Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Prices Changed: We can has refunds?

Ced23Ric

Oh hai DE,

You have changed several prices on the Cash Shop side. For example, frames are now cheaper. Bundles, too. That's all nice and dandy, but what about me? Am I getting the cash I spent over back? As in, will you refund me the difference? If not, I heavily opt for a personal wipe when you offer it, with a refund of all Platinum I have purchased so far.

If yes, please let me know when you intend to do so. :)

Edited by Ced23Ric

They might be able to refund you the points in difference in points.

I should have been clearer. That is what I meant. Actually, that is exactly what I said.

And if their tracking software isn't too shabby (which it shouldn't be, to acquire accurate consumer metrics), it should be a matter of a database check and subsequent query to update Platinum amount. FOR x = bought, UPDATE plat +50, etc. That can, I am sure, be scripted.

Edited by Ced23Ric

"This item is on sale for $20 less than I bought it for, give me $20 store credit"

Gamers are literally the worst consumers.

Well if you consider it in a retail aspect or, even a business aspect. If they change something within 15~30 days of purchase you can come in an get part of the money you spent refunded.

However the amount of people that actually complain about it is so small, that it's hardly ever noticed.

"This item is on sale for $20 less than I bought it for, give me $20 store credit"

Gamers are literally the worst consumers.

Good sir,

I have you know, I am quite the good consumer. I am literally holding my credit card in hand right meow, waiting for DE to offer Founder's Upgrades. Nevertheless, if there is a Cash Shop in Closed Beta, with Closed Beta Pricing that is under variance based on shifting perception and metrics, I expect to be treated with the courtesy of getting the difference in Platinum back. Not my actual money, but the ingame currency. Accepting that my money is safely in DE's hands is already pandering to the carni-scheme that ingame currencies are (obscuring value, securing spending, binding customers with "unused money") in general, but, please, don't bend me over twice. I already came in here in skanky clothes, slightly drunk and with misaligned judgement to begin with, you don't need to roofie my drink to take me home.

Hence, I would really appreciate if DE would not just give me a Reset button, but would go through the motions of reissueing the difference to the new platinum prices of, in my case, the Rhino Bundle, Loki, Volt and Trinity. I surely hope DE is gathering consumers metrics and tracks these things. If not, at the very least my payment history and purchase behaviour should show that I am certainly not trying to rip DE off or get more for less. If anything, I was willing to overpay.

Thusly, I resent your comment, politely.

Cheers,

Ceddo.

Yes, stores go through this all the time! :) Most places will give you the difference if its within a reasonable time. I bet support.warframe.com would. :)

If you are not interested in the future wipe option, open up a ticket and we'll help you out.

I can wait for the future wipe. Playing the game with starting gear again is not unexpected in a Beta Scenario and frankly i am having a lot of fun playing through new weapons. Are you considering a total wipe or just gear, Steve? Granted, I would love to keep my in-game ranking, but if playing it a few more days to get my Gorgon back is all it takes, then I am not too bothered :)

Yes, stores go through this all the time! :) Most places will give you the difference if its within a reasonable time. I bet support.warframe.com would. :)

If you are not interested in the future wipe option, open up a ticket and we'll help you out.

The Wipe! It must happen!

The Prophecy says so!

To purge the memories of the Tenno that have been formed.

Now this is rather concerning. Most, if not all, free-to-play games I've taken part of have offered the difference in price changes, should they happen during the beta phase where monetization is always up in the air. They do this so that during the beta players can have the piece of mind that their investment is safe. By not refunding price changes automatically, a player feels more inclined to wait untill the prices stabalize before investing in your game. For a game under heavy development that's already in large debt, that's far from ideal. If you set up a system that kept track of purchases and refunds any price changes, the players of warframe would have that piece of mind. Untill such a system is added, I will not be investing any more money in warframe during the beta phase. I don't want the support guys to have to deal with my tickets along with everyone else's after every patch where prices are modified. They really shouldn't have to deal with that.

Edited by Vectos

Thans, Steve. Ticket is filed.