The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Vs Rhino Prime (Why Choose The Prime Version?)

hades9511

Question

Hello Everyone

I see people are buying Rhino prime BP's for 70-100 plat.

Please can some one tell me why??

Was just goin through the wiki for both the warframes

Links

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rhino_(Warframe)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rhino/Prime

The only difference between both of them is that prime has a 0.1 higher sprint and an additional tactic polarity slot.

Rest of the stats seem to be the same.

So why not just farm Rhino and use forma on a slot to make it tactical polarity??

Seems simpler, cheaper and overall easier.

Would appreciate a response pls.

Am I missing something?? Is Rhino prime in such demand bcoz there are hidden stats or is it because it is a rare frame??

The reason  I upgraded to the prime was I had the chassis drop and just needed the BP and had the plat for it. Beside that it is gold. Despite my love for my loki Rhino is probably the best all around frame there is. It feels weird not having one so why not get the best model?

K, so its basically Swag.

Nvm then. Am happy with Loki :D

You have to spend so much time and/or plat getting it for mastery xp anyway. Why keep the regular and toss away the Prime? That would be idiotic. True there is not much of a difference, but it IS actually better than the original so if you need both anyway.... why would you keep the original?

@kscott190

1)  I guess you play games too.

2)  RNG is a troll so you can always trade unwanted items for plat and then trade that plat for the items you want; doing so is anything but lazy due to the horrid trade chat.

3)  Where is Rhino Prime sold on the market?  Seriously, show me where any prime frame/weapon is for sale on the market.  Who's an idiot again?

EDIT:  And LOL at anyone trying to say that Rhino is the same as Rhino Prime.  The 0.1 speed difference is significant as it becomes 12.5% with the Vanguad helm and makes Rhino Prime tied for the fastest frame in the game without Volt's Speed bonus.  It is a shame too because this is the first Prime that is completely superior to it's non-prime counterpart, which makes it unbalanced.

1) That made no sense

2) I know RNG is a P.I.T.A but i'm not talking about people that trade unwanted parts for plat, I was actually talking about people that buy plat to buy these parts

3) https://warframe.com/prime-access

I honestly don't like the look of the primes. Especially Frost prime.

Frost Prime looks cool as heck!! But I understand your point of view. Maybe you don't like all those "antlers" and protusions, makes him look old and an ancient oracle. Maybe your more of the ninja style. Still, I think he looks cool as meatballs.

@kscott190

Funny that Prime Access isn't available through the market for PC either.  Anyway, who cares if players support DE, want to gamble with the RNG, or trade for it?  That doesn't make them idiots because they want to use previously traded/purchased/won plat for purchasing the parts instead of grinding for them.  Besides, most grind until they can't take the RNG trolling them any longer and trade for the final parts they need.  That hardly sounds like a stupid decision given the tedious nature of the RNG.  Why such hostility for players that are simply trying to acquire the newest Prime frame?

Seems pretty cheap if you take the price of buying normal Rhino from the market with Plat.

I did buy Prime Access.  Not because I was desperate to get Rhino Pr, I needed Plat for other stuff and I worked out with the 90 day boosters and the rest of the stuff that for me at that time it was worth while.  Still have no regrets and for the first time since the beginning I have credits to spare and ranking Frames and gear is much faster.

Inb4platdiscounts never had more than 20% ever I waited and waited and waited and eventually gave up.

using his ability yes but just pure sprint? I have volt and i don't think he's faster, but i guess every player has an old style to make them look faster, who knows

Well the other person said that volt using speed would disagree right?

I said, if they were in the same party and volt did use speed, then rhino prime with the maxed rush and vanguard helmet would still win (obviously). But....yeah.....