't they wouldn't of offered one at all.

I haven't said that Eclipse had no wish to win - no they don't joke around. But they made nothing to be sure they will. They just tried the easy way and tested if it is possible to win by only using the BP.

-snip-

How long till you figure you guys will be on the offensive again? 

I'm always interested in the next batch of action.

Besides that, I'm curious, now that Eclipse has given the Offensive a run do you have any particular opinions about being the Attacker instead of the Defender? Any preference? I'm cool with personal opinions. I figure talk like this might as well happen, right?