[DE]Drew

Stat Helmet Blueprint Changes

Thanks for the heads up, Drew.

I'm curious. Say I'd like to have a helmet with stats, but also the same one without, for cosmetic reasons. Will that be a possible option by crafting a new helmet from a BP or buying it from the store after the changes are made or will it be a "One or the other" deal?

• Upvote 24

Question : does this mean we can build with stats helmet and after update get the news statless or we have to choose?

does this mean that we wont be able to get helmet from alert anymore?

What about if i want to have them both can i have two of the same ones  with and without stats?

As much as I'm glad I really wish you guys would have separated them for a more global, but minor upgrade for any frame.

• Upvote 1

1 year from now, some new Loki will be desperately confused how a Vanguard rhino prime just Usain Bolted past them. The reply will be thus: "Lol should have been here before May 6th"

Hopefully, the next step is the ability to add/move an ARCANE stat modifier onto helmets and other items.

So you can buy/craft a helmet for the look, and then give it stat modifiers to tweak your 'frame's performance to suit your playstyle.

• Upvote 32

What about BP in our inventories? Will they be converted to the statless versions or with the become the Arcane type?

• Upvote 15

What if you want the stats, but not the helmet? Can we get the stats from the helmet to be applied as an effect on the Warframe? I personally hate the look of the Vanguard helmet, and would like Essence Loki's stats on Swindle Loki. Can this happen?

Also, thanks for giving a heads-up, Drew.

• Upvote 11

And it would be great if u allow to trade with helmets for this week, so all who want stats helmets can trade some from other players. Always got Essence at alert when i sleep :(

• Upvote 1

This is disappointing.

After so many weeks of feedback, and in the end, the devs simply stick with the "solution" of giving old players straight-up stat advantages to new players.

This is not a good step for the game. Players should have equal treatment regardless of when they joined the game. Helmet stats should be accessible for either all players or no players.

I stand by my word. Helmet stats should be given for all helmets, and should simply be equippable independently of the cosmetic helmets. It has been over half a year since I first saw this suggestion, and I have yet to see anyone post a single significant downside to it.

Edited by SortaRandom
  • Upvote 46

I'm a little disappointed that stat helmets will be removed, I really liked them and wished their were more stat modifiers like the helmets. I thought the reasoning of purchasing a helmet for a small differentiated boost/decrease in a Warframe's performance was highly acceptable because it was all your choice in the matter, and that they were always available.

But wouldn't removing stat helmets be scrutinized in the future when newer players join Warframe and see that most members have better preforming frames with their different stats and they can't get them because they were exclusive because they were released during that certain time? Sort of like how a lot of people are arguing about the exclusivity of Excalibur Prime?

This won't solve any problems down the line, the best solution if you wanted to stop making stat helmets would had been to simply left them available and made all future helmets purely cosmetic.

Or you could have had what someone else once suggested to have stat modifiers become a "data chip" that can be freely placed onto your Warframe (giving more customization to Warframes.)

Still this is a terrible decision in the long run; and I highly hope you guys reconsider. But I fear the DE are done considering in this matter; but let me warn you guys this will go sour in the future if you continue to choose the "Let items that modify the overall gameplay's performance be exclusive because of _______ reason."

Edited by (PS4)i_illusion
  • Upvote 14

Can you atleast make alerts with all the helmets so we atleast can have a chance to get them?

• Upvote 18

Can you atleast make alerts with all the helmets so we atleast can have a chance to get them?

It's called buying them...

Also you've had the chance to obtain them this whole time...

• Upvote 2

1 year from now, some new Loki will be desperately confused how a Vanguard rhino prime just Usain Bolted past them. The reply will be thus: "Lol should have been here before May 6th"

This is a concern of mine. By half-assing your actions, DE, you will have created a statistical degree of seraration between those who have the (effectively) mandatory helmets and those who weren't there in time.

All or nothing, DE. Don't half-&#! your decision out of fear. No-one will win.

Also: was the helmet stat slot idea completely ignored? It was the one thing the entire community agreed with, and it isn't going to be implimented?

Edited by AscendantWyvern
  • Upvote 24

So... why can't we just have the stats on helmets a swappable stat that is independent of the cosmetic?  I've yet to see a downside to it and I don't believe I've ever seen anyone opposed...

• Upvote 34

How do you remove the stats from your arcane helm? nothing showed up in my foundry even though I have a few stated helm I would love to Un-stat.