The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Mods Even Matter On Specters?

Kinperor

Question

I just tried a Vapor specter I've crafted yesterday, and it didn't look like the mods I gave him changed any of his stats.

I made a Nekros, given him only desecrate, a maxed redirection mod. When I used the Vapor specter, it used Soul Punch, had much more health than shields and never used Desecrate. 

Is it because I used a Vapor or mods really doesn't matter on these? 

9 answers to this question

Have you guys tried these builds on Vapor specters or above?

I'm asking because I noticed the same thing (as I said in my OP) but I haven't tried with my Cosmic specter (these be expensive yo). 

the build doesn't matter in the slightest, warframe, weapon etc.

it has no real bearing on the specter.

it just seems to be a barrier of entry and the displayed weapons they're using.

they certainly don't use the mod build.

edit: and yes, i tried this on a cosmic -- and was very pissed off when he was totally useless.

Edited by xethier

As of now, the only real frame that has worked really well for me has been Rhino frames...because they just spam iron skin an don't die. But i'm with pretty much everyone else...not being able to choose mods/coloring etc... is kinda crappy and needs to be added asap.

Damn... I did the same thing with phase specter, using my nekros desecrate spam build, but i have yet to try it, simply because I had a feeling it wouldn't work as in the conflict runs i've done previous to this update I saw they they only seem to do the lower tier damage powers.

Though i haven't even bothered to start the cosmic specters but based on how they've performed in the conflicts i think Trinity might be fun, they love to spam link, and it helps that I can make it to 1800 conclave on my trinity.