Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.7 Hot-Fixes

[DE]darryl1

Give them a chance the whole point of regular hotfixes is to make it easier to blanance and to test things. Also there hasn't been an alert with a ? Reward in like 11 hours, is this intended as your sort of alienating a time zone. Suppose it could just en a unlucky day though.

Hi gents... sorry for the grief we've been working on a hotfix (one you may actually like) and it should be rolling out soon. Will post some details about what we are thinking and fan the flames of our incompetence.

AWESOME!

Mistakes will always be made, it's how you handle them that makes the difference. Many developers would have taken much longer than a day to respond, good on you DE. That shows competence, not incompetence.

Edited by GottFaust

What about the myriad of other stealth nerfs? There is far too much changed that makes me think this mess was intentional

Not just stealth nerf's but all over it's messed up. I have been watching the forums for the last few hours waiting to hear info from the devs and I've seen alot of posts saying that half of the fixes didn't fix anything, weapons got nerfed (the gorgon is a mess), enemy's got beefed, and more got broken than they intended to fix. That's not even mentioning the equipment being .. well unequiped at a constant.

I wouldn't call it incompetance on your guys' part Steve... I'd call it...

Patience Testing, or Community Awareness Guaging.

So long as you guys keep up the record of keeping on top of things intentional and or not, I'll be happy.

Edited by Zeally

To be honest, I logged in earlier today expecting to see what all the hubbub was about.

I got through Pluto - Acheron Solo without using any Ammo or Health packs. I've a level 22 Saryn at present, and used Moult twice? I figured it would be harder. That being said, I was up against Corpus, so let's try it with some Grineer.

Hi gents... sorry for the grief we've been working on a hotfix (one you may actually like) and it should be rolling out soon. Will post some details about what we are thinking and fan the flames of our incompetence.

Don't do that to yourself, Steve.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

To be honest, I logged in earlier today expecting to see what all the hubbub was about.

I got through Pluto - Acheron Solo without using any Ammo or Health packs. I've a level 22 Saryn at present, and used Moult twice? I figured it would be harder. That being said, I was up against Corpus, so let's try it with some Grineer.

I'm guessing you used Contagion more than twice? In my experience Invulnerability tends to negate damage. It doesn't matter how much they buff the damage if it's negated to 0 you won't see a difference.

regular mobs don't seem to be a problem from what I've seen, some bosses seem to be a bit hard, especially if you don't have every mod at hand, infested defense mission looked fine for me, corpus/grineer seems to be quite hard, if several range mobs are attacking the cryopod.

This update had a really odd effect on my Viper pistol. Change the muzzle flash and firing sound and you've got it up to snuff. As of right now, it's pretty odd hearing a pistol with a fire rate of 1150 RPM shooting at 700, while the ammo counter reflects the real fire rate.

Hope some fine-tuning is inbound for this latest hotfix.

Edited by Vaskadar

Nobody's perfect, Steve.

tumblr_mc9rv3FXWC1rgnqvro1_500.gif

Me too.

I loaded up my 15 Saryn and took some stuff up to use her AOE cause i was all nervous about big groups which i usually deal by dropping moult and i didnt see THAT much of a difference.

I did some higher Grinner stuff with my Frost and the only time i actually died was when i was switch teleported by a commander behind enemy lines and Banshee did her AOE which totally blinds anyone who looks at it so i wasnt able to see any enemies in front of me properly and they ended up killing me after i got shield bashed. Outside of that, being extra careful, i didnt get any problems.

They really need to tone down that light show.

You guys must be really exhausted. Although the update has brought a couple of issues (for some a lot more) it's clear that you guys have been working hardly to improve the game and please the majority. It's just an imperfect update, nothing that you guys won't be able to fix, nobody should be blamed for it, bugs are common in a beta. I'd tell you guys to take your time with the hotfixes but there are lots of impatient people that are screaming and kicking, thus it's not up to me.

Anyway, you guys have been doing amazing work, thank you.

Edited by Kohira

I'm guessing you used Contagion more than twice? In my experience Invulnerability tends to negate damage. It doesn't matter how much they buff the damage if it's negated to 0 you won't see a difference.

Nope, Good ol' fashioned Ninja skillz. I don't have any skills but Moult equipped, because I like my stamina :<

I find that being able to slide kick some enemies so that they're down for a few moments gave me ample time to take down the standing ones, then mop up the rest whilst weaving between cover :D

I did just play a Ceres Extermination level, and I died once. I'm not entirely sure what all the fuss is about D: I was expecting total annihilation, which is in itself an awesome Realtime Strategy game.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

When the chat server went down because of a suspected crack, I commended you on the clarity of communication. We know what happened and nothing will ever be secure. Customers should only feel that way. However, this is what happens when you don't communicate.

In my mind, there were a couple of scenario's that could have happened since there was zero communication about the changes:

1. The changes were intended, and the patch notes weren't complete.

2. No QA. How could you have missed the Hek having no sound or the starter rifle having a decreased fire rate. This, with the influx of all the new players coming in from Steam.

3. Complacency. Let's roll it out and call it a day. The devs are now sleeping.

It gets worse from here, so I'm going to leave it at that.

Don't get me wrong, I think you're moving in the right direction with the patch, but not communicating what we're supposed to test and look out for, and/or giving customers the feeling that you roll out a new patch and then leave the office doesn't sit right.

E: Forgot to say, this was just a bad patch in my opinion. The world didn't end. We move on.

Edited by Brazen_NL

We are in beta, so it is expected. As long as you guys fix it within a reasonable timeframe and keep us posted on what/when is going to happen.