The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rakta Syandana Feedback Megathread

Renathy

I understood after a few moments that it was supposed to be, like, the wraith color scheme, and that black and red goes on to be popular enough for most people not to complain about, but I spammed the runs solo since patch to find it force colored, and I wear blue and white :(.

I'm not sure if this could be reconsidered, but if it was I would be super happy.

EDIT: What I mean is, that it could be allowed to match bodies like other syandanas.

Edited by Damagedice

I'd like to assume, and hope, that a regular version of this syandana will be out in the future. If you look at the way the bump maps and mesh are made, the Wraith decals don't flow through them really well. It seems they were made to have separate color channels in mind. It just looks awkward, how the red goes over and flattens the bump map textures.

Image isn't mine. Credits of this image goes to the owner.

VYddN2e.jpg

So yeah, here's hoping they won't restrict themselves with this design for a Wraith-like color scheme-only. The mesh itself has potential and I feel it would be wasted that way.

Edited by Casardis

It probably has to do with the whole "faction" concept they talked about a while ago, and will likely tie into other things later down the road. 

Essentially it's a gang color. Representin' yo hood. 

Overall though I despise elements of cosmetics that can't be colored and would really like if they stopped doing it.

It probably has to do with the whole "faction" concept they talked about a while ago, and will likely tie into other things later down the road. 

Essentially it's a gang color. Representin' yo hood. 

Overall though I despise elements of cosmetics that can't be colored and would really like if they stopped doing it.

Seems they would have concept inconsistencies again if they do this. So far, all "Wraith" weapons, which has the same colors + decals as this syandana, are modified version of Grineer weaponry. It would be weird to suddenly attribute them to the Red Veils.

In fact, I would personally feel it to be kind of cheap and making the Red Veils have less personalities. I would prefer to see this new faction have their own aesthetics that reflects a culture. Unfortunately, from what I've understood about the whole Dark Sectors' lore problems, DE doesn't seem to give enough attention to the lore, its presentation and its depth.

One does not simply introduce new things in the universe before thinking their role and presence thoroughly, or else it can, and most likely will, keep breeding plot holes and inconsistencies, but also a lesser interest from the community to care about it.

Edited by Casardis

Sweet syndana but the lack of coloring really let me down. Does everything from events need to be not-colorable now, DE? Were my expectations too high for coloring a cosmetic item?

Colorable Rakta please?

Don't worry, the community will rant until the developers spend time making the Rakta recolorable, even though it doesn't fit in the lore. The Red Veil is supposed to be the first of many new factions, each with their own agenda and colors.

I believe in you. Greatness is within us all.

- John Prodman, 05/01/2014

Rise.

Edited by JohnProdman

And you didn't complain about how pointless the syndana is? It barely moves, how is it a syndana? It looks like its a beetle shell with jiggly bits on it.

Uh well I don't have it yet so I wouldn't know XD I thought maybe they didn't add the physics on the Red Veil hostage, but I'll take your word for it.

It might be an oversight, since I don't see why it can't use the physics if Yomo and Imperator both as it (comparing to the two of them since they're the closest in terms of design).

The very first thing I noticed when I got my Rakta, was the odd placement where the free physics begin (red oval):

ldF74W6.jpg

is it just my buggy game, or a temporary bug / oversight that they don't dangle from the connectors at the green oval?

Edited by Alighierian

This is kind of a buzzkill for me from a lore perspective. They introduced a new faction, but it's color scheme is just a copy of the Grineer's. It still looks nice, and I'll definitely try to get it once I can, but I feel like they should have had a new color scheme for a new faction. Chances are they'll add a coloring option for it eventually though, so I guess it's not a big deal.