Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Rly Need More Reduce

Vernoc

. i only want the opportunity to play it non-stop

This is a pretty unreasonable sounding request when you put it like that.

Drop a DPS mod, and use that for higher ammo cap. Then equip Ammo mutator.

That way, you're effectively reducing the % of your mag you're bursting with each click.

And, why don't you use Critical Delay mod?

This is a pretty unreasonable sounding request when you put it like that.

Drop a DPS mod, and use that for higher ammo cap. Then equip Ammo mutator.

That way, you're effectively reducing the % of your mag you're bursting with each click.

And, why don't you use Critical Delay mod?

later i formulated it better, i want to play longer then a few secunds/min bevor its out of amo

i use crit delay and amo transmute and then its "ok" but a want the possibility to put e.g a pure reduce rof mod in or other dual reduce rof mods

later i formulated it better, i want to play longer then a few secunds/min bevor its out of amo

i use crit delay and amo transmute and then its "ok" but a want the possibility to put e.g a pure reduce rof mod in or other dual reduce rof mods

I understand. It's a pretty niche request though bc most players want nothing other than to maximize DPS. Also, you can just fire shorter bursts, or not fight against low level enemies.

It's a bit like asking for a mod to make slide attacks shorter. It might make it slightly easier to hit enemies, but the real answer is to learn to time them better.

I understand. It's a pretty niche request though bc most players want nothing other than to maximize DPS. Also, you can just fire shorter bursts, or not fight against low level enemies.

It's a bit like asking for a mod to make slide attacks shorter. It might make it slightly easier to hit enemies, but the real answer is to learn to time them better.

true, but for exampel the amprex is (without delay) imo not usable

mod a weapon right, put dmg mods out and instead a reduce rof mod in ( in the case of the amprex playing with only 74% crit rate) is something that u have to learn too

and if (imo) a gun is without a reduce rof mod useless, i want the best possibel mod to make it good/usefull

yes u are right , tapfire and short burst are RLY necessary, but sometimes it´s not enaugh

Edited by Vernoc-EGT-

mod a weapon right, put dmg mods out and instead a reduce rof mod in ( in the case of the amprex playing with only about 80% crit rate) is something that u have to learn too

and if (imo) a gun is without a reduce rof mod useless, i want the best possibel mod to make it good/usefull

yes u are right , tapfire and short burst are RLY necessary, but sometimes it´s not enaugh

I don't have the amprex yet (still building the last feldron) but it has the same RoF as the Grakata, which is one of my favorite guns (4 forma). I just tapfire and use Ammo mutation. I don't end up with ammo issues with Grak usually...so I think I'll be able to handle Amprex also.

I do get what you're saying, but.....honestly its more a playstyle thing. Critical Delay on the Amprex will take the RoF down to 14 shots/second, which is lower than the Soma.

In a perfect world, you'd get a mod like you're asking for. This, unfortunately, is not that world. Sorry bro!

(without delay) imo not usable

imo not usable

imo

You said it yourself... Your Opinion.

Remind me why, again, we should make 2 mods based solely on your opinion? The weapon is clearly a powerful weapon you use in bursts, just like the Furis and the Vipers. You whip em out when something needs to die RIGHT NOW. Otherwise you use one of your other two weapons that will do the job just fine. You're not meant to use it exclusively during a long mission.

They give you a 3-weapon loadout for a reason.

but it has the same RoF as the Grakata,

I've done whole missions with the Grakata before, albeit low-level missions because... well, the Grakata is not known for being the strongest weapon in the game.

The OP needs to learn how to lightly tap the keys.

Edited by Xylia

I don't have the amprex yet (still building the last feldron) but it has the same RoF as the Grakata, which is one of my favorite guns (4 forma). I just tapfire and use Ammo mutation. I don't end up with ammo issues with Grak usually...so I think I'll be able to handle Amprex also.

I do get what you're saying, but.....honestly its more a playstyle thing. Critical Delay on the Amprex will take the RoF down to 14 shots/second, which is lower than the Soma.

In a perfect world, you'd get a mod like you're asking for. This, unfortunately, is not that world. Sorry bro!

hope u are false ;)

yeah for grakata it works great

40-50 min t3 surv non-stop playing and u have still nearly full amo

btw grakata behaves not like amprex, grakata tapfire is op , amprex tapfire isn´t rly usefull cause

- the lightning doens´t hit then more then 1 enemy (and the chain is the biggest advantage of the amprex)

-like synaps and ignis dmd only counts in burst ( tapfire means no dmg counter/nodmg)

for myself i play it like grakata with delay and transmute and it works "ok".But it only works okay cause we already have a mod like i want

i think there will be more of this fast weapons and gaving us mods to control them better, put a reduce rof mod is which fits for weapons better then crit/rrof (e.g proc/rrof, pure rrof) is only fair

You said it yourself... Your Opinion.

Remind me why, again, we should make 2 mods based solely on your opinion? The weapon is clearly a powerful weapon you use in bursts, just like the Furis and the Vipers. You whip em out when something needs to die RIGHT NOW. Otherwise you use one of your other two weapons that will do the job just fine. You're not meant to use it exclusively during a long mission.

They give you a 3-weapon loadout for a reason.

I've done whole missions with the Grakata before, albeit low-level missions because... well, the Grakata is not known for being the strongest weapon in the game.

3.The OP needs to learn how to lightly tap the keys.

1.no,its not only my opinion. This the opinion of many people, i was only the one who asked for it

i say "imo" cause this is a topic where u can´t say " everyone needs this" " everyone has to behave like i do" the "imo" has to show that the mods i want to have is not something that everyone wants to have and everyone must have.

and like i said bevore this mods are not only for rly long play, they have to come  to make some weapons more friendly and usable

look for the amprex, without crit delay u can´t rly play it and fun u don´t have too

2.grakata is one of the strongest weapons

3. and i have to say again , look the amprex, tapfire this weapon is USELESS

Edited by Vernoc-EGT-

DE´s please release more reduce rof singel- and dual mods

we need them cause some weapons have much to high fire rate and that makes them for longer missions unplayabel (ammo transmute doesn´t helps enaugh)

sure, some people argue with dps is all,lower fire rate is bad and they don´t need reduce rof mods, but why u want to overkill? who cares for dps if the proc chance is bad or for what u need dps if ur weapon have after 1-2 sec no ammo?

First let me point out that fire rate has absolutely nothing to do with ammo efficiency. How fast you fire bullets strictly affects your DPS, not your ammo effeciency. The only reason you would want less fire rate is if you personally need a slower fire rate to help you control burst fire.

That being said, ammo efficiency is directly related to damage per shot. So weapons that have less damage per shot (which usually have higher fire rates) are less ammo efficient. So instead of requesting slower fire rates (which is only detrimental to your killing power, and would not make it take any less bullets to kill anything) you should use a higher damage per shot gun, or maximize your damage per shot on your fast firing gun. Keep in mind that the slower firing, higher damage guns general have less DPS over all, since their increase in damage isn't enough to overcome the loss of firerate DPS wise. Generally you trade pure DPS for ammo efficiency when choosing a gun.

In the case of the Amprex, It is the higher DPS, lower ammo efficiency brother of the Synapse. Mind you, that is when you are hitting  a single target with both. The Amprex can hit multiple targets, and when it is, its ammo efficiency is actually better than the synapse, despite firing much faster. My suggestion is to just stack as much damage as you can on the Amprex, that way you can kill with shorter shorter bursts, and thus use elss ammo. Lowering the fire rate won't help you running out of ammo, since it will take you the same amount of ammo to kill a given enemy regardless of how fast it is fired.

Edited by Ashnal

First let me point out that fire rate has absolutely nothing to do with ammo efficiency. How fast you fire bullets strictly affects your DPS, not your ammo effeciency. The only reason you would want less fire rate is if you personally need a slower fire rate to help you control burst fire.

That being said, ammo efficiency is directly related to damage per shot. So weapons that have less damage per shot (which usually have higher fire rates) are less ammo efficient. So instead of requesting slower fire rates (which is only detrimental to your killing power, and would not make it take any less bullets to kill anything) you should use a higher damage per shot gun, or maximize your damage per shot on your fast firing gun. Keep in mind that the slower firing, higher damage guns general have less DPS over all, since their increase in damage isn't enough to overcome the loss of firerate DPS wise. Generally you trade pure DPS for ammo efficiency when choosing a gun.

In the case of the Amprex, It is the higher DPS, lower ammo efficiency brother of the Synapse. Mind you, that is when you are hitting  a single target with both. The Amprex can hit multiple targets, and when it is, its ammo efficiency is actually better than the synapse, despite firing much faster. My suggestion is to just stack as much damage as you can on the Amprex, that way you can kill with shorter shorter bursts, and thus use elss ammo. Lowering the fire rate won't help you running out of ammo, since it will take you the same amount of ammo to kill a given enemy regardless of how fast it is fired.

not true at all

indirect is fire rate related with ammo efficiency cause with to fast weapons u just overkill all the time and waste much ammo

with amprex , well, i don´t use max dmg build , imo its better if i use the two dual elemental mods instead of the 90%mods

not true at all

indirect is fire rate related with ammo efficiency cause with to fast weapons u just overkill all the time and waste much ammo

with amprex , well, i don´t use max dmg build , imo its better if i use the two dual elemental mods instead of the 90%mods

Mathematically and technically speaking it isn't. In fact, small damage fast fire rate weapons do less overkill on any given enemy than high damage weapons. Example, a 50 damage gun needing two shots to kill a 70 health enemy with 30 damage overkill, and a 10 damage gun needing 7 shots to kill the same enemy with no overkill. The smaller the increments in damage, the less overkill you deal.

I think what the intent of your post was that missing costs you more ammo when you have a faster firing weapon. Missing including the time where you've killed an enemy but you're still holding the trigger, as well as straight up missing the target. This is totally true, BUT it can be compensated for by player skill. SO technically the best ammo efficiency you can get is if you are skilled at trigger control using a maximum damage build. Now if you aren't that skilled at trigger control, then slowing down the fire rate might help you waste less ammo when you miss. Some players opt for this, but personally I like giving myself the option to be able to perform better.

Mathematically speaking, using 90% damage elemental mods will be more ammo efficient than using the dual damage/status mods. More damage = less shots to kill = less ammo used per enemy. The damage status effects deal is almost negligible compared to straight damage bonuses, with the exception of the viral proc on high level grineer and infested if killed while the proc is in effect. My problem with that though is that the inconsistent time to kill caused by a viral proc makes it hard to develop a feel for trigger control within a mission, leading to wasted ammo. Using straight damage is more consistent enemy to enemy, resulting in predictable fire control. If ammo efficiency is your main desire, straight damage gets you there more consistently than relying on chance based status effects.