The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Vs Rhino Prime (Why Choose The Prime Version?)

hades9511

Question

Hello Everyone

I see people are buying Rhino prime BP's for 70-100 plat.

Please can some one tell me why??

Was just goin through the wiki for both the warframes

Links

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rhino_(Warframe)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rhino/Prime

The only difference between both of them is that prime has a 0.1 higher sprint and an additional tactic polarity slot.

Rest of the stats seem to be the same.

So why not just farm Rhino and use forma on a slot to make it tactical polarity??

Seems simpler, cheaper and overall easier.

Would appreciate a response pls.

Am I missing something?? Is Rhino prime in such demand bcoz there are hidden stats or is it because it is a rare frame??

Slightly faster, better looking (subjective), additional polarity. 

Additionally, it's a mark that you've not only made it to the current endgame in warframe, but that you got something out of it. Except, of course, you just used money instead.

Which is why I'm not the biggest fan of prime bp trading; it basically enables someone to what is basically the endgame of warframe. But whatever, I guess we're supposed be to getting a REAL endgame at some point.

Edited by michaelwii

Well hes a lot of players favorite so thats a big reason, also hes the new prime and everybody likes primes. I recommend getting the original rhino first to see if you like how he plays and go from there. Rhino prime is a direct upgrade to rhino and youd be surprised how big of a difference 0.1 faster movement speed makes

Rhino Prime can run as fast as Loki with Vanguard Helmet.

Also "swag"

Rhino already could do that with the vanguard helmet.

Nah Rhino prime is friggin faster with Vanguard helmet (seriously 0.1 is a lot)

The helmet provides +25%, giving an .025 speed with the helmet. The amount gained is negligible, thus your theory is invalid

Also, haven't you ever wanted to fight enemies while wearing solid gold armor?

Edited by RespectTheInternet

Rhino already could do that with the vanguard helmet.

The helmet provides +25%, giving an .025 speed with the helmet. The amount gained is negligible, thus your theory is invalid

Also, haven't you ever wanted to fight enemies while wearing solid gold armor?

Rhino Prime has base speed of 1.0.

A 25% increase is 0.25

Therefore net speed = 1.25 which puts Rhino Prime essentially at the same speed of a Loki.

Rhino has base speed of 0.9

25% increase is 0.225

Net speed = 1.13

There is a difference of at least 0.12

The speed difference is significant

Rhino Prime has base speed of 1.0.

A 25% increase is 0.25

Therefore net speed = 1.25 which puts Rhino Prime essentially at the same speed of a Loki.

Rhino has base speed of 0.9

25% increase is 0.225

Net speed = 1.13

There is a difference of at least 0.12

The speed difference is significant

Thankyou good sir for pointing out the flaw (big one) of his argument.

May be Respect the internet is suffering the case of cognitive dissonance that he wasnt able to complete

rhino prime set so he's trying to say rhino prime is bad?

From psychological view it seems as such.

Edited by saiou

Hello Everyone

Links

The only difference between both of them is that prime has a 0.1 higher sprint and an additional tactic polarity slot.

So why not just farm Rhino and use forma on a slot to make it tactical polarity??

Am I missing something?? Is Rhino prime in such demand bcoz there are hidden stats or is it because it is a rare frame??

Because most people that play games are lazy idiots

Lazy because they rather buy the parts instead of playing the game and getting them

Idiots because they're buying the parts instead ofj just buying the frame from the market

Hello Everyone

Links

I don't know why people are spending that much on the BP. The only time I spent plats was for the Chassis, since it can only be obtained in Survival, and that was a pain. Every other Voids was easy.

Rhino Prime, like you said, isn't really anything special aside from the ability to gain energy from the void spheres (those laser/quake traps) that all primes have. It also has the iconic gold trims that all primes have, and this prime frame is probably the only one at the moment, where one of it's skill covers it in gold (not-changeable, and when you use Iron Skin).

if there is Armour 2.0..

is prime warframe would have better defence, speed etc?

or

normal frames have less def and speed? 

people before copy the warframe from orokin? if yes, there is possibility that they enhance the warframe...so I could not say primes are better than normal?.... 

For those of us who have jobs and a life, endlessly grinding and farming all day and night does not make us lazy or idiots. There is a reason someone once said, 'Work smarter, not harder'. Some people can't afford to buy from the market or trading tab, or don't want to spend the money and plat, and choose to grind and farm. No problem, that's their style and choice. For others, we already have a job and playing a game to work at it doesn't appeal to us. We play to have fun and relax, we play for the enjoyment, without a particular agenda. Some people can do it, others get burned out and wonder why they are bored or don't have fun playing. I particularly don't find enjoyment burning through 100 keys and endless hours, only to end up without the item I wanted in the first place. Then people get frustrated and complain about the RNG, drop tables, why can't this happen more often . . .  why? Where's the fun and pleasure in that? It's a game, plain and simple. Whatever your style, live and let live.

For those of us who have jobs and a life, endlessly grinding and farming all day and night does not make us lazy or idiots. There is a reason someone once said, 'Work smarter, not harder'. Some people can't afford to buy from the market or trading tab, or don't want to spend the money and plat, and choose to grind and farm. No problem, that's their style and choice. For others, we already have a job and playing a game to work at it doesn't appeal to us. We play to have fun and relax, we play for the enjoyment, without a particular agenda. Some people can do it, others get burned out and wonder why they are bored or don't have fun playing. I particularly don't find enjoyment burning through 100 keys and endless hours, only to end up without the item I wanted in the first place. Then people get frustrated and complain about the RNG, drop tables, why can't this happen more often . . .  why? Where's the fun and pleasure in that? It's a game, plain and simple. Whatever your style, live and let live.

agreed to this

@kscott190

1)  I guess you play games too.

2)  RNG is a troll so you can always trade unwanted items for plat and then trade that plat for the items you want; doing so is anything but lazy due to the horrid trade chat.

3)  Where is Rhino Prime sold on the market?  Seriously, show me where any prime frame/weapon is for sale on the market.  Who's an idiot again?

EDIT:  And LOL at anyone trying to say that Rhino is the same as Rhino Prime.  The 0.1 speed difference is significant as it becomes 12.5% with the Vanguad helm and makes Rhino Prime tied for the fastest frame in the game without Volt's Speed bonus.  It is a shame too because this is the first Prime that is completely superior to it's non-prime counterpart, which makes it unbalanced.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph