Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.7 Hot-Fixes

[DE]darryl1

I will also like the add that the damage increase has made defense mission pretty dam difficult!!

It not the damage on the players that bug me, but the damage on the Cryopod! It goes down real fast, making it harder to defend.

If they are going to keep the damage the way it is, they need to increase the armor on the Cryopod significantly.

Is it just me or did the hyena get a MASSIVE buff? It just took 4 people with lvl 30 supercharged frames and lvl 30 supercharged weapons 20 minutes to kill him... I ran out of ammo completely and was forced to melee him.

Are you serious? I was able to solo the Hyena after the buff with a well modded Strun. And keep in mind I'm a very terrible player, not skillful at all. Although they do scale bosses when there are more players, maybe they just make him get exponentially stronger as more people join. Try solo'ing him.

Edited by MersennePrime

Are you serious? I was able to solo the Hyena after the buff with a well modded Strun. And keep in mind I'm a very terrible player, not skillful at all.

Possibly a buff/bug with enemy scaling with multple players?

I'm going to check this out now actually.

While I will admit I was used to tanking things, I was also only tanking things in areas where I was heavily over-leveled. In level-appropriate areas, I've always been exceedingly cautious. The Hyena should not three-shot me (aside from his one-shot homing missiles, but those are a different story), solo or in party play, and that is precisely what it has been doing. Of course, now I'm getting three-shot in fights with Marines that are my level, so firefights are complete suicide if there's a heavy gunner. I don't have the same problem with Corpus, mainly because the shots travel slower from them, thus are considerably easier to evade when moving from one area of cover to another in order to get a better shot. It's pretty much the Grineer who are the problem, since how I deal with Infestation pretty much prevents them from hitting me, and Corpus are still fairly squishy, so I can kill them before they can extend the firefight to a point where I start taking hits. The Grineer are tanky enough that I can't take them down quickly, and I can't treat them like Infested, because they have ranged attacks.

I'm not saying the game is impossible to solo as it is right now. But it is broken. I have difficulty justifying invested playtime in a broken game, even in 'beta'. Broken games are not fun. As I was not in the closed beta, indeed, have only been playing this game for the past week, I have not been invested in the beta process until I actually had a chance to get into the meat and potatoes of the content. I'm not here to be a pro, I'm here to A) enjoy what has been produced so far, and B) carefully examine the current content and locate flaws.

As a side note: Extermination maps are all well and good, but please, go ahead and solo a mid to end-game boss for me. Without glitching them into a floor or into not attacking, please. I will be genuinely impressed if you do, and then ask you how politely how you managed to do it. I personally am incapable of soloing Hyena onward right now (in terms of bosses), owing to either the fact that I am still new to the game or to the fact that the content is broken, but I would not mind being enlightened. I am not one who blusters when he is obviously wrong, and is shown what is correct.

This be Claen'tor, signing off.

https://forums.warfr...220#entry201789

Is it just me or did the hyena get a MASSIVE buff? It just took 4 people with lvl 30 supercharged frames and lvl 30 supercharged weapons 20 minutes to kill him... I ran out of ammo completely and was forced to melee him.

Like MarsennePrime said, he is easily soloable with one lvl 30 frame (check the above link)

I also used an upgraded Strun ^^ what a coincidence, heh.

Maybe he proved hard because he used the missiles a lot against your team? I don't know. But I wonder that about the HP....my Strun took out noticeable chunks of his HP bar.

So maybe they did in fact make missions scale to several players? This is worth looking into.

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

I think that's what it is. I'm finding that a good amount of bosses take much longer to kill while playing with other people than when I solo.

Yup, timed it: 4 minutes solo.

I think someone added a few 0s to the multiple-player scaling in this patch...

And if I remember correctly, DE_Steve said that they will increase difficuly of high levels after the "Buff" of passive's... And here we are.

I can play some mission cause I'm currently leveling Rhino... otherwise I shouldn't able to play... (but i think they exagerated a bit) Maybe putting redirection and vitality at 25% instead of 40% and adjusting enemy damage a bit was fine, but now.... "This Is Unreal"

Ba dum TSSSSSS!!!!!!

It's too bad they had to severely nerf the amount of rare and uncommon drops. I was actually -hoping- to find Flow someday.

Actually Uncommon still drops alot, just doing infested runs. (Ion-Saturn)

But the uncommon drops replaced the rare skills drops that the infested defense missions used to drop :(.

I still haven't seen a rare drops in 10 defense mission I have done today.

Mostly likely they moved the rare drop table to harder planets. Ones that have damage that can kill you in 3 shots, no matter how high your shields are.

Edited by Spinner187

Actually Uncommon still drops alot, just doing infested runs. (Ion-Saturn)

But the uncommon drops replaced the rare skills drops that the infested defense missions used to drop :(.

I still haven't seen a rare drops in 10 defense mission I have done today.

Mostly likely they moved the rare drop table to harder planets. Ones that have damage that can kill you in 3 shots, no matter how high your shields are.

Flow only drops from Corpus, sadly. I've just been doing Hades in Pluto over and over, hoping that Ambulas or any of the Corpus there would eventually drop it. After around 10 runs, no such luck. Haven't even gotten a single rare mod, and only one uncommon one. I swear I've gotten about 20 Revenge mods. I would do the Defense mission in Pluto, but with the buff it is near impossible.

Edited by MersennePrime

Seems what I'm reading a bit now is: Enemies Scaling to player numbers in the current mission. Okay. If by some way, some how I am able to solo said mission then it is probably they overbuffed the enemies. Maybe it was a mistake or maybe intentional. Still, it's making the game more difficult for those that want to try things out, see what things do and what this game will saddle you with for weapons/frames. Sure, you get the choice of loadout, but not every weapon is effective against every enemy (That's a durr). But think about it, for those players that either don't have the time to farm creds or the money to buy platinum to get the BP needed to make a weapon that'll be vastly superior than what you basically start with. The only BP's I've found were melee weapons and one I'll probably never use so I figure I'll make it then sell it or something. I'm content with my Dual Heatskana but I wouldn't mind a new rifle or pistol without having to spend time grinding credits. I'd much rather grind for parts than creds.

In an always online multiplayer game?

Yeah, they are

If you're in Solo mode and in mission, there is no network check (meaning your machine can go into hibernation, wake up and still continue to play).

Again, it's a "Co-op game 1~4 players" not a "multiplayer game."

I try to be courteous on here, even when butting heads with others, but your attitude is exactly what a healthy gaming community DOES NOT need. We don't need you here. Knock it off, or go run your head into a brick wall. You something horrible.

*inhale*

Anyways, onto the ammo draining issue:

So, screenshot of me tapping fire button as fast as I can on my Vandal:

wHnrLCs.jpg

Used up four (4) bullets. As you can see, 4 damage numbers popped up. They're different numbers, so I doubt my dumb ars held down the button too long to shoot off 4 rounds. 36/10/10/8??? I don't get it. I got 30% lightning, 30% fire, 30% ice, 30% armor piercing, 30% damage(Serration) and no multishot when I took this.

How does it work!??!?!

In an always online multiplayer game?

Yeah, they are

"Multiplayer game"

Then why exactly is there this solo option? Why not just get rid of it if it's a trap for those DAMN DIRTY SOLO PLAYERS who should just make a Private game and invite nobody because they're all masochists? Especially when DE has given zero indication that solo was ever intended to be a 'second class customer' thing. If they did, I want my f**king money back.

Obviously this game is going to be 'always online', because it's Free to Play. Except including a solo option was a pretty brilliant idea for everyone who has bandwidth limits, wants to play at their own pace, or just wants to you know, have fun without dealing with annoying S#&$heel 12 year olds.

But now everyone seems to be crapping on it for some odd reason despite the fact that the majority of people... don't play multiplayer.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/11/19/only-23-even-attempted-to-play-multiplayer/

Twenty three percent of people buying a MOBA ever tried playing online. Not 'play online regularly'. Not 'played online once'. 23% of people logged on. Period.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/we-play-alone-together-why-conventional-wisdom-about-single-player-games-is

The number is somewhere around 'anywhere from half to fewer than half of the players of your game will ever play multiplayer'. DE, please, stop treating people who want to use Solo mode as anything other than a $&*^-punching test of endurance as inferior customers to elitists who want to drive away players who don't have a skill level they consider 'acceptable'.

Edited by MJ12

Another small batch of changes from today:

- Bow charge can be cancelled by pressing reload button

- Fixed an issue where players could run around while bleeding out if they died on a zipline

- Fix for enemies getting stuck behind doors in defense mode

- Fixed stats not being properly counted upon missions completion after host migration

- Fixed descriptions for Saryn/Banshee alt helmets

- Fixed rescue agent being unable to follow the player into a vent

- Fixed an issue with frame rate affecting automatic fire rate of some weapons

- Fixed a crash that may occur if host migration occurs while a client is dead

- Fixed Stalker's head not appearing on Clients

- Fixed unresponsive lobby UI if host disconnects from session while returning to frontend

Good good. Now fix the mod screens. They like to stick over everything else and not let you change mods.

Also my Lex no longer has any upgrade points in it.

After some more testing, it seems like each additional damage effect is taking extra bullets on a % basis with automatic weapons.

So if you had, say, 10% Fire, 10% Lightning, 10% Armor Piercing, 10% Multishot

Every tenth shot would take FIVE bullets.

This seems very much like an unintentional affect, probably due to the rate of fire fix.

EDIT: Maybe not? I dunno, having trouble reproducing this. Having some other odd behavior though.

Edited by Maddoc