Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skulwazza

-Ember Builds- How To Build An Effective Ember.

I recently picked up ember and have found a hitch. I have no clue what role she should fill! her armour is crap sheilds and health are just average. all he abilities are a.o.e so I was guessing she should be abilities/ close ranged combat. when tested i found that she was very squishy and died often. since there is a forum full of advanced players I could call on I'm hoping for alot of good advice. thanks

-('w')-

I recently picked up ember and have found a hitch. I have no clue what role she should fill! her armour is crap sheilds and health are just average. all he abilities are a.o.e so I was guessing she should be abilities/ close ranged combat. when tested i found that she was very squishy and died often. since there is a forum full of advanced players I could call on I'm hoping for alot of good advice. thanks

-('w')-

I've been playing Ember for a few hours now, testing out her abilities, etc.

Her primary role is - Death to infested. Ember is amazing vs Infested due to her flame damage, decent against Grineer because of AoE, but laughably bad against Corvus. (shields, takes little damage from DoTs)

Yes, her shields are crap, and so is her health, but she makes up for it with "high damage" AoE abilities. In reality, her 3rd ability is the strongest, and the others are very situational. I'd say buff her ability damage/duration (if it wasn't bugged... i think i don't know anymore). Combine her with a CC class (ie. Loki herding people into one spot with Decoy) and a Rhino to stand her back up. Spam AoEs on points of focus (decoys, defensive spots etc).

To loadouts:

Primary:

Gorgon, Hek or Strun. She will be in close range all the time. Prepare for it.

Equip shock/freeze mods to slow down mobs. The longer they're in your AoE, the better. (and shock makes her NOT a joke against corvus

Secondary:

Viper, Bolto or Aklato. The Viper serves 2 purposes, bullet hose, and (oddly enough) accuracy. You can hit far away enemies with it quite easily. The Bolto penetrates armor (again countering her weaknesses a bit). Aklato same as Viper.

Give them Shock and Frost upgrades again, as well as damage and max ammo. This weapon is meant to last a while.

Melee:

Dual Heat Swords. They are AMAZING against Infected (like, 900 damage amazing once upgraded), and equipping it with Frost Mods again, keep them in your AoE for longer. Charge time and Charge damage increases round out this weapon.

Finally, for the frame itself, Upgrade her Third ability to Rare 2 or Rare 3. If you have slots left over, use her second ability or her first. World on Fire should only really be used against bosses with quickly regening shields, so ignore it until its buffed.

Round her out with Shield buffs, Health Buffs and Sprint Speed, in addition to energy increases. Use her alternate helmet for far more ability spams (in addition to energy siphon ability card).

Hope I helped! :D

Short version -> max Fire Blast first, duration mod, power strength mod

eee.jpg

This is my loadout on my ember (with orokin).

This would beat up most of the infested.

That is almost the same thing I have been using! yay easy to modify!

Round her out with Shield buffs, Health Buffs and Sprint Speed, in addition to energy increases. Use her alternate helmet for far more ability spams (in addition to energy siphon ability card).

Hope I helped! :D

Smashing, this is wonderful. thank you so much for the help.

eee.jpg

This is my loadout on my ember (with orokin).

This would beat up most of the infested.

Question - do we even need to upgrade world on fire so high? Don't have a feeling the ability is that useful to warrant upgrade.

Question - do we even need to upgrade world on fire so high? Don't have a feeling the ability is that useful to warrant upgrade.

Damage of this ability to Jupiter's golem is 500 per second by max its level...its a good ability to deal with multiple bullet sponges too...

And this keeps the pace to my farming on infested too (300 energy capacity with energy orbs chasing after me, ensures my dmg output! :D)

sorry for my bad english, I'm a Hong Kong player :)

thanks for the build pyro-brother(or sister) :D

No problem :D

Setting stuff on fire is fun :3

Smashing, this is wonderful. thank you so much for the help.

Anytime, I love the Ember frame! :D

Hm not sure but i got the feeling that the power strength mod i kinda buggy had 200 dmg fireblast before and the same after the mod.

Hm not sure but i got the feeling that the power strength mod i kinda buggy had 200 dmg fireblast before and the same after the mod.

You would be correct! Power on Ember is currently stuffed. Just put Duration on instead (although that might be bugged too).

I agree i noticed this too when i upgraded it, however i wonder if it actually increases the amount of DOT ticks as opposed to the amount per tick. Seems to do quite a few more ticks at max rank. However it made no different to fireball, it still sucks just as much no matter what rank, or how much power mods you apply.

I've also been using ember exclusively in Infested defense missions and you've been given the best advice already. Although i don't even slot world on fire, i don't farm bosses often so i find the points more useful in other things.

In theory that would be the ideal set up but it's been proven that those mods do not affect her abilites. Same with a few other frames. It's almost definitely a bug so until DE either confirm ithat's how it's supposed to be or fix it you're wasting your time with those.

Given that the new mod system is barely 3 weeks old I'm inclined to think it's a bug.

Ah, I see. I've been playing Loki, so I didn't realize Focus was bugged. I've never really understood power strength full effects anyway.