Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Suggestions: About Drones And Weapons

Drejzer

I'll start from drones and all flying enemies:

It's almost impossible to kill them with melee, almost since sometimes (rather rarely) they come in range (or someone/my sentinel kills them and I don't notice). The only one "flying" enemy that I am able to kill without any doubt is Oxium Osprey (since it rather hovers just above the ground). For the rest, well... it's impossible to kill them (as I stated above) So:

1) make them targetable by melee (if they are not), and;

2) add aerial melee attacks. How? - its simple make slam attack performed by holding "E" and aerial attacks by tapping "E" (2 attacks: "EE" It's not DMC - there is no need for having never-ending aerial combo);

2') and maybe some combo that will launch enemy/enemies in air?

Now, the "weapon" part:

If someone has read my previous posts then that someone will probably guess what I'm about to write.

Yes double equipping melee weapons.

By (look above) I mean That we could instead of primary/secondary weapon we could equip a melee weapon.

To be reasonable:

If we have equipped Dual Swords we would not be able to equip Longsword or Dagger/Dual Daggers or Nikana and Dragon Nikana at once etc. If the additional weapon would take slot taken by first melee weapon we would get a popup saying "You can't equip this weapon because..."  bla bla bla (you get the idea)

So  when in melee stance we would draw our last used melee or melee from melee slot (if that weren't melee type that is worn by tenno - like furax or obex) And with melee drawn reload button would act as secondary melee attack (by default). With both combo lists avaliable.

Tell me what you think about this.

Actually, a simpler solution would be simply to make flying enemies fly a bit lower, to around head height. Most melee weapons can reach drones and ospreys at that height, and you don't need to add anything to the melee system. Well, there's still the matter of Hellions, but those come down to ground level when they're out of gas.

wow seriously? why just go and ask to kill all enemies by just running? this game need more challenge but theres so much people complaining ("suggestioning") about game being "hard", flying enemies is supposed to be FAR away from your melee range, thats why they are FLYING type of enemies, i bet if you were an army officer would say "omg jeesh, those airplanes so hard to hit with our bayonet, they suppose to be on ground not going so fast so we would hit them".

wow seriously? why just go and ask to kill all enemies by just running? this game need more challenge but theres so much people complaining ("suggestioning") about game being "hard", flying enemies is supposed to be FAR away from your melee range, thats why they are FLYING type of enemies, i bet if you were an army officer would say "omg jeesh, those airplanes so hard to hit with our bayonet, they suppose to be on ground not going so fast so we would hit them".

I have a question for you: hold your hand out in front of you, then try to hit something that's hovering right in front of your face. Can you do it? Apparently, badass space ninjas can't. The flying enemies in this game should NEVER be out of reach of a melee weapon because unlike airplanes, they are never more than 6-8 feet above the ground. Hell, there are a lot of melee weapons that are as long (or longer) than 6 feet. As it stands I'm not even sure if it's possible to hit a flying enemy with melee even if it's at chest level (which happens if you radial disarm a shield osprey, for example).

Something tells me that you (Pepz) are being a little elitist about "those damn noobs ruining my difficulty". In reality this thread is not about the game's difficulty at all. Perhaps you saw that one word and then jumped to an erroneous conclusion? I would suggest actually reading what people have to say.

You lose the ability to hit things at long range so being able to bring 3 melee weapons with you doesn't sound so bad to me.

It would open up the possibility for mind blowing combos but we would need duplicate mods.

Edited by AFKrey