The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rescue 2.0... What Arc Traps?

LGear

I took this particular video before the latest hotfix dropped, but still shows that Arc Traps aren't really much of a problem going in. And I didn't have to fire a single shot.

Edited by LGear

But see, you didn't run into them blindly without thinking expecting to come out unscathed.  You were smart and actually went around them entirely.

Something so few people did that it warranted a hotfix to make it easier.

But see, you didn't run into them blindly without thinking expecting to come out unscathed.  You were smart and actually went around them entirely.

Something so few people did that it warranted a hotfix to make it easier.

this propaganda is dangerously close to spouting that "benefits of skilled play" nonsense I keep hearing about

WTB MOAR FACE-TANK PST

Edited by Kartumterek

I just shot them and then entered by the front door, no problem, or there is your way, the smart and even more stealthy way, i didn't see a problem with them, that said, arc traps never been a difficulty increase in any way, just a minor annoyance so really, more traps or less traps, doesn't make the game more or less difficult.

After their first encounter people should prepare for them, I dont even know why this was an issue.

On top of that, all BPs can be acquired by only needing to accomplish two of the three goals in each difficulty so there isnt a need to get  perfect score besides wanting to get to 100 points faster. I seriously cannot believe they bothered to change this.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

this propaganda is dangerously close to spouting that "benefits of skilled play" nonsense I keep hearing about

WTB MOAR FACE-TANK PST

Its not necessarily skilled play as it is patient play. Barreling into a situation seldom helps you accomplish anything - especially when the game mode not only promotes, but rewards the use of stealth. I think what LGear is getting at is that there is more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. I applaud him for his due diligence in bringing this method to light - despite how obvious it is to some. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

"look ma, i didnt have any problems doing what others had problems with!"...?

Arc traps are annoying, especially placed on the ground.

As I showed in the video, the Arc Traps are only a problem if you make them a problem, basically going headlong into the obvious entrance with brute force. There are other ways into the Prison Cell, which the video shows one way of getting in without going through the front door.

I do understand though that this is easy to do when you're solo. When in a pub game, you pretty much expect many players to go the obvious route because they don't know about these backdoors. If more people knew, they wouldn't even have to face the Arc Traps.

Edited by LGear

They didnt bother me using Hysteria, but apparently the hostage wasn't a fan of them maybe he asked for the hotfix.

That said trying to actually ground slam each trap in hysteria is just bad.

edit: watched video, the pipe looks like a good idea for those having trouble, I'm still going to rambo it though most fun I had in awhile.

Edited by seren77

I died twice to the traps the stug and the penta aren't very good against arc traps, so I had to melee those things.

They still hit you when you are invisble, they just really annoy me.

They are the reason I always sneak through the air vent top right of the arc trap entrance.

Edited by AFKrey

I died twice to the traps the stug and the penta aren't very good against arc traps, so I had to melee those things.

They still hit you when you are invisble, they just really annoy me.

They are the reason I always sneak through the air vent top right of the arc trap entrance.

Honestly you deserved to die then.

If DE made it easier because the people complaining are represented by this type of play... I'm not sure what to say.

So... people actually want Arc Traps back? That's something.

I'd be too much hassle to put them back in (yet another hotfix). Besides, a lot of people would just complain again, and DE really doesn't need that...

Even so, the arc traps posed a danger to the hostage, so they had to be removed anyway. This was especially apparent if one of your genius IQ teammates decided to open the main door - which the hostage would always exit through when it was available - then the hostage would run strait into a laden mine field, and get downed. 

A downed hostage... in a minefield... that sounds like a lot of fun especially when a prosecutor pops in to visit. 

That was more, or less the reason for the removal. 

Edited by YourBusDriver