The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mac?

twitt98

They haven't ported to Mac because they're already working hard on maintaining their current workload of PC updates and porting to Sony PS4. Mac users are also far fewer in number statistically, so it's probably a case of "time spent versus money earned."

There is likely some technical reason for them not currently supporting a native Mac OS version of Warframe, probably something with their engine and the amount of work they'd need to do to essentially re-write the game to support Mac hardware.

That said, a native version would be nice, but in the mean time: Bootcamp.

I actually am using Bootcamp on my iMac right now to type this and play Warframe (among other PC titles like my old copy of Rollercoaster Tycoon and Terrarria), so that's always a temporary work-around.

Or better yet don't buy a mac in the first place, problem solved

Good luck getting Logic or Metasynth running on your windows machine.

Edit: Actually, looks like Protools is now available for win8. I'll change that to Logic instead.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

Edit: Actually, looks like Protools is now available for win8. I'll change that to Logic instead.

yeah because everyone is a dubstep dj wannabe....

woot double post.

Edited by Dead_Rabbits

Oh yeah I forgot those are the only 2 software programs in the world that do what they do, silly me

Seriously speaking, i don't think they have it formatted on mac, at least for a while longer, cuz re-writing scripts and code and what-not. But for warframe's release I reckon if there is enough demand, there might be a mac version. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Destroyalord7

If you can find another program that converts DNA sequences into music on the fly, and does it better, please let me know.

If I care enough about it I would(not)

And since we're talking about a video game on a OS and not music programs, your request and mentioning them are irrelevant  to the topic

The point is some people buy computers for other things, but also want to play games.  There are reasons to own a Mac over PC, especially a macbookpro actually.

BUT, if you want games on a Mac then you need to install bootcamp.  It is simple.  It is just a partition, and windows has finally got there S#&$ together and you can get win7 for a decent price to install on it.

IF you are doing that however check the video cards (normally pretty sub-par) and look into a program to run the fan because there are issues with the CPU/GPU temperature sensors and fan controls.

I've been a mac person for a lot of work for a while, but for games?  even if it is made for both mac and PC i'll put it on my bootcamp partition.  Though I really do need to build a gaming rig at some point it is way down the list on S#&$ that my money needs to go to.