Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Is Ridiculous.

Awesomest

I'm kind of confused as to the purpose of the Saryn. It has Loki's clone, but has more HP than Loki. It has the Rhino's iron skin, but the ability also adds damage to your melee attacks. It looks like it's just flat out better than most, if not all other warframes. What gives?

The decoy doesn't have really good aggro, unless it was right in front of a mob / the contagion does crap for damage / venom needs to be reworked and Miasma's damage isn't even counted for anything (exp, bonus challenge, damage chart)

Snake skin is significantly worse than Loki's decoy, in that you can't place it where you want, and it's doesn't draw as much agro (it's still a usefull power though). Contaigion is awesome, definitly better than rhino skin, however rhino also get's rhino charge, which is allot better than Saryn's basic power venom (which does negligible damage, and can be difficult to get the splash damage out of aswell).

Not all frames are equal, some are definitly better than other's, but I don't think saryn is so much better that she makes rhino or loki redundant.

Snake skin is significantly worse than Loki's decoy, in that you can't place it where you want, and it's doesn't draw as much agro (it's still a usefull power though). Contaigion is awesome, definitly better than rhino skin, however rhino also get's rhino charge, which is allot better than Saryn's basic power venom (which does negligible damage, and can be difficult to get the splash damage out of aswell).

Not all frames are equal, some are definitly better than other's, but I don't think saryn is so much better that she makes rhino or loki redundant.

Rhino also gets Rhino Stomp, which is great when you and the team are surrounded and it gives them ample time to pick off everything caught in the radius. Rhino also has base 150 armor and Saryn's is only 10. It's very rare for either of them to start taking HP damage because of Iron Skin/Contagion, but Rhino will get much more out of say, Steel Fiber than Saryn would.

I'm kind of confused as to the purpose of the Saryn. It has Loki's clone, but has more HP than Loki. It has the Rhino's iron skin, but the ability also adds damage to your melee attacks. It looks like it's just flat out better than most, if not all other warframes. What gives?

Saryn's actually a tank Warframe with similar speed to Frost. She's got a lot of defensive powers too.

the thing that's bugging me is that the contagion tooltip reads as if it just enhanced your melee attacks yet it makes saryn invulnerable? i can't get over that for the time being. XD

Edited by SlyBoots

I don't know, Moult really works for me. I'm building her as a power spammer by pushing Flow, Continuity and Steamline. That along with Hemlock and Rush means you can run away, drop a Moult--Then loop back around and start shooting folk in the back. Which as a sneaky snake lady works for me.

I'll grant ya that it's not quite as easy as Loki's decoy but...I feel like that's to be expected. Loki is the "beginner" advanced guy and having a anywhere decoy does have its advantages. Still I've found the Moult gameplay much more engaging and for me it flows much more easily. If I'm being chased by a big mob I can just press two, loop to the side and kill. Rather than have to drop it and then get behind it or whatever.

For the drop into the middle of a crowd thing, ya obviously Decoy is better---but Saryn is better in the mid to close range anyway. A moult into some shotgun blasts leading into a contagion when moult goes down can be pretty fun. More fun than just dropping a decoy and only firing away. Add in a Shade and she feels like the sneakiest Warframe to me. But to each their own!

Edited by PiggySaysWhat

• 3 weeks later...

I see Saryn as a melee fighter with a easy escape ability.

Speaking of Hemlock helmet am I the only person that think it looks ridiculous? If it'd increase the power damage I'd agree with the spore-like design, but it increases speed. Wouldn't a aerodynamic design be better?