Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Splitting team - additional mission type

SabreUr

I am so far impressed by Warframe and it's potential, I don't mind repetitive enviroments, and AFAIK there will be more tilesets. What I think it's lacking is real teamplay - don't get me wrong, when I play with my friends we have nice cooperation all right (or TBH, we had. Now, with Volt Warframe, my friend runs ahead of us in room, fires up top-ability and screams "POWER, UNLIMITED POWER! via headset. It's little creepy), but with random players it's more often than not "run forward, screaming, shooting, slashing and grabbing loot". So I think, that forcing some coop is good option.

I have this idea of missions that will force cooperation (apart from ganging up on some poor boss, who in my head is screaming "Leave me alone, no more schematics today!") - ie. you have to split into two fireteams. One stays near extraction area and protects civilians from waves of Infected, each wave stronger, and other is looking for parts to repair escape shuttle. Or something like terror mission from XCOM - you have to find and save as many non-combatants as possible - you can go in one team, but there is no way that you can save all, so you have to split your party. Or even combine those two missions - first you have to bring civvies to escape point, than Lotus informs you, that shuttle is busted.

Of course I am aware, that those missions will require full team, but Warframe is teamplay game, so I don't think it will be an issue. There are enough solo-able missions.

Sry for language mistakes :)

This is a pretty good idea except for the fact that pubbies have the teamplay instinct of lemmings. :p

I've played hundreds of hours of MMOs and shooters, trust me on this.

Edited by MJ12

This is a pretty good idea except for the fact that pubbies have the teamplay instinct of lemmings. :p

I've played hundreds of hours of MMOs and shooters, trust me on this.

quite honestly, if i remember the game right, lemmings had great teamplay. they would even sacrifice themself so that just a few can make it to the exit xD

Lemmings or not, if you think about it, there is very small amount of actual team work - I mean you shoot together at stuff. Other than that you can describe good team work as:

1) Allies will revive you

2) Allies will wait for you in elevator

3) Allies will mark loot with waypoints

In game like Left 4 Dead it's enough - because when you are alone, you are dead - just game did not send you a memo. Your character is fragile and you can easily get overpowered by few weaker mobs. Here, you are tough-as-nail-ninja-assassin-IN-SPACE-! and there are few opportunities to screw up (lemmings will find them anyway). So i think that creating some ingame opportunities (splitting party is one of them) to do some real cooperation will make this game more enjoyable.

i think they should put more teamwork focus on boss fights. Maybe even add raid boss fights to alerts with more then 4 players that need real teamwork and skill combination (like the famus rhino+mag combo with iron skin and magnetize etc).